10th January 2012, 06:24 PM
baru1144

Am I suitable for MBA program having scored below 60% in B.Tech?

sir my btech percentage below 60%.i am sutable for mba program

17th January 2012, 08:25 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I suitable for MBA program having scored below 60% in B.Tech?

Yes definitely,you can go through exams like CAT, MAT but you cannot go through exams like XLRI XAT.For going through the CAT Examination you should have a minimum of 50% or equivalent CGPA.Do not worry since most of the top B.Schools select the candidates either through CAT or MAT.If your qualified for the written examination and if scored well then you will be called for an interview by the respective college officials. The interview comprises of GD and various other rounds which test the candidates skill.

It would be better that you first go through the Syllabus part of both the examinations and get prepared before taking the examination because the level of competition for these type of examination is very high.MBA is a purely management course where the candidate can choose courses like Human Resource, Marketing, Finance, Entrepreneurship,.etc.Choose the course which suits you.Below given are the official websites of both CAT and MAT.
CAT-Click here
MAT-click here
17th January 2012, 09:08 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Wink Re: Am I suitable for MBA program having scored below 60% in B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by baru1144 View Post
definately you can go for MBA with this percentage through CAT or MAT. Minimum 50% marks required for those examsso you are eligible,but also you bannot sit for XAT exam which require 60% aggregate in graduation.
17th January 2012, 09:08 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are suitable for MBA as you are a B.Tech holder with 60% marks.

MBA-MASTER IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION is a career who is interested in Marketing and Business. The MBA is a post graduate studies which can be pursed after graduation from any discipline by appearing through entrance exam like CAT/MAT/XAT/GMAT etc. On the basis of scoring good marks in CAT or MAT you will be admitted to top business school such as IIMs.

The CAT or MAT exam is very tough so at least one year preparation is required before sitting in examination. So go strictly through syllabus and follow the books available in market for CAT or MAT with solution of previous year's papers accordingly success is must. For detailed information you may log on to www.catiim.in and www.aima-ind.org/mat
17th January 2012, 09:34 AM
prashant more

Yes definitely,you can go through exams like CAT, MAT but you cannot go through exams like XLRI XAT.For going through the CAT Examination you should have a minimum of 50% or equivalent CGPA.Do not worry since most of the top B.Schools select the candidates either through CAT or MAT.If your qualified for the written examination and if scored well then you will be called for an interview by the respective college officials. The interview comprises of GD and various other rounds which test the candidates skill.

It would be better that you first go through the Syllabus part of both the examinations and get prepared before taking the examination because the level of competition for these type of examination is very high.MBA is a purely management course where the candidate can choose courses like Human Resource, Marketing, Finance, Entrepreneurship,.etc.Choose the course which suits you.Below given are the official websites of both CAT and MAT.
CAT-Click here
MAT-click here
17th January 2012, 09:41 AM
brbalakrishnan
Member+

Dear friend,
Yes definitely,you can apply for exams like CAT, MAT and TANCET.

For going through the CAT Examination you should have a minimum of 50% or equivalent CGPA. Most of the top B.Schools select the candidates either through CAT or MAT.If your qualified for the written examination and if scored well then you will be called for an interview by the respective college officials. The interview comprises of GD and various other rounds which test the candidates skill.

TANCET is for joining MBA in Anna university.

notification about tancet exams will come from the march of every year and exam will be conducted on may.

good luck
17th January 2012, 10:47 AM
Nitindesai

If you prefer to continue to studies, you can do Post graduate courses and then obtain a Ph.D. You have lots of options during this P.G course like M.S/ M.Tech, IAS/IPS, Navy/NDA and Finance related courses like MBA.

Aspirants who have graduated from any background can apply for the MBA program. There is no age limit for this course.

Graduates who have finished their studies with more than 55 percent marks can apply for the MBA course. Students will have to write an entrance exam such as MAT/CAT/XAT or ATMA to get admitted into this course.

Best Of Luck Friend...
17th January 2012, 01:21 PM
mittal swati
Member+

definately you can go for MBA by clearing the exam of CAT, MAT and getting the score of minium 50%.
17th January 2012, 01:31 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
To get admission in MBA course you have to qualify in entrance exams like- CAT/MAT/XAT/SNAP etc..

