28th November 2011, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

What degree is required to become a collector? can I write it after holding BSc degree?

which degree is required for to become a collector. i m holding a bsc degree..
i want to know whether am i able to write the exams which is for the enterence.
if it is possible then what is the criteria for it. how can i apply for the exams.

29th November 2011, 08:08 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What degree is required to become a collector? can I write it after holding BSc degree?

You can surely write the exam for becoming collector. You have to clear the civil service exam conducted by UPSC for becoming collector. The eligibility for this exam is to have completed graduation. The minimum age for the exam is 21 years. The exam consists of two stages, prelims and mains. You can to clear Main exam after clearing Prelims. This will be followed by a final interview. If you are selected after interview you have to undergo training in National Academy of Administration.
29th November 2011, 11:48 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Default Re: What degree is required to become a collector? can I write it after holding BSc degree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
if it is possible then what is the criteria for it. how can i apply for the exams.
Hi,
As you have done B.Sc and if your age is between 21 years to 30 years then you have every chance to apply for the post of collector that is for the post of IAS.
The examination for the selection of IAS officers is done through the Civil Service Examination conducted by the UPSC.
The eligibility criteria to appear in the Civil Service Examination is as under :-
Only Graduates from a recognized institutes are eligible to apply for the civil service examination.
The age of the candidate should be between 21 years to 30 years.

So if you are with in the specified criteria then you are quite eligible to appear in the civil service examination.

The notification regarding the next civil service examination will come on 4th February. At that time you can apply for the examination.

Best Wishes......
14th February 2012, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

hello sir i am doing my mba right nw...i want to apply for the collector exam..if i am eligible for the exam or what...please guide me..
14th April 2012, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

which degree is required to become a collector?
14th April 2012, 09:03 PM
kutti.29
Senior Member+

HI friend
qualification for collector: any degree.

you have qualification for collector

ALL THE BEST.
14th April 2012, 09:55 PM
sky bhalodi

Quote:
If you want to be a collector then you will first give the exam of UPSC . In UPSC the eligibility criteria for candidates are below
. one should got the graduation in any recognized university or one should doing their final year graduation can also apply for the exam .
. one age between 21-30 for general catagory , 21-33 for OBC catagory , 21-35 for SC / ST catagory .
. One should attempt max 4 times for general catagory , 7 times for OBC catagory and no limit for SC / ST catagory .
. The exam are preliminary exam then main exam and at last interview . Selection based on marks obtained in main exam and interview.
15th April 2012, 12:59 AM
Eshwarvenkatesh

Quote:
hello,
the educational qualification for IAS is any degree irregarding of any subject. So you can be eligible for IAS exam.
16th January 2014, 03:36 AM
Unregistered

which degree is required to become IAS officer ?
30th January 2014, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

BA English is required for IAS exam
9th April 2014, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

Hi I am bsc med final year student..and aim to become IFS officer...can anyone tell if I am illegible after my graduation and which sub 's should I choose.pls do rply...
5th July 2017, 10:40 AM
Unregistered

Do we have to apper for UPSC? which is conducted for IAS to become a collector and when are the exams scheduled fo the year ?
9th September 2017, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

I'm 12th pass in PCB group and I won't to became a collector ,if I'll go through bsc in any sub. can I eligible to write a exam for post of collector ?
7th August 2020, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

What degree I needed to become a collector?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?