12th August 2011, 06:20 PM
Meghali sachdeva

How much marks needed to get a high rank in IIT JEE to get admission in IIT Delhi? Does 11th and 12th marks play and important role during out admission in a good IIT college?

Respected sir,
i want to ask that what is the rank that i need to score in IIT-JEE exam to get an admission in IIT-DELHI?

Also i wanted to know that does our 11th and 12th marks play any role during our admission in a good IIT college??????

Related Questions:
  1. Minimum marks required in JEE Advance to get admission in IIT-Delhi?
  2. Am I eligible to apply for B.Tech in IIT? Can I expect admission in B.Tech Aerospace at IIT with 60% in 12th and a good JEE score next year?
  3. What is best for me after scoring 73% in PCM and 71% in PCM?
  4. Can I take the admission in IIT after diploma? What is the eligibility criteria followed for the same?
  5. Process of getting IIT being diploma student?
  6. Am I eligible for admission in Engineering having gap of one year between 12th and B.Sc? Which type of engineering can I do and which type of entrance exam to give?
  7. How to check application form status?
  8. If I score good marks in IIT JEE will I get admission in IIMS and MERI?
  9. Process of getting admission in IITs after completing diploma?
  10. How much to score in IIT JEE so as to get a seat in Aerospace Engineering? In which colleges can I get admission after scoring below 9k rank in IIT JEE?
  11. How can I get admission in IIT through JEE Main & Advanced after completing 12th?
  12. Can I give JEE Main in 2017 for 3rd time? Whether JEE Advanced 2017 marks will be required for admission in NITs and IIITs? -- [New]
  13. How to get admission for M.Sc. course in Astrophysics stream in IIT?
  14. How can I get admission in IIT Delhi after completing my diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  15. Is the IIT entrance exam same after completion of 12th and diploma course?
  16. How can I prepare for GATE after passing EEE branch
  17. How should we get a good rank in IIT JEE? Is junior or senior intermediate course for IIT important? Can I get a rank by learning for IIT in 2nd year?
  18. Can I get admission in NIT college after scoring 52 marks in IIT JEE?
15th August 2011, 02:03 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much marks needed to get a high rank in IIT JEE to get admission in IIT Delhi? Does 11th and 12th marks play and important role during out admission in a good IIT college?

Dear Friend

If you are a GENERAL category student you are required to score All India Rank(AIR)
below 1000 for getting admission in a decent branch. You can get admission in
Textile Engineering at 2500 AIR and production engineering at around 1800 AIR.
If your rank is below 1000, you will have more choices at the time of admission.

The marks of 11th and 12th doesn't matter at all during admission or application
for the entrance test.
You just need to score more than 60% marks in 12th.
If you (a 12th appearing student) qualify IIT-JEE but don't get more than 60% marks
in 12th then your candidature will be vanish.
Apart from this clause there is no role of 12th marks in preparing Merit List or allotting seats.

But, try to score good marks in 12th too, because you will need high figures of 12th marks
to get placed in top MNCs/To get admission in IIMs through CAT etc.
15th August 2011, 02:00 PM
deba93

Thumbs up Re: How much marks needed to get a high rank in IIT JEE to get admission in IIT Delhi? Does 11th and 12th marks play and important role during out admission in a good IIT college?

Hello dear friend get above 300 in IITJEE to get in IIT DELHI.

And the marks in classes10,12 don't really matter.For being eligible, you are to get 60% in the qualifying(+2)exam which IITians are supposed to get.
Hope this helps.....WITH BEST WISHES....
3rd October 2011, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How much marks needed to get a high rank in IIT JEE to get admission in IIT Delhi? Does 11th and 12th marks play and important role during out admission in a good IIT college?

about eligibility
13th October 2011, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

dear sir,
i want to know the schedule {time table} for studying in order to get admission in iit delhi or iit rurkee..
i am a class 12 cbse student and now only 5 months are left for the exam
more over i am from general cateougry..
23rd October 2011, 04:30 AM
Unregistered

dear sir,there is a talk that if a child passes out his 12th from british syllabus ,he doesn't need to face his entrance for iit,he can join iit directly.is there anything like this.through which syllabus a child has to pass out,to avoid entrance n joining iit directly.
?
14th November 2011, 12:49 AM
Unregistered

