12th October 2010, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

Scope of MBA in shipping and port management? Placements, Jobs and Salaries?

hello sir,
good day,
i am 3rd officer in merchant navy, i would like to know the scope of MBA shipping and port
management, placement,also, how helpful it will be to become a ship manager. as i am doing
job please tell me if distance learning programme will be helpful?
thanks.
yuv raj singh

Related Questions:
  1. Mba in port management scope and salaries?
  2. How to join the shipping companies after completing MBA in Shipping and Port from Alagappa University?
  3. Admission procedure for MBA in Port and Shipping Management? How good are the placements and how much is the salary?
  4. How to get job in Port Authority of India after studying MBA in Shipping and Port Management through distance mode?
  5. List of colleges offering MBA in Shipping and Port Management?
  6. Which is the best course between MBA in Port & Shipping and MBA in International Business? Which course has the good scope between them?
  7. Which MBA is better to choose - Shipping and Port Management or Shipping and Logistics?
  8. Completed MBA in Shipping(Major) and Port and Logistic(Minor) Management course : What to do to get a good job?
  9. Is there any entrance exam to get MBA in Shipping and Port Management course?
  10. MBA in Shipping and Port Management from Narmad South University, Surat after BCA? Entrance exams and job opportunities?
  11. Colleges in Mumbai for MBA in Shipping and Port Management and their Entrance Exams
  12. Do candidates from B.Sc in Maths eligible for MBA in Shipping and Port Management? Do XAT score accepted for this?
  13. Can I apply for NET UGC exam after completing MBA in Port and Shipping Management? Which is the best Distance Education University? -- [New]
  14. Should I go for UPES in Specialization in Port and Shipping Management and Aviation management? What are the future prospects? What about the placement records?
  15. What is the scope of MBA(Logistic and Port Management) course? Qualification required to study?
  16. Can I apply for MBA in Shipping and port management? I am a 2nd officer in Merchant Navy
  17. Is MBA in Shipping, Logistics & Port Management useful to girls?
  18. What is the scope of getting a job after completing MBA in Shipping Management?
12th October 2010, 07:20 PM
mseetharamster

Default Re: Scope of MBA in shipping and port management? Placements, Jobs and Salaries?

MBA Shipping and Port Management is a rare course conducted by very few universities and institutions in India.

Placements will play a role if you do on regular basis.As you are already an employee doing MBA in shipping and port management in distance mode will definitely help you to get a promotion.
But doing in distance mode will not help to get a job as MBA qualification.

And coming to salary it will be less in Government sector but very high in private sectors
14th October 2010, 04:06 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Scope of MBA in shipping and port management? Placements, Jobs and Salaries?

Dear friend,

Yes you can join in the course MBA in port management through distance learning.

There are lots of good career aspect in this course as it includes one of the most important business sector i.e port management.

On successful completion of this management course you can avail jobs in shipping companies or agencies . It may be Govt or Govt-undertaken.

Here are some top institutes offering the course:

Coimbatore Marine College (CMC), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.

Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur;

Academy of Maritime Education & Training (AMET), Kanathur, Tamil Nadu;

National Institute of Port Management, Chennai;

National Institute of Shipping Management, Mumbai;

Narottam Morarjee Institute of Shipping, Mumbai;

So just go for it. All the best!
30th October 2010, 10:42 AM
Unregistered

wats the sope of airport and ship managment????
15th November 2010, 11:36 AM
Unregistered

hi, what is the salary in port management
15th November 2010, 10:09 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Scope of MBA in shipping and port management? Placements, Jobs and Salaries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello sir,
good day,
i am 3rd officer in merchant navy, i would like to know the scope of MBA shipping and port
management, placement,also, how helpful it will be to become a ship manager. as i am doing
job please tell me if distance learning programme will be helpful?
thanks.
yuv raj singh
There is a lot of opportunity are there in the field of MBA in shipping and port management one can get job in Government jobs under railway,navy and transport department and In private section also it play important role in importing and exporting...... business you are in right path keep doing...
15th November 2010, 10:11 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Scope of MBA in shipping and port management? Placements, Jobs and Salaries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi, what is the salary in port management
It start from 22k to high depending on the institute you did MBA and company you employed for.
1st December 2010, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

which are the best institutes for shipping and logistic management in India?
10th December 2010, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

