21st September 2010, 07:38 PM
vaijanath

GATE M.Tech from mechanical branch after B.E degree from Industrial & production branch

Sir I have completed my B.E degree from Industrial & production branch.. But,i would like to do M.Tech from mechanical branch,could i apply for GATE on the basis of mechanical branch..?

Related Questions:
  1. Why IIT Roorkee is showing production and industrial engineering branch under Mechanical Department? Scope in this branch? Do girls get in this branch? Is is better than Metallurgy?
  2. Are industrial and production branch students eligible for BHEL exam? Best books for preparation of BHEL? Which are the core companies?
  3. Which branch of Mechanical department is best for pursuing M.Tech? -- [New]
  4. What is the scope of industrial production branch in India?
  5. Procedure to get admission in PEC Chandigarh? What is the counseling date?
  6. Which branch is good between E&TC and industrial engg
  7. Which branch to take up in M.Tech?
  8. Can I get admission in various NITs in production and industrial after scoring a GATE score of 381 and 33.81? What is the last year cutoff for production and industrial in NITs? I have scored 9838 rank in mechanical
  9. Which is the cheapest engineering college India? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. In which colleges can I get after scoring 383 in GATE Mechanical? Which branch should I prefer?
  11. Which branch is better for GATE, either EC branch or EI branch? I'm a student in NIT(Rourkela) in 3rd year with 9.46 CG
  12. How many seats are available in IIT for M.Tech in Industrial and Production engineering
  13. What are the various specializations in M.Tech for mechanical branch?
  14. How can I apply for RRB UPSC chargeman post for mechanical
  15. How can I apply for RRB UPSC chargeman post for mechanical engineering
  16. In which NIT should i apply for M.Tech so as to get admission after scoring 534 in Production and Industrial Engineering?
  17. Best Coaching Institutes for GATE Exam for Mechanical Branch?
  18. Can I do MA in Automotive Engineering from Germany after B.Tech in Production & Industrial engineering?
23rd September 2010, 12:29 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: GATE M.Tech from mechanical branch after B.E degree from Industrial & production branch

yes,you can apply for the GATE on the basis of mechanical branch .
23rd September 2010, 07:35 PM
javeed

Default Re: GATE M.Tech from mechanical branch after B.E degree from Industrial & production branch

yes, you can very well apply for mechanical stream, but the graduates who have completed B.E/B.Tech in Mechanical, find tough to clear the GATE exam, and if you want to clear, you should do a lots of hard work to clear the exam,

anyhow there is no restriction on GATE stream on which discipline to attend, any discipline student can attend any stream to their wish, then all the best apply for GATE and do your best....
24th September 2010, 12:21 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi,
yes.but you have to give the gate exam of mechanical engineering branch ,
all the best
25th September 2010, 01:15 AM
subhash1206

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaijanath View Post
Sir I have completed my B.E degree from Industrial & production branch.. But,i would like to do M.Tech from mechanical branch,could i apply for GATE on the basis of mechanical branch..?
yes you can do so but you feel some problem to sttudy those subjects
gud luk
25th September 2010, 05:33 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend

I think you can apply for a course in the field of Mechanical engineering which is also concerned with production engineering but the course is run by Mechanical department.

For example

Following are the programs in IITB in Mechanical Engineering(MTech)

1) Thermal and Fluids Engineering: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Aeronautical/ Aerospace Engineering or Automobile Engg. or Chemical Engg. with valid GATE score in any discipline.

2) Design Engineering: Bachelor's degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Production Engineering or Automobile Engg. or Machine Tool Engineering with valid GATE score in any discipline.

3) Manufacturing Engineering: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering or Machine Tool Engineering or Industrial Engineering with valid GATE score in any discipline.

The candidate is expected to appear in a paper appropriate to the discipline of his/her qualifying degree. The candidate is, however, free to choose any paper according to his/her admission plan, keeping in mind the eligibility criteria of the institutions in which he/she wishes to seek admission.
10th October 2010, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

sir,i am btech mechanical student.can i do mtech in mechatronics in iits
10th October 2010, 05:34 PM
Unregistered

sir can i do m-tech in comp sci, even if i am from b-tech mechanical.
14th October 2010, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

sir,i want to know about the different branches of M-tech after B-tech in mechanical
9th December 2010, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

sir,i want to know about the different branches of M-tech after B-tech in mechanical
9th April 2011, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

What are the portions to be prepared on for mechanical stream
10th April 2011, 03:17 PM
akkilala
Member+

Hi dear, I think you can apply for a course in the field of Mechanical engineering which is also concerned with production engineering but the course is run by Mechanical department.

For example

Following are the programs in IITB in Mechanical Engineering(MTech)

1) Thermal and Fluids Engineering: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Aeronautical/ Aerospace Engineering or Automobile Engg. or Chemical Engg. with valid GATE score in any discipline.

2) Design Engineering: Bachelor's degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Production Engineering or Automobile Engg. or Machine Tool Engineering with valid GATE score in any discipline.

3) Manufacturing Engineering: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering or Machine Tool Engineering or Industrial Engineering with valid GATE score in any discipline.

The candidate is expected to appear in a paper appropriate to the discipline of his/her qualifying degree. The candidate is, however, free to choose any paper according to his/her admission plan, keeping in mind the eligibility criteria of the institutions in which he/she wishes to seek admission.

thanks
19th May 2011, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

i am studying mechanical.which is best in m.tech
27th June 2011, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

sir
i m a student of be in mech. engg. n i want to mtech. so you get the information about branch in mtech in the basis of mech.
3rd July 2011, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

how many marks required in CET for BE in mechanical enggeniring for OBC cast
1st August 2011, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

can ve do mtech in us canada uk
5th August 2011, 01:26 PM
Unregistered

ME INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING AFTER BE AERONAUTICAL
2nd September 2011, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

i want to know about all branches of gate in me
26th September 2011, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

can we get psu job from mechanical quota on the basis of gate score in industrial &production branch.
27th September 2011, 12:44 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
After completion of BE in industrial and production branch , you want to do M.tech in mechanical stream..

For that you have to appear in GATE exam..

After qualifying in GATE exam you will get a chance to take admission in M.tech course..

As you want to do M.tech in Mechanical stream then you have to write the exam on the syllabus of Mechanical engineering..

If you agree to do this , then you can go for it..
All the best..
2nd January 2012, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

Please suggest all the courses offered for M. Tech in all IITs for a Production Engineer!
2nd April 2012, 07:15 PM
Unregistered

Hi friends

I am B.tech in chemical engineering can i eligible for m.tech in mechanical plz help me....
16th June 2012, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

i want to do automobile desining which branch should i take after gate qualifing?? pls hlp me sir....
13th December 2012, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

I am doing b.tech and belongs to mechanical engineering after b.tech i doing m.tech in m.tech which stream is good for mechanical engineering
19th March 2013, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

SIR,
I GOT 311 SCORE IN MECHANICAL BRANCH. WHAT IS CUTOFF LAST YEAR
15th August 2014, 05:09 PM
Unregistered

Sir if I clear gate production and industrial engineering what all the branches I can apply for m.tech in iit's and nit's?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?