19th August 2011, 02:18 AM
127640himanshu

Should I do MBA from IIMs or opt for Merchant Navy if I want to have a lucrative career?

Respected Sir/Madam,
I want to have a lucarative career in my life so as to raise my level from lower middle class to rich class. Should I go for MBA from IIMs or opt for Merchant Navy?
Your suggestion will be highly appreciated.
Thank you.

19th August 2011, 12:16 PM
suryakanti

Default Re: Should I do MBA from IIMs or opt for Merchant Navy if I want to have a lucrative career?

HIMANSHU doing MBA is itself a very good option. why don't you try more field regarding management's job. Its has so many white collar jobs like HR, Project manager, field representative,etc all you just need is to study MBA hard through best institutes by clearing CAT/MAT.

Or if you want to do merchant navy then its also a nice carrier which doesn't need any MBA degree. All you just need to do is clear a pretest of it then physical test if you clear it then you w'll be selected for the merchant navy job. GOOD LUCK.
19th August 2011, 03:34 PM
adesh007

Default Re: Should I do MBA from IIMs or opt for Merchant Navy if I want to have a lucrative career?

lucrative carrier is all about making money through great packages that aallocated from college , Doing Mba from IIMs itself it is lucrative.
19th August 2011, 03:58 PM
Indrajit1978

Red face Re: Should I do MBA from IIMs or opt for Merchant Navy if I want to have a lucrative career?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 127640himanshu View Post
Respected Sir/Madam,
I want to have a lucarative career in my life so as to raise my level from lower middle class to rich class. Should I go for MBA from IIMs or opt for Merchant Navy?
Thank you.
I think you should decide at first in which line you want to go? Both are lucrative jobs but the nature of job is quite different. In merchant navy you have to always be in water, which is not affordable by many in respect to health. Whereas best brains are there in IIMs. Though they are effficient in managing. So we can guide but the decision must be yours.

Thanks
Indrajit
19th August 2011, 05:56 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by 127640himanshu View Post
Respected Sir/Madam,
Thank you.
dear friend,
according to me, it will be better for you to do mba from iim.
now a days mba is in great demand by most of the multinational companies.they are getting very good salaries also.
if you do mba from iim, you get very good campus placement. all the students of iim are placed in very good companies every year.
in starting, you will get a little low salary but once you gain some experience, then your earning will increase to a very large amount.
14th July 2020, 03:05 AM
Unregistered

Join m.navy and sail.as Captain after 15 years. Join mba Tier 1 colleges if possible. Become the management team who manages the Captains in the fleet. Life at sea is harsh. Doesnt matter if officer earns 2800 dollars as a beginner to Captain who warns 12000 in dry ship. 18000 or more dollars a month on LNG ship. Onboard a ship u will have to go through physical labour as a trainee and its a.must. if u are good enough to crack CAT then why not join mba. Money is secondary when it comes to long records of service. Family comes into play very soon. No seafarer can deny from this fact. Seafaring is a respected profession but is demanding as well. Mba is also dreadfull sometyms but u ll have time for family. Life will pass very fast in sailing. Thats wat i heard from retired Captains. So choose wisely live well.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?