6th November 2011, 01:28 PM
manali.s

How to apply for a job in a good hospital after completing BDS?

hello
i have completed my bds in september 2011.i want to do job before going further.i want to knw what other carrer options are there after bds and how to apply in a good hospital,so tht i can earn good money for my education.
thank you.
hope to get a reply soon.
manali

Related Questions:
18th November 2011, 05:14 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to apply for a job in a good hospital after completing BDS?

You have completed a course of good future prospects. You can join in any private dental clinic as assistant. You can also find job openings in government hospitals as dental doctors. You can find the notification of job opportunities in various newspapers and employment news. You can also do MBA in Hospital administration if you have an interest in administration. You can also opt for MDS and also teaching jobs in educational institutions.
20th November 2011, 07:12 PM
brijesh2970

Quote:
Originally Posted by manali.s View Post
hello
i have completed my bds in september 2011.i want to do job before going further.i want to knw what other carrer options are there after bds and how to apply in a good hospital,so tht i can earn good money for my education.
thank you.
hope to get a reply soon.
manali

What to do after BDS ?????

This is a question that arises in every mind of persons that are doing BDS ( bachelor of dental surgery) or they have just completed this degree and also those who are planning to pursue this degree in future. It is rightly said by a great man that “where there is a will, there is a way”. There are many options in front of a dental graduate who has completed his 5 year degree from any college either private or government. Following career options are available to fresh passed outs :
Clinic – this is the option that is open to all the degree holders. The success is decided on the skills that a person has obtained during his degree completion and the number of patients he is receiving in his clinic that sharpens his skills. The things that should be ensured before opening a clinic of your own are : a good place to dwell a clinic, a sound investment, proper advertising, last but not the least is the service rendered to the patient.
Clinic + Tutor – this is little much better option that keeps one touch with the academic developments in the dental field and also utilizes the time in off college hours. The main benefit is that it ensures a minimum of salary from the institute and the one u earn at your clinic serves as garnishing. It gives u an extra chance to develop your skills in college.
Clinic + tutor + visiting – it acts as the tripod effect to support one’s profession. A passed can join a college as tutor in a college along with opening a clinic and also make contacts in the city with dentists and can work as visiting dentist there. Moreover it gives a better salary (all counted).
Join hospital + tutor – there are certain instances where a person is unable to open clinic either due to financial limitations or due to lack of confidence. One can find solution in joining a hospital and side by side join a college as tutor. A satisfactory salary can be made by this combination.
MDS (on govt. seat) – one handsome thing is to get admission in a govt. college for MDS and then opening a college. You will be able to deliver a blend of skills and available money (that u saved from the stipend during your MDS). There is also an option to join a college as senior lecturer also which adds to the salary.
MDS (on pvt. Seat) – there are students who even competing in exams well are not able to get govt. seats. They must go for master’s degree if they have to dwell a respectable clinic. Option of joining a dental college as a senior lecturer still in hand.
Civil services – if a person finds later on an inclination towards the civil services job, option is till open as a graduate. Try different exams at national or state level of civil services. A proper preparation is needed to ensure sure selection as it’s a risk u are taking at your professional front. You are leaving your touch with dental field for a considerable amount of time for preparation for these exams. So a no selection means u let ur skills dimmed off.
Hospital administration course – this an opportunity to going administration sector that offers a change of field for those , who completed their BDS but wre not satisfied with their branch. There are handsome salaried jobs available in the reputed hospitals where one can join as the administrator or as the part of the administration. But competition also follows in this branch as the hospital administration option is open for all the graduates of science stream.

All the Best!
4th June 2012, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

when UPSC government dental seats will come ? & how much ?
8th July 2012, 10:16 AM
Unregistered

how much does a freshly discharged bds earn per month??
8th July 2012, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

what are the benefits of maxillofacial surgery all over the world?what are the requirements for it?
26th July 2012, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

how to apply for govt job after master in hospital administration
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?