2nd July 2010, 03:14 PM
swaroop m

Should I go for career in Medicine after 12th?

i hav passed my 12th and wish to pursue a career in medicine. i m aware of the many subjects and i think ill be able to cope up with my studies...but my parents think that i wont be able to do it inspite of me telling them several times. m really worried because the colleges will be starting this month and still deciding about my career...plz help.

26th May 2011, 07:57 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Should I go for career in Medicine after 12th?

First of all have you gone through exams like AIIMS, AFMC, AIPMT..etc to seek entrance for a medical seat in colleges?

You will be placed in a medical college if you go through these examinations. If you want to seek direct admission then you have to go through the Management Quota where you have to pay extra fee along with donation.If you get good marks in the above mentioned entrance exams then it shows that you will definitely cope up with the subjects in MBBS Stream.

It's your career and you have to choose the right choice.Your not the first one to join the stream and even will not be the last one hence many students have already coped up with the subjects and came up successfully.Please don't make it too late so that things get worse.
26th May 2011, 08:35 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaroop m View Post
i hav passed my 12th and wish to pursue a career in medicine. i m aware of the many subjects and i think ill be able to cope up with my studies...but my parents think that i wont be able to do it inspite of me telling them several times. m really worried because the colleges will be starting this month and still deciding about my career...plz help.
Career in the field of Medicine

If you have pass 12th std. with physics, chemistry and mathematics as a
main subject then you can go in the field of medicine. The first choice for
the student who pass 12th with PCB subject is MBBS. Many entrance exam is conducted by the Central government and state government for the admission in this course.

You can appear in the many entrance exam for the admission in the
MBBS course like AIIMS, AIPMT, AFMC....etc. Many private institute also
conducts the entrance examination for admission in the MBBS course.

Take a decision about your career according to your interest not by
other interest. It will be best for you. I wish you will get a bright future.

Regards
~Mukul~
26th May 2011, 10:51 AM
pradeepdeshwal3626

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaroop m View Post
friend,
you just have to tell your parents that you have great interest in these things,i will excel in it.so just convince you parents and they will really understand you.
26th May 2011, 11:58 AM
BEST CAREER
Member+

Let me make you aware that for making a career in medicine you need to appear for the entrance exams such as:PMT,AIPMT,DPMT.HPMT, etc

On the basis of your score in these entrance exams you will be allotted admission in MBBS/BDS

Medicine field is a very hard working field and it really need devotion towards the goal.
there are no shortcuts to become a doctor you need to study hard in various subjects such as pharmacology,anatomy etc

and if you are really confident that you will be able to do the studies in medicine then you should surely go for the course.

And for this year if want to take admission then you must have already been appeared in the exams .
so there is no time left to take decision to choose your career in medicine if you ahvenot appeared in entrances.
26th May 2011, 02:16 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

ya of course you can go for the career in the Medicine fields
its you who has to go the studies and not your parents and if you feel you can do the hard work and the problem is solved
as you have to study and not your parents
make your parents realize that its your life and you will take your own decision and try to convince them that you will do well in your studies
26th May 2011, 02:29 PM
Sumit Ahujaa

Yes you can go for medicine but you have to prepare for AIIMS,AIPMT like this entrance exam for seat in some recognized colleges.
You will get admission if you will pass this exam.And if you got good marks in this exam you will cope up with the subjects in MBBS stream
Thanks
26th May 2011, 02:34 PM
shlrao
Senior Member+

If you are thinking that I can do this then try to understand your parents and told them that medicine field is also a good field and I can make my bright career then the other field. I like this medicine field and I have lot of interest with medicine field.

In India many colleges are running this course. You can get the admission in top colleges through the entrance exam like AIIMS, AFMC and AIPMT which is to be conducted at the national and state level every year.
26th May 2011, 06:24 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Hello,
"None the two advices that medical field is best, if you have firm determination to achieve your target".
If you get qualified in exams like AIPMT, AIIMS, AFMC, universities conducts exams like JNU, BHU, AMU etc, you will have chance to pursue MBBS from recognised medical colleges in india.
Other career options in medical are homeopathy, physiology, pathology, lab technician, nutritionist, physiotherapy etc.
If you are not interested in medical field then you can go for non-medical stream. Its completely depends on you that which field would you choose, only you know that what are your likes and dislikes are. If you feel that in that field you can do better then you should go for your choosen sector.
So, 'choice is your, think wise'.
Ok, best of luck.
26th May 2011, 06:32 PM
bhuvan123

Thumbs up Re: Should I go for career in Medicine after 12th?

Hi buddy,
Don't worry.Calm your mind and try to think deeply about your career and if you are still interested in medicine, then be as strong as a mountain in your decision ....... "If you are really interested in a thing, you will be the best in that thing... "now try to convince your parents saying that you can shine like a star(or even like a sun) in medicineone month time is not too short or too long. Please do not lose the timely opportunity that you have got.Finally convince your parents and try to join a good medical college and prove that your decision will be always right in the future......
26th May 2011, 09:22 PM
cute_ayam

you can try foreign medical schools like Romania
www(dot)medschoolconstanta(dot)com
27th May 2011, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

sir i'm a pcmb student and i got 79% in 12 cls this year i have 86%in pcb what should i do to get addmission in this yaer only ???
28th May 2011, 08:14 PM
cute_ayam

My honest advice is try romania, I am in 5th year here. A lot of opportunities are to work in different countries of Europe like, france, germany norway uk...
Trust me you will remmember me if you follow it. lolzzz
Anywayzz i suggest www(dot)medschoolconstanta(dot)com. They are the best with lot of services.. email and see for urself..
7th August 2020, 03:15 PM
suchi haria
Junior Member+

You will have to appear for the national level entrance exam to get a medical seat
Yes, there is a lot to study ,but if you are determined and want to study hard than you must go for it
If you study hard ,regularly than you will be able to achieve your goal
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?