29th April 2015, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

How to become a Collector after 10th standard?

AFTER PASSING 10th CLASS WHAT TYPE OF PREPARATIONS ARE NEEDED TO BECOME COLLECTOR? RIGHT NOW I AM IN 8th STANDARD THEN WHAT TYPE OF BOOKS SHOULD I PREFER? WHICH SUBJECT SHOULD I TAKE AFTER 10th CLASS IF I AM GOOD IN SCIENCE? WHICH DEGREE SHOULD I TAKE FOR BECOMING COLLECTOR? HOW MUCH HOLIDAYS ARE THERE FOR A COLLECTOR? HOW MUCH IS THE SALARY FOR A COLLECTOR? AFTER GRADUATION HOW MUCH TIME DOES IT TAKE TO BECOME A COLLECTOR? FOR BEING COLLECTOR WHAT AGE IS NEEDED?

30th April 2015, 01:29 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a Collector after 10th standard?

Do not worry, here is answer to each and every question.

As you are right now in standard eight, so you should focus on your subjects of class, special emphasis on NCERT social studies books of Geography, Civics, Economics right from Class sixth.

Labour hard to get good marks in 10th board exam. After that take science stream as you have mentioned that you are good in science subjects. Then pursue you bachelor's degree as minimum criteria to appear for Civil Services examination after clearing which you will become collector is bachelor's degree from a recognized university.

You can choose any stream in bachelor's degree as per your interest as there is no such specification by UPSC.

The age limit for Civil Services exam is 21-30 years for general category candidates and three years to OBC candidates and five years to SC/ST respectively.

There are four attempts for the general students, seven for OBC and no limit for SC/ST candidates.

Different levels of exam:

First stage is Preliminary exam which you must clear to be eligible for Mains exam. Last stage is Personal Interview.

Ranking is prepared on basis of performance in Mains and Personal interview exam.

It totally depends upon you how much time you take to clear the exam. Some candidates clear it in first attempt just after preparation. So you hard work, determination and a bit luck will decide after bachelor's degree needed to crack it.

Salary:

During training period and probation:

>>Basic pay: Rs 23,640

>>DA (107%): Rs 25,295

>>TRA (30%): Rs 7092

>>T.A : Rs 5280

Total of Rs 61, 307. New recruit is posted for two years probation period. After that he/she is posted as SDM.

There will be 30 days earned leave for IAS officers in each calendar year.
30th April 2015, 11:18 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Your initiative from the class 8th towards really pleased me . To become a Collector ( IAS ) first you have to complete your graduation then you have to qualify in the CSAT examination conducted by the UPSC . It is one of the toughest examination and only few thousands lucky candidates become eligible to qualify in it .

The examination is conducted in three stages :-
Preliminary.
Mains .
Interview.

So from now you can only give attention to the English and Social Science to do better . This will benefit you alot .

As you have interest in science you can go with science in +2 and can also do your graduation from any stream .
The age of the candidates must be 21-30 years for general category students and relaxation of +3 for OBC and +5 for SC/ST candidates .

There are also limitations on number of attempts . So it is upto you in how much time you requires for it . I think atleast one year of preparation is needed for it .
30th April 2015, 11:48 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: How to become a Collector after 10th standard?

For becoming collector you need to write Civil service examination which is conducted by UPSC every year. It needs graduation as a qualification degree and your age must be in between 21 to 30 years of age.

AFTER PASSING 10th CLASS WHAT TYPE OF PREPARATIONS ARE NEEDED TO BECOME COLLECTOR?
  1. You need to first clear your 10th with full concentration, you can take any stream after 10th i.e. Arts, Science and Commerce according to your interest. As for becoming collector you need any graduation degree in any discipline. And for graduation you need 12th class as a qualification. Preparation, I would suggestion you to concentrate on your board exams, keep your knowledge in every area like economy, GK, world, persons etc through news and other GK books.

RIGHT NOW I AM IN 8th STANDARD THEN WHAT TYPE OF BOOKS SHOULD I PREFER?
  • As I have already mentioned you need graduation to write Collector exam which is through UPSC. But yes you can keep yourself updated through various books like Manorama for GK and world news. R S Agarwal for increasing your aptitude skills but it’s too early to touch this book. I would suggest you to concentrate on your subjects rather than going for any other book, but GK books are ever green you can read them and update them at your own ease.

WHICH SUBJECT SHOULD I TAKE AFTER 10th CLASS IF I AM GOOD IN SCIENCE? WHICH DEGREE SHOULD I TAKE FOR BECOMING COLLECTOR?
  • If you are good in science, then go for it because wherever interest lies, mind goes there. So opt for Science, there is no restriction if you choose a different subject or stream then you won't be eligible for collector or IAS exam.

