17th February 2010, 11:21 PM
apudutta1

what is the difference between IES & Engineering Examination in UPSC?

what is the difference between IES & ENGG Examination in UPSC?? ....I am a fianal year student of Applied Electronics Instrumentation...am i eligible for this examination?????

19th February 2010, 02:38 PM
rrmohantysmile
Senior Member+

Default Re: what is the difference between IES & Engineering Examination in UPSC?

both the exams are same and
yes, you are absolutely eligible for the examination and you have to complete your graduation first for being eligible for this exam, for more details youo can log on to www.upsc.gov.in..
good luck... bbye
19th February 2010, 03:50 PM
Esha Sharma
Senior Member+

Default Re: what is the difference between IES & Engineering Examination in UPSC?

Hey Friend
visit upsc.gov.in for selecting any upsc exams which suits you the most.
20th February 2010, 03:38 AM
princearyan
Senior Member+

yes you are eligible for this exam...
I E S -INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICES conducted by upsc....
both are same

if you Qualify then you join indian railway and indian navy..
good luck.
20th February 2010, 11:55 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

my friends you are eligible for this exams, and there are no difference in both the exams , both these are same.
20th February 2010, 02:16 PM
amit04051988
Senior Member+

hi
both exam are same
IES is exam which is counduted by upsc
& yes you are 100% eligible
so prepare well
best of luck!
21st February 2010, 11:45 AM
atanu
Senior Member++

dear friend........
the I E S exam and engineering examination in upsc.........
both are the same exam...............
yes friend that you are eligible for this exam.........
as we know its the very toughest exam.........in india...
so prepared for this exam in well manner ......
so
best of luck
27th February 2010, 11:09 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

both these exams are same and there is no difference in this exams, ies is conducted by upsc, so both exams are same and you are eligible for it, prepare for this exams. good luck.
3rd March 2010, 09:58 PM
nitishinmit
Senior Member+

hi friend
both are the same exam conducted by upsc,just it differ by the name,
and you are eligible for the exam as appearing student can give the exam.for information regarding the exams you can visit the following link www.upsc.gov.in.
best of luck.
15th March 2010, 03:19 AM
asish
Senior Member+

both are same exam ...
indian engineering services is conducted by upsc..
you are eligible for this exam..
good luck
27th March 2010, 11:55 AM
pritirai

hi
they both are same don't worry.
just prepare for it. my wishes are with you

all the best
27th May 2010, 03:25 AM
Unregistered

dont be confused who says that there is no any difference between them....
since both Exams are conducted on diffferent dates, so u can check it if not sure......
For more information log on to Our Website WWW.upsc.gov.in
29th May 2010, 05:14 AM
drdo99
Banned

You don’t need to worry for any sort.
It is same like so.
31st May 2010, 10:32 AM
sadhan
Senior Member+

dear friend,
both the exams are of high grade exam in which you can apply after completing your B.Tech/BE
and for more details visit
www.upsc.gov.in
31st May 2010, 12:49 PM
sadhan
Senior Member+

dear friend,
both the exam are conducted under UPSC
and you can apply for these after B.TECH is completed.
for more details visit the website
www.upsc.gov.in
1st June 2010, 12:45 AM
nalanda
Senior Member++

absolutely eligible for the examination and you have to complete your graduation first for being eligible for this exam, for more details youo can log on to www.upsc.gov.in..both the exams are of high grade exam in which you can apply after completing your B.Tech/BE
15th July 2010, 02:52 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

hello Friend
Both are not the the same thing the difference is that the IES exam is conducted by the UPSC that means the UPSC is an organization which conduct such exams.

I hope that it is clear now...
9th August 2010, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

i am having 53% in b.tech, i am eligible for writing IES exam...........so,please clarify my query and send the details to me sir...............
1st November 2010, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

hi , i m sunny , i did Btech in IT so can i apply for IES OR ESS exam
5th February 2011, 10:14 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: what is the difference between IES & Engineering Examination in UPSC?

Hi

Indian engineering service examination or your can engineering service examination are both the same exam. This exam is conducted every by the Union Public Service commission (UPSC). As per the eligibility criteria if a student has appeared in the final year are also eligible for this examination.

The basic eligibility criteria for this exam is given below:

EDUCATION QUALIFICATION:

1. Candidates having degree in Engineering from a recognized University are eligible to apply for this exam.

2.Candidates having M.Sc Degree in
Wireless Communications,
Electronics,
Radio Physics or Radio Engineering
are eligible for certain Services/posts only.

AGE LIMIT:

The minimum age limit for this exam is 21 years and maximum age limit for this exam is 30 years.

*Students appearing in the final year of engineering are eligible for this exam.

GOOD LUCK
19th February 2011, 09:55 AM
Unregistered

i completed BE electronics and communication. I want to get through upsc exam. What is the procedure? In Indian government which are all the departments ?Pl let me know exact my stand.thank you
11th March 2011, 03:55 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by apudutta1 View Post
what is the difference between IES & ENGG Examination in UPSC?? ....I am a fianal year student of Applied Electronics Instrumentation...am i eligible for this examination?????

There are no difference between IES and Engineering examination conducted by UPSC in every year. According to eligibility criteria Only civil, electrical, electronics and mechanical branch are eligible for this exam.
If your branch is Electronics and Instrumentation then you are eligible for IES exam because electronics and instrumentation branch is comes in the electronics branch so you are eligible.
For more information please see the official website of UPSC.
14th March 2011, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

All mentioned that IES and engineering services exams are same. but please make me clear why UPSC states this exam name in two types.What is the reason behind this. why it is naming the exam in two ways.
18th March 2011, 04:22 AM
Unregistered

salaries after 5 year of goining of an ies officer
29th March 2011, 12:28 AM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Engineering services & IES exam are different but both are conducted by UPSC.