WITH 270 MARKS CAN I GET INT IIT DELHI
4th December 2011, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

sir i am a 1st year student...can u pls tel me how many marks should get eligible for iit in
chennai
18th January 2012, 05:51 PM
Unregistered

How much marks is of iit paper?
And from which class we should start the preparation of it?
25th January 2012, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

How much marks i need to score in IIT JEE and what should be my All India Rank to get admission in IIT BOMBAY in the field of Civil Engineering?
15th February 2012, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

what air is needed to get iit mumbai???
15th February 2012, 09:16 PM
bunty00

Hy,
see the cut off of IITJEE is not fixed. In 2010 it was 188 and in 2011 it was 228.so it totally depends upon the level of question pattern.But i will suggest you to strengthen chemistry and little bit maths so that you can score good in that and just clear the cutoff for physics.you will definately selected.
gud luck.
29th February 2012, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

please someone tell me how to concentrate on studies so as to get good marks in iit.
15th March 2012, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

sir i m 12th class student my exams on the way and on 8th april i have my jee exam so how can i prepare for the exam i m very embrassed sir and at what rank i will get admission in iit jee college pls tell me sir
20th March 2012, 08:04 AM
Unregistered

How much rank required to get admission in iits college.IF one belongs to SC community,then is there any reservation for them.Plz tell me.
8th May 2012, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

HOW MUCH MARKS NEEDED TO GET A RANK IN IIT JEE TO GET ADMISSION ANY WHERE?
10th May 2012, 07:37 PM
ab7777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The number of marks of IIT-JEE fluctuates every year, there is no fixed pattern of marks. In 2012, the number of marks were 408 as compared to 480 in 2011.
The preparation for IIT-JEE should ideally begin in 11th standard as the the portion for the exam is in sync with the board portion for class 11 and 12.
you may join a reputed coaching centre to guide you in the correct manner to be successful is all the engineering entrance examinations. All the best for your future endeavors.
10th May 2012, 07:43 PM
ab7777

Quote:
HOW MUCH MARKS NEEDED TO GET A RANK IN IIT JEE TO GET ADMISSION ANY WHERE?
The cut off of IIT-JEE exam usually is around the 50% mark. though 50% will not ensure admission in the branch of your choice or also the campus of your choice. In order to get a good rank(<1000), you must prepare hard and score 75% marks in the exam to qualify with ease and also have the opportunity to choose the branch of your choice and the campus of your choice!
16th May 2012, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

can we get admission on iit for which we opt according to our convenience if we get rank around 1000.
16th May 2012, 10:39 PM
ab7777

Quote:
can we get admission on iit for which we opt according to our convenience if we get rank around 1000.
If you get a rank of around 1000 in the IIT-JEE exam, you may expect to get the course/branch of your choice but not at the campus of your choice.

IIT currently has 15 branches(including new and old), getting a seat in IIT Bombay or IIT Delhi will not be possible as these are the best branches overall and the top rankers opt for IIT-B or IIT-D..

You may expect the following branches in all IITs:

AEROSPACE ENGINEERING (B.Tech. 4Yr)
CHEMICAL ENGINEERING (B.Tech. 4 Yr)
CIVIL ENGINEERING (B.Tech. 4 Yr)
ENGINEERING PHYSICS (B.Tech. 4 Yr)
METALLURGICAL ENGINEERING & MATERIALS SCIENCE (B.Tech. 4 Yr)
CHEMISTRY (M.Sc. Integrated 5 Yr)
AEROSPACE ENGINEERING (M.Tech 5 Yr Dual Degree)
CHEM.ENGG./PROC.SYS.DES.& ENGG. (M.Tech 5 Yr Dual Degree)
CIVIL ENGG.with M.Tech in STRUCTURAL ENGG. (5 Yr Dual Degree)
ENGINEERING PHYSICS/NANOSCIENCE (M.Tech 5 Yr Dual Degree)
MECH. ENGG./CAD & AUTOMATION (M.Tech 5 Yr Dual Degree)
MECH. ENG/COMP.INT.MANUFACTURING (M.Tech 5 Yr Dual Degree)
MECH.ENGG./THERMAL & FLUIDS ENGG. (M.Tech 5 Yr Dual Degree)
MET.ENGG. & MAT. SC/CERAMICS & COMP (M.Tech 5 Yr Dual Degree)
MET. ENGG. & MAT SC./MET. PROC. ENGG. (5 Yr Dual Degree)

