6th April 2018, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

Percentage required in 10th GBSE to study 11th Biology?

Hi friends, I would like to know that how much percentage I need in 10th standard in GBSE Board to take Science stream and in that if I want to take Biology stream in 11th standard?

Related Questions:
  1. Difficulties to get admission in Engineering/Medical colleges with GBSE certificate?
  2. Mathematics study materials to prepare for 10th GBSE Board exam?
  3. Minimum percentage required in 10th to get admission in AMU for 11th Science?
  4. Minimum percentage required in 10th to get admission in AMU for 11th Science?
  5. Percentage required in 10th to study Commerce in 11th? Total fee expenses of 11th Commerce?
  6. Cutoff percentage required in 10th ICSE Board to study 11th Science in Ballygunge Shiksha Sadan, Kolkata?
  7. How to study for Biology, Physics and Chemistry in 11th? I have completed 10th examination -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Cutoff percentage required in 10th UP Board to study 11th Science in Arwachin World School, Ghaziabad?
  9. Cutoff percentage required in 10th ICSE Board to study 11th Science in St. XavierÂ’s School, Kutch?
  10. Cutoff percentage required in 10th Chhattisgarh Board to study 11th Science in Podar International School, Raipur?
  11. Cutoff percentage required in 10th to study 11th in Apeejay School, Pitampura?
  12. What should I study among Mathematics and Biology in 11th if expecting 85% in 10th?
  13. Cutoff percentage required in 10th Chhattisgarh Board to study 11th Science in Guru Nanak Smriti HS School, Raipur?
  14. Cutoff percentage required in 10th Tamil Nadu Board to study 11th Science in Besant Theosophical HS School, Chennai?
  15. Cutoff percentage required in 10th Assam Board to study 11th Science in Barpathar Higher Secondary School, Golaghat? -- [New]
  16. Cutoff percentage required in 10th Karnataka Board to study 11th Science in AECS Magnolia Maaruti Public School, Bengaluru?
  17. Cutoff percentage required in 10th to study 11th Science in BHU?
  18. Cutoff percentage required in 10th to secure 11th Science admission in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Silvassa?

4th May 2018, 08:20 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage required in 10th GBSE to study 11th Biology?

Percentage required in 10th CBSE to pursue 11th Biology:

In general, the percentage required in 10th class varies from college to college. i.e., some of the colleges ask candidates to have minimum 70% marks and some ask candidates to have minimum 60% marks..etc

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, according to CBSE rules candidates who score more than 60% marks are eligible to get admission into 11th class of any stream.

But in general, most of the schools prefer more than 7 CGPA in order to get admission in 11th class. Hence, I would suggest you to pursue very well and work hard. So that you will be getting more than 8 or 8.5 CGPA and with this, you will be definitely eligible to get admission into Higher Secondary course. But one thing I would like to share with you is, eligibility criteria and percentage criteria slightly varies from college to college.

5th May 2018, 06:27 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No specific percentage in 10th standard is required to study 11th standard Medical Science stream. To be eligible to pursue 11th standard Medical Science stream, you should have passed 10th standard in all subjects from a Government recognised board. Admissions in 11th standard are offered directly in most of the schools whereas some schools conducts an entrance examination/ admission test for offering admission in 11th standard Medical Science stream.

5th May 2018, 09:40 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Different schools have different cut off marks for admission in class 11th for science stream. Hence, there is no fixed percentage, which can help you get admission.

It will depend on the kind of school you want to get admission into. If you want admission at any top school, then above 90% is the least you should get.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?