HOW MUCH HOLIDAYS ARE THERE FOR A COLLECTOR?
  • It’s based on Government holiday calendar.
HOW MUCH IS THE SALARY FOR A COLLECTOR?
  • As a collector after serving 5 years of service as IAS, pay range is 15600 to 39100 as basic and a grade pay of Rs 6,600.
AFTER GRADUATION HOW MUCH TIME DOES IT TAKE TO BECOME A COLLECTOR?
  • Once you pass the prelims, mains and interview, you will be on board as Indian Administrative Officer i.e. Collector.
FOR BEING COLLECTOR WHAT AGE IS NEEDED?
  • To be eligible to take the Civil service examination you are must be in between 21 to 30 years of age.
30th April 2015, 11:53 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Dear definitely you will become a Collector if you follow the below step by step procedure in your career. First thing you must concentrate on your Academics.

Tips to become a Collector and Step by step procedure :

1.You should complete 10th from the recognized board. And then 12th in any stream and Graduation in any Maths stream for Good skills of Calculation and all.

2.After graduation there will be " Civil's Examination " simply called as " CSAT " Examination. Under Civil's you will have following selection procedure .

Civil's Examination Selection Procedure :

* Prelims

* Main's

* Interview

Prelim's examination is of qualifying nature so you need to more concentrate on Mains and Interview to get a good score in Civil's Examination.

According to your score you will be alloted in different departments like IAS, IPS and Indian Foreign Services, and Many other Group A and Group B posts.

But if you are interested in IAS ( Collector ) you need to score good percentage of marks in entire selection process.

Thus you can become a " Collector " . And now your age and educational qualification is very low. So you try to concentrate on Academics and in the mean while you can try to analyze the topics which are happening in your surroundings.

In this way you can improve the Analyzing skills and it is more important skill for IAS officer.You can prepare your syllabus for Civil's from NCERT books of 6th 10th standard.

Pay scale for Collector in India : Around Rs. 40,000/-.
30th April 2015, 12:40 PM
abhi1999
Senior Member+

No,after completing 10th candidate are not apply for collector post.

If any candidate want to become a collector must qualify UPSC entrance exam.UPSC conduct collector post exam.There are many civil exams conducted by UPSC every year.

Candidate who want to apply must have a graduation degree from a recognized university.And candidate must be a citizen of India.

To become a Collector candidate age should be between 21 years to 30 years.Age Relaxation for OBC candidate is 3 years and for SC/ST 5 years.

The Candidates are selected on the basis of Prelims exam,mains exam and Interview.After qualify Interview you will get Collector post job.

There are number of attempts for collector post as per the goverment rule.
30th April 2015, 01:33 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

UPSC conducts civil services exam in order to recruit personnel for the post of IAS,i.e., District Collector.You can opt for any discipline in which you have most interest for 12th class and graduation degree because,there is no restrictions on the selection of subjects for Civil Services Exam.However, you should pay attention on Social Sciences, English,General awareness,etc.to do better in the exam.

You should have to complete graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university to become eligible for the exam.

The candidate should have citizenship of India.

The age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 30 years for general category.There is relaxation in upper age limit by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

The no. of attempts for the exam is 4 times for general category under the creamy layer,7 times for OBC candidates and no limits for SC/ST candidates.

The salary for a Collector is

Basic Pay: Rs 23,640

D.A. (@65%): Rs 15,366

H.R.A.(@30%): Rs 7,092

T.A.: 5,280

Total: Rs 51,378

The basic salary increases at the rate of 3% per annum. There is increment in D.A. of average 10% to 14%. The IAS may hope to get double salary after each 7 to 9 years.

The no. of holidays for a collector is in the form of 30 days earned leave in each calendar year.

The exam process involves

*Preliminary Exam

*Main exam

*Personality Interview.
17th May 2016, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

Which subjects should I prepare for preliminary,mains,interview
26th May 2016, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

Best courses in science stream which pays high salary or IIT coures
5th November 2016, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

In commerce which subject I focuse to become collector and which is the best academy to study for collector
6th November 2016, 11:09 AM
manjunath r n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
AFTER PASSING 10th CLASS WHAT TYPE OF PREPARATIONS ARE NEEDED TO BECOME COLLECTOR? RIGHT NOW I AM IN 8th STANDARD THEN WHAT TYPE OF BOOKS SHOULD I PREFER? WHICH SUBJECT SHOULD I TAKE AFTER 10th CLASS IF I AM GOOD IN SCIENCE? WHICH DEGREE SHOULD I TAKE FOR BECOMING COLLECTOR? HOW MUCH HOLIDAYS ARE THERE FOR A COLLECTOR? HOW MUCH IS THE SALARY FOR A COLLECTOR? AFTER GRADUATION HOW MUCH TIME DOES IT TAKE TO BECOME A COLLECTOR? FOR BEING COLLECTOR WHAT AGE IS NEEDED?
Dear Aspirant,

