18th March 2020, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

Can we opt for Hindi subject in UGC NET without having Hindi in Graduation?

I have done B.Sc Mathematics hons. from Delhi University after that due to some reasons I did MA Hindi. Now can I opt Hindi as my subject for 2nd paper in UGC NET or is it not possible due to different subjects in UG & PG?

23rd March 2020, 10:51 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can we opt for Hindi subject in UGC NET without having Hindi in Graduation?

NET refers to National Eligibility Test and it is held twice every year by NTA (National Testing Agency) for the recruitment of Assistant Professor and JRFs across various recognised university.

Further, the minimum education required to appearing in these examinations is a master's degree ( in your interested paper for teaching) with at least 55% marks from a recognised university. Marks relaxation upto 5% is allowed for candidates belonging to reserved category.

So, having completed your Master's degree course i.e; MA in Hindi, you are eligible to apply for NET with Hindi as you concerned paper if you have managed to secure above mentioned minimum marks in aggregate in your Master's degree course.

For more details regarding the same examination, you can visit its official link [URL="www.ntanet. nic.in"]www.ntanet.nic.in[/URL
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?