Dearsir, iam basically science graduate and i plan to MBA shipping and logistics distance mode offered by tamilnadu open university.This distance course is really job oriented and can i expect job oppourtunities with this.
13th December 2010, 10:44 PM
Unregistered

Be careful of investing in education. The investment works to the extent of getting qualified if you work hard, but the there is no guarantee of getting jobs thereafter just on the basis of the high qualification of MBA.
20th December 2010, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

Please tell me mba in shipping and port management course in kerala
Dhanesh kerala
23rd December 2010, 08:26 AM
Unregistered

I am an MBA with Marketing and i have 7 months work experience in Marrketing.I want to join merchant navy.so,what i should do ?
26th December 2010, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

i m plane graduate, i want to join merchant navy plz suggest me what i do?
16th January 2011, 02:18 AM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,
I am a B.com graduate , I would like to study MBA in Shipping and Port Management belongs Maritime University. Can I have a good job in Merchant Navy or Other good ship jobs by taking this course.
Sreeraj TR
Aluva
24th January 2011, 10:39 AM
Unregistered

dun get lucrative by the sheer paying amounts in merchant navy,,, it aint as easy it may look,,,, look fr other options mba is gud u try and get gud in it u might juz hit it off,,,, otherwise if its a total blunder then go for the navy thing,,,, there are a lot of colleges search for them and look for joining criteria
28th January 2011, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

Good Day Sir,
I'm Raj, 3'rd officer onboard a container ship. I've gota B.E marine tech, a dual degree of bsc nautical science and be marine engg. I'd like to do MBA in shipping and logistics supply chain management. Kindly do help me with the above. i'm gettin a mnthly payscale f 1,70,000 R.s ...... so sir, wld this payscale equalzie mba fresher - with 3'rd mates salary onboard ?
1st March 2011, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

please tell me about B Tech in shipping.........
12th March 2011, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

Hi Sir

Could you please advise me of the prospects of doing an MBA in Port and Shipping Management with a Commerce background (Graduate/Post Graduate).

thanks
Roger.
23rd March 2011, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

I am a final year b.com student,i am interested in logistics,import&export and shipping.i have planned to do an MBA in shipping and logistics,is that a right decision,and is there any other good courses in regard with my career interest.
thank you.
24th March 2011, 10:27 AM
Unregistered

hello sir,, i am akshay,a 12th pcm student. i wan to become deck officer in merchant navy. which course should i do for that n from where???
27th March 2011, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir, I am a B.Sc graduate with 3 years of sales exp. I want to perseu for MBA or PG diploma in Shipping & Port Management or Logistic. But as I am working now, i want to opt for distance learning mode. Can u plz guide me in the advantages or disadvantages in distance mode for this course as it is a highly core course.
And also for prospects in my case (being from sales background)
10th April 2011, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

hi sir,
i/m narain here.... i'm doing my bcom second year,,,i ;m intrested in taking my mba in port and shipping mnagement so how about the scope of this course in india pls tell me
24th April 2011, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

Institutes in India from where I can do Port Management and Logistic course through distant learning?
25th April 2011, 01:19 AM
AYUSH KUMAR YADAV
Senior Member+

Yes you can join in the course MBA in port management through distance learning.

25th April 2011, 09:08 AM
amlendu shekhar
Junior Member+

Hi dear,
it includes one of the most important business sector i.e port management.

On successful completion of this management course you can avail jobs in shipping companies or agencies . It may be Govt or Govt-undertaken.

Thanks
30th April 2011, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

i m bcom commerce student working in call center i want to do part time mba in import and export management or other option is mba in shipping and logistic plzzzzzz tell me their is any scope as per experience or qualification background.
8th May 2011, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

hi, I am Mohit wanna to join merchant navy. I have completed my MBA and greduation as BBA, My 10th and 12th are from commerce stream. can i join merchant navy and how..
Regards,
Mohit Maheshwari

E mail id.- [email protected]
28th May 2011, 02:53 AM
Unregistered

which one is the best institute for doing the post gradutoin in shipping management in INDIA guy pleas reply as i hav just completed my final now *********
[email protected]
6th June 2011, 03:21 AM
Unregistered

in merchant navy there r any scope for mba marketing or hr..
25th June 2011, 11:58 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
I just wanted to know whether the MBA courses(Port&shipping,Logistics etc...) offered by the Indian Maritime University(IMU) has any good value and does this field seriously have any good scope?

