19th October 2011, 06:26 AM
qsccsq

What is the actual difference between Electrical & Electronics Engineering and Electrical Engineering? Am I eligible for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing Electrical & Electronics Engineering? How to prepare for this Exam?

my branch is "electrical & electronics" not "electrical engineering".what is the actual difference between these two branches?If i m eligible,how can i prepare for IES from second year itself?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the difference between Electrical & Electronics Engineering and Electrical Engineering? How can I prepare for IES being a candidate of Electrical & Electronics Engineering?
  2. Can I study B.Tech(Electrical & Electronics Engineering) being a Diploma Electrical Engineer?
  3. What is the scope of Electronics & Communication and Electrical engineering in private sector?
  4. Possibility to study Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering for a candidate who has completed ITI Electrical 20 years ago?
  5. What is the difference between Electrical engineering and electronics engineering? What subjects to be focussed more on?
  6. Am I eligible to study Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering through Distance Education being an Electrical ITI Holder?
  7. Can I study Diploma in Marine Engineering after completing B.E.(Electrical & Electronics Engineering)?
  8. Can I join electrical engineering stream for IES exam? I am pursuing EIE
  9. Which course is better between B.Tech in Electronics & Communications Engineering and Electrical Electronics? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Previous 4 year Question Papers of GATE Exam for Electrical & Electronics Engineering?
  11. Difference in the course material of electrical engineering and electrical and electronics engineering?
  12. Which branch of engineering is best for IES 2016 among Electrical and Electronics & Communication? -- [New]
  13. What can I do after Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering?
  14. Can I study M.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) after completing B.Tech(Electrical & Electronics Engineering)?
  15. List of streams available to study in B.Tech
  16. Is UPSC exam enough for getting a government job in Mechanical and Civil Engineering field?
  17. Can I apply for IES Exam in Electrical Engineering being a candidate of B.Tech in ECE?
  18. Which course is best B.Sc or Engineering?
20th October 2011, 12:54 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the actual difference between Electrical & Electronics Engineering and Electrical Engineering? Am I eligible for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing Electrical & Electronics Engineering? How to prepare for this Exam?

What is optics
28th October 2011, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the actual difference between Electrical & Electronics Engineering and Electrical Engineering? Am I eligible for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing Electrical & Electronics Engineering? How to prepare for this Exam?

basic difference between electronics engineering and electical engineering
29th November 2011, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

i am a 3 year ece student i will come in 4 year in july 2012 i want to that whether i am eligibile to give ies 2012
9th March 2012, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

What is the actual difference between Electrical & Electronics Engineering
18th June 2012, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

I am a BE second year electronics student of MU. Can i give exam in final year of my course and is there any separate exam for electronics students?
26th September 2012, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

difference between electronics and electrical
12th October 2012, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

as B.E. electronics am i eligible for ies?
2nd January 2013, 09:34 PM
santoshgupta.nits

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsccsq View Post
my branch is "electrical & electronics" not "electrical engineering".what is the actual difference between these two branches?If i m eligible,how can i prepare for IES from second year itself?
EE and EEE are the 2 branches that are generally found to have almost the same curriculum.
However the major differences can be categorized under following:
1} In EE you would have to study all the core subjects common with EEE and at the same time "Transmission Systems"

2} In EEE you would be required to study the core subject but rather than "transmission systems" you would have courses on "integrated circuits" and "VLSI design"

3}However the points I have mentioned are only ideal and in real world the main difference lies with the University you are attached with. For example the EEE curriculum of many IITs and the EE curicullum of some NITs is almost the same with only a couple of subjects are different when the entire curriculum is summed up.

FOR IES::
Yes you are eligible.

You can either opt for a paper in Electrical Engineering or Electronics & Communication Engineering.

If opting for ECE you need to study right from the basics of electronics, that is --semiconductor devices, linear electronics, digital electronics, advanced electronics and some parts of IC and VLSI

if opting for EE you need to study Electrical Machines, Power Systems,Controls & Instrumentation,Power Electronics , Power Systems Operation & Control.
3rd October 2013, 01:10 AM
Unregistered

I am a B.Tech student in Building & Construction Technology.Can I give IES exam through Civil branch...???
17th December 2013, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

do metallurgy student are applicable for IES examination?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?