18th December 2011, 07:25 PM
bindu khurana

What are the career options for commerce students after 12th besides CA?

what are the career options for commerce students after 12th besides ca and i also want to ask about the time for registering for ca as my son is right now appearing for 11th exam in february.

19th December 2011, 07:40 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the career options for commerce students after 12th besides CA?

CA course stands for Chartered Accountancy. This course is good demand these days and the number of candidates who are opting for this course is also going on increasing.

Here are the following phases through which a candidate can successfully crack the course.
-CPT Exam (Common Proficiency Test)
-IPCC
-CA Final.

The candidate will also be involed in auditing process with a company for a period of 2-3 years as a part of course completion.

One should have strong determination towards studies and good subject knowledge along with written skills in order to complete CA course.

So, this is a more risky course from the view of candidates.

For commerce candidates, other than CA, there are number of avenues to make entry.

They can opt for Graduation with any of the following streams
-B.Com
-B.Com (Computers)
-BBA
-BBM

They can opt for 5 year law course also from various Law colleges by appearing for the respective entrance exam.

Soon after completion above mentioned bachelors degree other than LLB, you can opt for MBA course which is more demand for these days and having plenty of job opportunities in variety of business sectors.

If you are interested in technical studies, you can also opt for BCA course.

You may also opt for othe courses like
-Hotel Management
-Interior Designing
-Fashion Technology etc.

Choose the course which you are interested and where your strengths are being fully utilized
19th December 2011, 11:24 AM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Default Re: What are the career options for commerce students after 12th besides CA?

For a commerce student, the best option and evergreen option is to do CA.

You can do b.com, BBA as the UG course which would be easy to clear with CA.

You can even do any UG course like BCA, B.SC etc.

To complete CA course you must clear 3 exams

1. CPT (Common Proficiency Test)
2. Intermediate
3. CA Final

It would take 2-3yrs to complete based on the candidate's knowledge. So its better for your son to join CA in 1st year of the college.
19th December 2011, 03:45 PM
Pratik Agrawal Jalna

Smile Re: What are the career options for commerce students after 12th besides CA?

U have many other carrer options except becoming C.A. such as

doind accounts of various agencies , this can be done by becoming perfect in doing accounts on tally

I have seen many people who do not apply for C.A. but still easn a lot by doing accounts

other than this u can apply on carrer options such as
1)B.com
2)LLB

But my openion would b u should continue to increase ur hardwork and should do C.A. if u can

Pratik Agrawal
19th December 2011, 11:06 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
After completion of 12th in commerce field you can go for courses like-

1.CA(Chartered Accountant)

2.CS(Company Secretary)

3.ICWA

4.B.Com

5.BBA

6.Hotel management

etc..

You can go for any of them.
All the best.
2nd February 2012, 07:31 PM
Unregistered

what shoud i do for higher education after 12 class with commerce
11th February 2012, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

what is ICWA?n isthere any entrance test for this course pl let me know the details
11th February 2012, 06:27 PM
unagi

Yes, its totally correct option as what you will study in MATHS will all come to use for your future studies, as i took taken maths only but remember if you are good enough in math then only take it as its bit tough. Also if you looking further to invest in share market and all then i will suggest you to take SP inspite of maths.
11th February 2012, 06:43 PM
ross4412
Member+

Other than CA, there are number of opportunities.
Candidates can opt for Graduation with any of the following streams
-B.Com
-B.Com (Computers)
-BBA
-BBM
They can opt for 5 year law course from various Law colleges by appearing for the respective entrance exam.
Other than LLB, after the completion of above mentioned Degree, U can opt for MBA course, which has got more demand for these days and having plenty of job opportunities in variety of business sectors.
If U are interested in technical studies, you can also opt for BCA course.
Other courses like
-Hotel Management
-Interior Designing
-Fashion Technology etc. It is always better to choose the course which are interested to U and where your strengths are being fully utilized
18th March 2012, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

there is any variety courses available for commerce student s afther plus2?
30th March 2012, 10:18 PM
Unregistered

as a commerce student after 12 what r the career options in spirtualism?
1st April 2012, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

WHATS ARE THE CAREER AFTER 12TH AND GUIDE ME WHICH COURSES ARE BEST FOR FUTURE?
4th April 2012, 08:39 AM
Unregistered

What is ICWA and is it good me after 12th and what is the procedure to take admision in it and
22nd April 2012, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

what is the best line for commerce student after class 12th please help me
22nd April 2012, 10:05 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

After completion of 12th you have several option in front of you.

Bachelor of commerce( B.com)
Bachelor of commerce(honours) B.com(hon)

MOST POPULAR AND CAREER ORIENTED COURSES
Bachelor of computer application( BCA)
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS )
Bachelor of Travel and Tourism( BTM)
Bachelor of Financial Analysist
Bachelor of Business Economics
Bachelor of Architect

Most of Reputed Institution/universities offering these course take Entrance Examination for admitting candidates into their courses.

Minimum Eligibility for applying in the Entrance Examination

50% to 60% marks in 10+2 or equivalent qualification.

Entrance Exams consist Question on English, General Awareness,Quantitative Aptitude and on Reasoning.

Selection Process include

1.Entrance exam
2.12th class marks
3.Group Discussion
and
4.Interview.

OTHER OPTION FOR YOU

Bachelor of mass communication
Bachelor of journalism
Advertising
Film studies
Drama theatre

FOREIGN LANGUAGES
HOTEL MANAGEMENT
FASHION DESIGNING

CHARTERED ACCOUNTANCY
ICWAI,
COMPANY SECRETARY

for futher information visit
CA
www.icai.org
ICWAI
www.myicwai.com
CS
www.icsi.edu
23rd April 2012, 12:49 AM
sharmayogesh3047

Thumbs up Re: What are the career options for commerce students after 12th besides CA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindu khurana View Post
what are the career options for commerce students after 12th besides ca and i also want to ask about the time for registering for ca as my son is right now appearing for 11th exam in february.
DEAR CANDIDATE,

There are many branches where your son can apply for further study and do bachelors degree for commerce student the available options are BCA, BBA,BCOM, bachelors degree in arts,public relation , social science, architecture.most of the universities and collages give admission on the bases of 12th %marks and after that general interview. some take entrance test for giving admission.

GOOD LUCK,
23rd April 2012, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

can you please tell more about scope in interior designing and fashion designing for a commerce student??
17th May 2012, 12:16 AM
climber
Senior Member+

dear friend,

Best career option after 12th commerce with mathematics.
You can take a admission in CA if you r interest in Maths and numeric base and another one is ICWA best scope in this field.
So just take a admission in this field in these field you create a good futuer and good salary packages.

All the best.................
19th May 2012, 12:44 AM
Unregistered

Is archtect a good choice after syjc
16th July 2012, 11:28 AM
Unregistered

Is it better to go for government exam beside CA and bachelor courses...?
6th May 2013, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

What are career option after 12comm with 55%
19th May 2013, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

other than ca by doing other accounting services can we earn more?
11th June 2013, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

Duration and fees of C.A
29th May 2014, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

which career line is most suitable for a class 12th commerce with computer student?
8th September 2015, 11:52 PM
Unregistered

myself zak!!!
i m studying commerce in uae, after 12th i want to go to pakistan for further studying...and my opinion is to do CA after 12th...so,how much percentage i have to get for doing CA (in pak),another thing is that if i go to pAKISTAN they will minuse some percantage like 10% or 15%...so any one can tell me how much percentage i have to get????plzzz anyone??
1st May 2018, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

I'm 12th student waiting for result. Can I do interior design beside ca? What is steps and course details of interior designing..? Is interior designing and architecture are same?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?