22nd July 2019, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

Percentage required in 10th CBSE Board exam to become an IAS Officer?

I am studying in 10th standard from CBSE Board. I am average in studies but my aim is to become an IAS Officer. I want to know what percentage I have to secure in my 10th Board exam from this CBSE Board so that I can achieve my aim?

26th July 2019, 11:27 AM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage required in 10th CBSE Board exam to become an IAS Officer?

There is no specific percentage of marks required in 10th 12th for getting the eligibility for civil service exam.

You must have completed your graduation from any recognized colleges / University.

You must have Indian nationality

Your age must lie in between 18 to 30 years for general category students.

There is also a relaxation in upper age of 3 years for OBC category whereas 5 years for SC / St category.
26th July 2019, 12:10 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage required in 10th CBSE Board exam to become an IAS Officer?

Let me tell you that percentage is not the criteria to become an IAS officer because minimum qualification required to appear in civil services exam is graduation in any discipline from a recognised University.
The candidate must have passed in graduation.
26th July 2019, 12:35 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Minimum qualification required to be an IAS officer is graduation in any stream from a recognised University and percentage is not be criteria but yes the candidate must have passed in all the subjects of Graduation.
26th July 2019, 02:37 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

There is no percentage criteria for IAS exam:-

After 10th you are not eligible to become an IAS officer.

The eligibility criteria for IAS exam:-

The candidate should have passed bachelor's degree from a recognised University with any stream.

Who are in their final year or awaiting results are also eligible to appear for UPSC preliminary examination.

Age limit:-
Minimum age to appear for IAS exam is 21 years.
26th July 2019, 04:16 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

To become an I.A.S Officer candidates have to appear and qualify in the Civil Service Examination.

For appearing in the examination the required minimum qualification is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university or appearing for the final year examination.

There is no minimum required aggregate in any of the academic qualification to become eligible to appear in the examination.

So, you need minimum passing aggregate to become eligible to appear in the examination. To get more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
26th July 2019, 05:07 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Your class 10th board percentage has nothing to do with IAS officer selection. You just need to have pass marks in 10th, 12th and graduation to become eligible for the UPSC Civil Services exam. Just make sure you are well prepared for the exam according to the exam pattern and syllabus of civil services exam.

Selection will be on the basis of performance in the written exam and interview conducted by the UPSC. Your class 10th or any academic marks will not be considered for selection.
27th July 2019, 11:31 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

To be an Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer, you are required to qualify the Civil Services examination held once every year by UPSC.

Further, the minimum education required to apply for the Civil Services examination is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university. Students pursuing final year of their degree course are also eligible.

Now, as far as you are concerned about the minimum marks required in Class 10th to be eligible for becoming an IAS officer i.e; for appearing in the Civil Services examination then there is no such requirement at any stage of academics and therefore a degree holder in any discipline with whatever percentage of marks in Class 10th, Class 12th, and graduation degree are eligible to apply for the Civil Services examination as far as the educational requirement for the same is concerned.

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?