I need your reply ASAP sir.., Pls help me out in this...
26th June 2011, 12:01 AM
Elton Lopez

Dear sir,
I just wanted to know whether the MBA courses(Port&shipping,Logistics etc...) offered by the Indian Maritime University(IMU) has any good value and does this field seriously have any scope?
I need your reply ASAP sir.., Pls help me out in this...
28th June 2011, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,

I am working in export import Company, Currently I am looking for change from my current Job Profile to Shipping Industry. Please suggest me which will be the best Job Profile in Shipping industry in terms of good hike in Salary as well as overseas Job opportunity, please confirm whether it is PORT MANAGEMENT or CONTAINER LOGISTICS OPERATION or SHIPPING MANAGEMENT or EXPORT SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT or LINE MANAGER / PRICING MANAGER or SHIIPPING MANAGER or any other Job Profile ??????
11th July 2011, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

my doupt is salary
13th July 2011, 12:29 AM
ammunation

Hi dear,

There are lots of good career aspect in this course as it includes one of the most important business sector i.e port management.

So just go for it.

Thanks
15th July 2011, 09:12 PM
CHAUDHARY79

hi dear,
There is a lot of opportunity are there in the field of MBA in shipping and port management one can get job in Government jobs under railway,navy and transport department and In private section also it play important role in importing and exporting...... business you are in right path keep doing...

thanks
17th July 2011, 12:24 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

5th August 2011, 10:49 AM
Unregistered

hiiiiiii...sir i am sandeep yadav...i want to know that after completing my bba course ,,can i get a admission in shipping and port management..please tell me sir....now i am doing bba....
8th August 2011, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

Is MBA in shipping, logistics n port management useful to girls? What is the scope & how much salary one gets after completing the MBA?
13th August 2011, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

hello ,
i am a bsc.viscom graduate i want to do mba in shipping and port management studies whats your opinion ..
thank you
13th August 2011, 07:38 PM
saurabhkaushal333

MBA Shipping and Port Management is a rare course conducted by very few universities and institutions in India.

Placements will play a role if you do on regular basis.As you are already an employee doing MBA in shipping and port management in distance mode will definitely help you to get a promotion.
13th August 2011, 10:37 PM
ammajii

Hi dear,

Thanks
17th August 2011, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

now i m working as third engineer in shipping company, i finished diplomo in marine engineer, now i would like to study mba shipping and logistic management, it is possible, if possible plz suggest any distance education university in chennai.
18th November 2011, 11:46 PM
Unregistered

I hv done hotel management and hv 1yr xperience in 5star hotel and wanted to do mba in logistic.
24th December 2011, 09:37 AM
Unregistered

I just passed By B.Tech In Electrical Engg...Is It beneficial to do shipping and port management After Engg.
If not then which courses is good for me ...
24th December 2011, 09:42 AM
hiren.yes

I just passed B.Tech Electrical ..
Is it beneficial to do post graduate in shipping and port management?
If not then which course is good for me ...?
26th January 2012, 10:03 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir.
Is MBA IN SHIPPING AND PORT MANAGEMENT IN ANNAMALAHI UNIVERSITY DISTANCE LEARNING PROGRAM APPROVED CONNECTED BY ADITYA INSTITUTE
30th January 2012, 03:46 PM
sheshadev senapati
Senior Member++

hello Dear friend,

thank you
7th February 2012, 11:38 PM
Unregistered

Hai sir,

I have 3 years of work experience.1 year as Marketing executive an 2 year as purchase assistant manager (at Dubai).Basically am a Bcom graduate and am holding Diploma in computer application also.I would like to do Executive MBA in logistic management.is it help me to get a good job as based on my work experience?..
8th February 2012, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

sir kya wahi eng. Port and shipping kar skta ha jisne b.tec marine ki ho
25th February 2012, 11:18 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,
I am an M.B.A, Marketing graduate and working in the railways as a parcel and goods supervisor for the last 10 years and drawing Rs 38,000 per month. I would like to pursue M.B.A. in logistics and supply chain management or port management through distance mode. Is it help me to get better jobs in international or private companies. if, yes, please inform the institutes which offers these courses.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?