If you have any more queries, you may reply to this post!
Good luck
27th June 2012, 10:20 AM
Unregistered

how can we start for preparing IIT in 11th standard ?
18th July 2012, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

HOW TO GET GOOD MARKS IN IIT JEE EXAM?
19th July 2012, 12:24 AM
Unregistered

Sir i m in 11th class from science side. Sir i want to know that how many marks or percentage is needed to take admission in IIT colledge? And what i have to do to score good marks in 11th and 12th class?
20th July 2012, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

How much marks r needed in iit
20th July 2012, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

I am in 10th semi english so how can i prepare for IIT
23rd July 2012, 06:19 PM
ab7777

Quote:
dear sir,there is a talk that if a child passes out his 12th from british syllabus ,he doesn't need to face his entrance for iit,he can join iit directly.is there anything like this.through which syllabus a child has to pass out,to avoid entrance n joining iit directly.
?
Hi
I would like to tell you that there is no other way to get admission in IIT other than appearing for and passing the entrance exam called IITJEE. There is no provision of direct admission to anyone.
23rd July 2012, 06:25 PM
ab7777

Quote:
The maximum marks of the IIT entrance test are not fixed and change every year without prior notice. The portion consists of 11th and 12th grade syllabus so it is advised that one stats from the beginning of 11th standard itself. Concentrating on school studies will help in getting the basics right and also getting good marks in school exams. joining coaching classes is advised but not compulsory, as there are students who succeed in these exams with determination and hardwork.
I wish you good luck for your preparations.
23rd July 2012, 06:27 PM
ab7777

Quote:

The maximum marks of the IIT entrance test are not fixed and change every year without prior notice. The portion consists of 11th and 12th grade syllabus so it is advised that one stats from the beginning of 11th standard itself. Concentrating on school studies will help in getting the basics right and also getting good marks in school exams. joining coaching classes is advised but not compulsory, as there are students who succeed in these exams with determination and hardwork.
I wish you good luck for your preparations.
23rd July 2012, 06:37 PM
ab7777

Quote:
how can we start for preparing IIT in 11th standard ?
In my opinion 11th standard to start the iitjee prep for any aspiring candidate.
Here are a few tips I would like to share with you:

1. Do not ignore studies at school, try to focus as much as you can since the school portion comprises of the basics in the simplest words which will help you understand concepts which are to be applied in the jee exam.

2. Be sincere with your homeworks and assignments at your coaching classes if you have joined any. If not, make sure you have the advance level books to study and solve questions from and study atleast for 3 hours sincerely everyday.

3. Don't fool yourself by mugging up concepts, it might help in school exams but not in competitives

4. Don't hesitate to take help from teachers and friends even on the easiest topics, don't be ashamed of yourself, keep yourself motivated.

Good luck.
23rd July 2012, 06:53 PM
ab7777

Quote:
HOW TO GET GOOD MARKS IN IIT JEE EXAM?
The iitjee exam is all about dedication, hardwork and working smartly to be ahead of the competition.

It is most important to grasp concepts from scratch and being sure about them will give you the confidence required to succeed at the iitjee exam. It is also important to be consistent with studies and maintain a minimum study time everyday. You must also focus on school studies as they are the basics which help in building advanced concepts .

You must also make sure you're able to solve the iitjee level questions by solving the previous year papers and evaluating them yourself to know your weak and strong topics. Keep studying and evaluating yourself at regular intervals and try to get faster at calculations as that will help to save time in competitives. And just be confident that you can do it and trust me that motivation will make you do it.

Good luck.
23rd July 2012, 07:01 PM
ab7777

Quote:
Sir i m in 11th class from science side. Sir i want to know that how many marks or percentage is needed to take admission in IIT colledge? And what i have to do to score good marks in 11th and 12th class?
Hi friend
Admission in iit college is done on the basis of an independent entrance exam called the iitjee. You will have to give this exam and qualify in order to study at the IITs.there is tough competition for this exam and you must prepare well to have a shot at qualifying.

To score well in 11th and 12th its important to be attentive in school lectures and sincerely complete the homework and assignments given by teachers. It will also help to score better in competitive exams if you pay attention in school. Make sure you study consistently and understand every concept.