For becoming a collector, the minimum educational qualification is Graduation.
So you still have 5 more years to prepare well and crack the UPSC exam (For recruiting collector). You can start from today itself.

you can keep yourself updated with newspapers and magazines with day to day affairs within INDIA and between INDIA and the World. Along with this practice yourself for General ability and aptitude test by solving various types of exam question papers. This will help you for preparing for General Studies Section in the UPSC exam.

Well regarding to which subject to take:
In Engineering: Electical, Mechanical, Civil.
Core science, Management and Commerce are the next options which makes you easy to select the main subject papers in the UPSC exam.

Collector is a very reputed post with good social status and lots of responsibility. Holidays will be as regular Govt. employee.

The current pay scale for for newly joined Collector is in the scale of 56100 - 177500 Rs.
the maximum age for collector is 32 for general and 35 for OBC.

All the Best
17th March 2017, 08:21 PM
Unregistered

Can you please tell me that can we become a collector after tenth and how
2nd April 2017, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

Sir I have passed 10th class and I want to become a collector so what preparation i should do in summer vacation to become a collector
26th June 2017, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

I am in 9th grade CBSE. In which field should I can enter in 11th? For becoming A COLLECTOR what is needed ? Which books should be preferred to achieve my aim? Which degree is needed to become A COLLECTOR?
11th July 2017, 07:46 AM
Unregistered

To become a collector without the knowledge of news and G.k,is it possible or not?
12th August 2018, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

It is easy or hard to become a collector? Which books we have to study after 10th std to become a collector?
8th December 2018, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 10th with 83 percent marks and I have taken arts stream . I want to become a collector, please tell me what should I do now. What preparation I should do
30th March 2019, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

My daughter is in 8th standard and she is good in study & obtaining god marks without any tuition so my dream is that she can become a collector so please suggest me the procedure for preparation of exam
Thanks
4th September 2019, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

In order to become a collector i choose english literature , because i am good in english
19th December 2019, 11:39 PM
Unregistered

Sir ,what are the syllabus for preliminary,main exams
28th March 2020, 10:00 AM
Unregistered

what if the students get less marks in 10 th board exam like 51% or 55% ????
7th April 2020, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

Sir/ madam what we do after 12th standard means which subject we want choose?
24th April 2020, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

After 2nd PUC what training OR which classes we should attained
5th May 2020, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

I want to become Chief Justice of India and now I%u2019m in 10 th standard and of general category what books , streame should I close and which tests I need to clear?
19th May 2020, 11:28 PM
Unregistered

Please submitted with diagram
22nd June 2020, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

which course should we take after 12th std for becoming collector? Pls prefer
27th June 2020, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

Which degree is best for qualifying exam conducted by UPSC?
8th July 2020, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

Now iam doing mpc can i become collector and iam sc
18th July 2020, 05:34 PM
Unregistered

Respected mam or sir i have been in 10th std which side i should go for becoming collector and which on which subject should I concentrate on?
21st August 2020, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

Which types of questions of gk we can study
19th September 2020, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

I am in 10th and which side should I take after 0th If I like Atrs
22nd September 2020, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

I am in 10th class after clearing 10th which side should I choose for becoming a collector ?
17th October 2020, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

What course I want to take in inter to become collector
25th November 2020, 11:06 AM
Unregistered

I want to become a collector what education I want to take . My favorite subject is English.
26th November 2020, 09:29 AM
Unregistered

Sir I am in 6 std I want to become collector what books I should read . What education I want to take .
26th November 2020, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

At which age exactly we will become collector (IAS)
23rd January 2021, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

Post Re: How to become a Collector after 10th standard?

Mam or sir I am in 6th what section I should take in 11th or 12th
23rd January 2021, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

I am in 6th which section I should take
28th January 2021, 08:27 AM
Unregistered

Which course we have to take after 12th
26th June 2021, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

How much salary did collector get
19th July 2021, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

We have to take science after 10th
3rd March 2022, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

How many exam of collector after 10 standard
I am prepared to collector exam
22nd March 2022, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

I am in 8th standard i want to become a collector. which tipe of book %uD83D%uDCDA should i read leaving the ncert books.
And which tipe of class should i see to understand. which tipe of questions will it come fore the exam.
In which subject should graduate in 11th and 12th. Which subject should I read in class 11 th and 12th which subject should I take.
To become a collector
Please help me in this sir or mam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?