After qualifying in any of these exam you will get a chance to take admission in MBA course.

Eligibility for these entrance exams:-

1.Candidate has to complete the graduation in any trade.

2.Candidate must have secure 50% aggregate through out the career to appear in CAT exam..
For other exams no such percentage criteria is mentioned.

3.No age limit.

4.No number of attempts restriction...

So, as you have completed b.tech course then you can apply for MBA course.

All the best.
17th January 2012, 03:27 PM
kmaj

Hi,

to do MBA graduation marks is not that much of important........based on your ranking in PG-CET you will get MBA seat......So dont worry about previous marks and try to score good marks in MBA then only you will get good job through campus otherwise it is very difficult to get good job......

all the best
31st January 2012, 06:33 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Dear Friend,
Best specialization in MBA for you after Completing B.Tech in Mechanical Engg. will be in HR (Human resource management).
After MBA (HR) specialization you will be responsible to select the best & suitable Technical candidate for the company you are working for.
The post or designation you will get after doing MBA will be HR Manager in any Company, with higher package, luxury car, laptops & an apartment afforded by the company.

So Work hard get preparation for CAT, XAT, MAT, & etc entrance test for MBA conducted every year by the Universities.

Thank You
7th March 2012, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

sir i am pursuing my b.tech right now and i want to do MBA after my graduation, what is the best field in MBA after b.tech
8th March 2012, 08:24 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by baru1144 View Post

You have completed B-TECH degree with above 50% marks so you are applicable for all MBA entrance Exam.

MBA course is two types one is full time course another is part time course.Full time course duration is 2years and part time course duration is above 3 years.

If you have completed your graduation degree with above 50% marks then you are applicable for course but your degree must be recognized.The marks relaxation is provide for SC/ST category.

There is no age criteria so any body can apply here in any time.Final year student are also applicable for this course.

But you must score in CAT or MAT exam.The other MBA entrance exams are given below-

1.CMAT : Calibre Management Aptitude Test

2. EMAT : Electronic Management Aptitude Test

3.FSM Entrance : FORE School of Management

4.IBSAT : ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test

5.IGNOU OPENMAT : Indira Gandhi National Open University OPEN Management Admission Test

6.IPMG : Institute of Petroleum Management

7. IMDR : Institute of Management Development and Research

8.IMI PGDM : International Management Institute

9. GMAT : Graduate Management Admission Test

10.EMPI : Entrepreneurship & Management Process International Business

MBA SPECIALIZATION

The top most three specialization are 1) Finance 2)Marketing 3)HR

All of these specialization are highly priority.Salary is vary from college by college.

So you can choose above three specialization.

The other MBA specialization are-

MBA in Consulting , MBA in Communications ,MBA in Entrepreneurship ,MBA in International Business ,MBA in Operations ,MBA in Pharma ,MBA in Real Estate ,MBA in Systems ,MBA in Media Management ,MBA in Criminal Justice ,MBA in Engineering ,MBA in Banking ,MBA in Hospitality and Tourism

29th March 2012, 10:17 PM
70abhi
Junior Member+

HI
so you want to do MBA and you have 60% below in in b.tech right.

Their are many solutions ,some of the reputed universities or colleges they provide management seats .

you go through that or else you need score good marks in CAT .

For this exam you need to prepare to hard because getting qualified is only too hard ,so my friend you need work hard .

And dont worry about your percentage

This subjects plays major role in MBA and you can choose one of this .

Finance

Marketing

HR

i think you know about MBA ,you just need the information that your suitable for MBA program right and you definitely go with that .

ALL THE BEST
17th June 2012, 12:36 AM
Unregistered

hi i got below 60% in b.tech, will any company hire freshers with below 60%, or there is any way like references by people in a particular company, or through any consultancies?

please give me suggestions
14th July 2013, 12:17 AM
pinksony

Hello dear....

Yes your eligible to write mba entance exam like cat,mat....dont worry about your percentage....

To get seat in top business school you need to crack your cat exam....

To crack cat exam you need to be dedicated towards your work...self confidence plays an important role....practicse previous years question papers....even there many good coaching centers for cat....

There are different specilizations in mba:
1.mba in finance
2.mba in hr
3.mba in marketing ....
There are many more....but these are leading right now....

At present there is huge demand for mba....which makes future bright.....

All the best dear..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?