Good luck.
17th December 2012, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

I AM IN 11TH CLASS, IAM TAKING COACHINGS FROM DIFFERENT TEACHERS AND STUDY AN AVERAGE OF 3-4 HOURS A DAY. I HAVE NOT JOINED ANY SCHOOL. HOW MANY PERCENTAGE SHOULD I GET IN 12TH CBSE AS PER NEW SYSTEM SO I MAY COME UNDER 1.50 LAC STUDENTS APPEARING FOR IITJEE. IS MY STUDY TIME IS SUFFICIENT.
17th December 2012, 10:07 PM
ab7777

Quote:
I AM IN 11TH CLASS, IAM TAKING COACHINGS FROM DIFFERENT TEACHERS AND STUDY AN AVERAGE OF 3-4 HOURS A DAY. I HAVE NOT JOINED ANY SCHOOL. HOW MANY PERCENTAGE SHOULD I GET IN 12TH CBSE AS PER NEW SYSTEM SO I MAY COME UNDER 1.50 LAC STUDENTS APPEARING FOR IITJEE. IS MY STUDY TIME IS SUFFICIENT.
Hi friend

As for the 12th CBSE board exam, do not worry much about it if you are seriously preparing for the IIT-JEE exam. The board exam is of much lower level and a student sincerely preparing for JEE generally does well in boards as well.
An aggregate of about 75-80% should be enough to put you in the top 150000.

Coming to your query regarding the study time, it is important for you to realize that quality is much more important than the quantity.
The number of hours you study isnt as important, what matters is your concentration and focus during those hours which will help you to grasp the subject well. 3 to 4 hours of self study time is sufficient if you are additionally going for coaching classes. Make sure that you're true to yourself and you sincerely study in those 3 to 4 hours. If you do so, then you will have a much realistic chance of making it in the IITs.

Good luck
26th December 2012, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

hello,
I am in 11th standard.. As this session is going to be end after 3 months,. And from now i have started preparing for iit.. I want to know that can i clear the exam in 1 year
And 3 months or i have to drop a year after plus2..
13th January 2013, 07:38 PM
Unregistered

how much marks needed in 12th CBSE bord exm.
17th January 2013, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

how much marks needed to get into iit madras and how to prepare for iit entrance
17th January 2013, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

how many marks are needed to get into iit madras and how to prepare for iit entrance
20th January 2013, 09:41 AM
Unregistered

what is percentage reqire in 12 for IIT in 2013
8th April 2013, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

if i get 55marks then i will get admission in delhi ?
29th May 2013, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

HELLO SIR ,
I HAVE GOT A LOT OF INTREST IN ACTING BUT, I THINK BEFORE GOING IN FILM INDUSTRY BETTER TO GET ONE PROFFESION SO IS IT GOOD TO BECOME IITian ? can we GET MUMBAI after passing iit? wht to do for getting mumbai ? is my decision good ?
8th June 2013, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

dear sir,
now iam studying BE (ECE dpt) first year ..if I want to do ME in iit madras...from when I want to start preparing for iitjee exam ....and how much my mark and rank must be to enter in itt...?please clarify my doubt ....
8th June 2013, 10:55 AM
Unregistered

dear sir,
now iam studying BE(ECE dept) first year ....if I want to get a seat in itt .....from when I want to start prepare for iitjee exam....and within how many marks and rank must be to enter iit....
18th January 2014, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

why everyone aspire for iit delhi
the main concept to be in iit is hardwork only
10th April 2014, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

i go just pass marks in jee mains ,if i get very good marks in advanced will i be able to get seat in iit delhi or bombay,or they consider mains marks even for iits
15th May 2014, 12:48 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
How much marks i need to score in IIT JEE and what should be my All India Rank to get admission in IIT BOMBAY in the field of Civil Engineering?
IITB opening rank 400 for civil closing about 1600 rank
8th June 2014, 02:52 PM
Unregistered

i am in class 11th i am from an uneducated family but iwant to become a soft.engg so what should i have to do so.
9th July 2014, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

I want to become a civil.engineers, then how much marks I have to scored in 11 and 12?
19th July 2014, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

What is the average cut-off marks in getting into different IIT colleges all over india??
1st August 2014, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

dear sir , im a 11th student and i want to know about what ranking should i secure in order to get in iit mumbai and i hve obc certificate ......!!!!!!
can u plz plz plz help me >>>>>
19th September 2014, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

Iam a12th student what ranking Should i secure inorder to get In iit gwahaty and iam general
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?