27th March 2019, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study PhD(Biomedical Engineering) in IIT-Hyderabad?

Hi Sir, I want to study PhD(Biomedical Engineering) in IIT-Hyderabad. I just want to know about the duration of this course. So, please tell me about the duration and also let me know about the eligibility criteria for applying in this course.

31st March 2019, 08:36 AM
bokoma
Member+

Default Re: Eligibility to study PhD(Biomedical Engineering) in IIT-Hyderabad?

>> First class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST) in Master's Degree in Science/Engineering/Technology.

>> M.Tech./M.E/M.S (Engineering/Technology) degree with first class or equivalent in the respective are allied area.

>> Candidates with Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology or Master's degree in Sciences in an allied area and possessing a valid GATE score may also apply.

>> For those who have not yet completed their qualifying examination but are in 7th semester/3rd year(for b.tech students) and 3rd semester/1st year for PG students will be considered.

>> Candidates with CSIR-NET-JRF/UGC-NET-JRF award for research fellowship or equivalent or GATE qualification are encouraged to apply.

>> Please note that more stringent criteria may be used based in case of marks in previous degrees for short-listing candidates to be called for interview.
31st March 2019, 10:20 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

** Ph.D. Biomedical Engineering or Doctor of Philosophy in Biomedical Engineering is a Doctorate Biomedical Engineering course.

** The applicants should have passed Master degree in engineering from a recognized university.

** The minimum percentage required in master degree for Doctor of Philosophy in Biomedical Engineering course is 60%.

** The final selection of the candidate will be done on the basis of entrance and interview.
31st March 2019, 06:44 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to study PhD (Biomedical Engineering) in IIT-Hyderabad are as follows:-
Candidate must have completed their M.Sc in disciplines consistent with the research areas of the department with at least 55% aggregate from a recognised college or university..

Course duration - 2 years
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?