5th December 2020, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in the UGC NET if completed Graduation around 20 years ago and Post Graduation around 9 years ago?

Hi friends, I have completed my Graduation around 20 years ago. After a gap of 9 years I did my Post Graduation. I have completed my Post Graduation around 9 years ago. Now, I want to give the UGC NET. Please let me know about my eligibility to appear in this eligibility test. Thank you!

6th December 2020, 10:08 AM
jeet2porwal

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in the UGC NET if completed Graduation around 20 years ago and Post Graduation around 9 years ago?

Yes, You are eligible to appear in the UGC NET if completed Graduation around 20 years ago and Post Graduation around 9 years ago.

You must have completed your Post Graduation with minimum 55% of aggregate.

For UGC JRF your age should be less than 30 years.
6th December 2020, 04:36 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in the UGC NET if completed Graduation around 20 years ago and Post Graduation around 9 years ago?

NET stands for National Eligibility Test and it is held twice every year by NTA (National Testing Academy).

Further, the minimum education required for appearing in NET, is a Master's degree in concerned subject with at least 55% marks in aggregate from a recognized university. Marks relaxation upto 5% is allowed in case of candidates from SC/ST and PH category.

So, having completed your Postgraduation (i.e; Master's degree course ) even 9 years ago, you are eligible to apply for UGC NET if you have managed to secure minimum marks required in the qualifying degree to appear in the same examination as mentioned above.

For complete details regarding NTA NET, you can refer to the link www.ntanet.nic.in.
6th December 2020, 04:37 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to appear for UGC NET. The required educational qualification to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed master degree with minimum 55% aggregate.

Relaxation in required aggregate to appear for examination for reserved category.

Examination is conducted twice in a year.

For more information visit at www.ntanet.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?