Exam Dates for 2011:

Engineering services Exam:
•Date of notification: 08/01/2011
•Last Date for reciept of Application: 07/02/2011
•Exam Date: 14/05/2011

IES (Indian Economic Services) Exam:
•Date of notification: 30/07/2011
•Last Date for receipt of Application: 29/08/2011
•Exam Date: 03/12/2011

For more details,please refer to the website:
www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
Kapila
10th May 2011, 08:14 AM
Unregistered

Is Automobile engineer eligible for Engineering services examination?
7th July 2011, 11:06 AM
Unregistered

if there is no diffrence between ies and ENGINEERING SERVICES EXAMINATION then why both exam conduct at diffrent dates ............by upsc?plz clear this problem..!
2nd August 2011, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

I am student of ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING.For which engineering exams I am eligible?
2nd August 2011, 11:54 PM
Sehwag6

IES MEANS INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICE. For the ies, the exams are conducted by union public service commission(upsc) . So the both are same. The eligibility for this exam is: finished graduation in engineering and age limit is 21 to 30years. Number of attempts in ies is 4. You apply upsc exams and it is conducted by every year. Best of luck
3rd August 2011, 09:12 PM
btcs11

hi friend,
as you feel there is no difference between IES and engineering services exam conducted by UPSC. both are same friend.
IES stands for Indian Engineering Services.it is a exam conducted by UPSC for engineers of civil,mechanical,electronics and electrical streams.
if you belong to these streams only you can apply for IES exams.
10th August 2011, 01:33 PM
irfaanbasha

hi friend i think IES stands for Indian Economic service.Engineering service exam held on some day an IES/ISS exam held on some day..both r not same i think so.
10th August 2011, 01:40 PM
irfaanbasha

Thumbs up Re: what is the difference between IES & Engineering Examination in UPSC?

man u r right..u only give right answer
10th August 2011, 06:50 PM
dhruv007

both examination are same. you are eligible for this exam after completing your current course. you can also gat more information from www.upse.gov.in
13th August 2011, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

i think both r not same, engineering service exam held on some day, IES/ISS(indian economic service) held on ome day
26th August 2011, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

hello...First give me the Clear information of IES and Engineering service examination.And which exam is for Group A officer in Indian Railways..Please give me the details as soon as possible.

Thank You
29th August 2011, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

hi i m jitender final year students bachelor dgree my interrest in railway job plz tell me
1st November 2011, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

Which departments we get into it if we clear Engg Services Exam?
4th January 2012, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

i am B.Tech-IT final year student. Is i am eligible for IES exam?
12th January 2012, 06:08 PM
kaliprasanna

I am final year student B.tech,IT.can i eligible for IES exam?
if not please explain it.
Also told me How many govt.exam can i given?
and also attach the possible exam date.and sylebus.
12th January 2012, 06:09 PM
kaliprasanna

please answare me for my previous question as early as possible.
31st January 2012, 08:43 AM
Unregistered

Cool Re: what is the difference between IES & Engineering Examination in UPSC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliprasanna View Post
I am final year student B.tech,IT.can i eligible for IES exam?
if not please explain it.
Also told me How many govt.exam can i given?
and also attach the possible exam date.and sylebus.
yes you are eligible. According to the upsc rule any degree holder can apply, how ever you can only select one of the four (civil, mechanical, electrical and electronics & telecommunicatio) papers for the exam and almost need to study the entire B.E SYLLABUS. You can see this in the 'frequently asked questions' section in the engineering service section in www.upsc.gov.in.
8th February 2012, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

i am an engg student havin less than 60 aggregate.... evn if i clear dese xms(LOL) ...... will i b gettn a gud job???
11th February 2012, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

pls,name some best book for preparing ies exam so i can score gud grade as i want to do self preparision
13th February 2012, 08:34 PM
Pavan_647

Hello friends. Do not share false info.

Both are not at all same.
Engineering services is technical examinations conducted for Civil, Mech, EEE and eletronics categories.

Where as IES is Indian economic service.

Both are different and conducted at different dates. Unfortunately duration of both exams is three dates.

All the Best.
13th February 2012, 08:38 PM
pavanreddy_647

Hello friends. Do not share false info.

Both are not at all same.
Engineering services is technical examinations conducted for Civil, Mech, EEE and eletronics categories.

Where as IES is Indian economic service.

Both are different and conducted at different dates. Unfortunately duration of both exams is three dates.

All the Best.
13th February 2012, 09:21 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by apudutta1 View Post
HI,
Both are same exam..
I.E.S stand for Indian Engineering Service..

I.E.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year..

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for I.E.S exam.
All the candidate who pass the engineering in following branch are eligible for Exam:-

1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

GOOD LUCK!
25th February 2012, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

mahan log.. see the link below.. at 7th no. there is engineering services exam and at 19th no. IES exam... ab bolo gandu log k dono same h.. :P

http://upsc.gov.in/exams/exams.htm#PageTop
26th February 2012, 10:37 PM
ajay belagere

Hi, i got 12000 rank in ECE GATE 2011 and qualified, unfortunately i did not do well in GATE 2012,so planning to take admission for MTECH from GATE2011 rank only. Can i make one more attempt for GATE next year as i will be studying MTECH at that time
29th February 2012, 11:55 PM
ramandeep.2dec

there is no difference in both exams. IES is the engg. exam conducted by UPSC.
18th March 2012, 05:49 AM
Unregistered

Unfortunately I have provided wrong DOB in Engineering Service Examination 2012. Shall I have to face any problem in next attempt?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?