7th January 2011, 09:24 PM
nithinkumar

Syllabus of PGCET exam and model papers for Civil Engineering stream?

can anyone send me PGCET syllabus and model papers for civil engg stream to my id [email protected]

17th January 2011, 02:38 PM
rks_estate

Default Re: Syllabus of PGCET exam and model papers for Civil Engineering stream?

Dear,

Syllabus of PGCET exam for Civil Engineering stream are as follows: -

1. Elements of Civil Engineering & Strength of Materials: - Force and its types, Concept of equilibrium, Building stones, Bricks, Cement and its properties, Timber and its properties, Columns and Struts, Stress and Mohr’s circle, Types of Beams, Bending moments and Shear force, Bending stress and Shear stress, Cylinders, Torsion.

2. Building Engineering Science: - Safe bearing capacity, Foundation, Types of Foundation, Footings and types, Reinforced Cement concrete, Mortars, Woods, Types of roofs, Cement and its types, Bricks Lintels, Chajja and Masonry, Staircase, Trusses.

3. Surveying: - Chain surveying, Errors in surveying, Compass surveying, Omitted measurements, Plain table surveying, Leveling, Trigonometric surveying, Tachometric surveying, Contouring, Curves, Calculation of are and volume.

4. Fluid Mechanics: - Different types of fluids and units, pressure, byoyant force, Different types of flows, Bernoulli’s theorem, Discharge Measurements, Orifice, most economical section of the channel, Reynold’s and Fraud’s number, Similarities, Pressure measuring devices.

5. Structures: - Beams – Singly, doubly, flanged beams Slabs – One-way, two way and flab slabs Strairs Columns and column footings (isolated and combined footings) Raft foundation

Steel structures: Analysis and design of tension and compression members, beams and beam- column, column bases, connections – simple and eccentric, beams – column connections, plate girders and trusses, plastic analysis of beams and frames

6. Geo-technical Engineering: - Physical properties of soils, Water in soils, Stress in soils, Consolidation and settlement, Shear strength of soils, Shallow foundations, Site investigation, Stability of slopes, Earth pressure.

7. Water Supply and Sanitary Engineering: - Quantity of Water-water demand, Population forecast, Sources of Water, Quality of water, Types of pipes, Types of pumps, Water treatment units – sedimentation, aeration, flocculation, filtration, Screening, Pipe joints, Conveyance of Water, Quantity of Sewage, Characteristics of Sewage, pH, BOD, COD, DO and others, Sewers, Sewer Appurtenances, Biological treatment, Sewage treatment units-screening, Grit chamber, Skimming tanks, Detritus tank, Trickling filter, Contact beds, Septic tank, Imhoff tank, ASP, Sewage disposal units.

8. Transportation Engineering: - Highway Geometric Design: Highway cross-section elements, Sight distance, Design of Horizontal alignment, Design of Vertical alignment.

Traffic Engineering: Traffic characteristics, Traffic operation, Pavement materials, Design and evaluation, Rail Gage, Train Resistance, Power of Locomotive, Rails, Sleepers, Curvature of Track, Tunneling of soft soil, Transition curve, Harbour and Dock.

9. Hydrology: - Hydrologic cycle, rainfall, unit hydrograph, flood estimation, reservoir design, well hydraulics.

10. Irrigation: - Duty, Delta, Crop water requirements, design of lined and unlined canals, head work, gravity dams and orgee spillways, Irrigation method.

And For model papers for Civil Engineering stream visit www.pgcet.com

Good Luck
28th January 2011, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Syllabus of PGCET exam and model papers for Civil Engineering stream?

PGCET 2011 Mechanical syllabus
13th February 2011, 09:07 AM
Unregistered

what is footing?
13th February 2011, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

i want to know about pgcet civil engineering syllabus?
16th February 2011, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

pgcet previous papers for civil engg
25th February 2011, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

Where do i get the old papers of pgcet( MTech.) for civil engineering stream?
7th March 2011, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

wat is the syllabus for cs
11th March 2011, 05:37 PM
Unregistered

list the best colleges for mtech in civil in baglore
10th May 2011, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

Could you send the syllabus of PGECET for pharmacy 2011?
26th May 2011, 05:35 PM
Unregistered

Sir i want Pgecet(andhra pradesh) previous model papers for civil engineering.
i will be very thankful if u provide me any information regarding previous model papers.
1st July 2011, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

pls tell me were i can get the old or sample question papers for civil pgcet ! ! !
11th July 2011, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Syllabus of PGCET exam and model papers for Civil Engineering stream?

Should get dem from Stores.... lolz....
12th July 2011, 09:19 PM
guruprasad1vgp

Hi i need karnataka pgcet model papers, old question papers for civil engineering plz....
1st August 2011, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

hi i need previous years question papers..
23rd April 2012, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

can anyone send me PGCET syllabus and model papers for civil
engg stream to my id [email protected]
23rd April 2012, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

can anyone send me PGCET syllabus and model papers for civil
engg stream to my id [email protected]
26th April 2012, 08:12 PM
Unregistered

which is the top college for PGECET in civil engg ? fee prospects ?
29th May 2012, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

please send me civil engg. pgecet modelpapers
20th June 2012, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

please send me pgcet civil engg.previous question papers
10th July 2012, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

PLEASE SEND ME PGCET CIVIL ENGG.. PREVIOUS QUESTION PAPERS
10th July 2012, 02:53 PM
VEERESH REDDY

Thumbs up Re: Syllabus of PGCET exam and model papers for Civil Engineering stream?

Please send me pgcet previous question papers for civil engineering
31st January 2013, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

sir,could you please send me pgcet 2013 syllabus for civil engg stream
28th March 2013, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

sir,please send me pgset 2013 syllabus for civil engg stream [email protected]
2nd April 2013, 05:38 PM
Unregistered

sir, please send me pgcet previous question papers of civil engg stream
my mail id:[email protected]
I am waiting for your reply sir.
10th April 2013, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

Sir, could you please send me PGCET syllabus and also previous year question papers for Civil engg stream
to my mail ID [email protected]
10th April 2013, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

Sir, please send me PGCET syllabus and previous year question papers of Civil Engg stream
to my mail id: [email protected].
19th July 2013, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

sir, plz send me pgcet previous 5 year qp of civil engg to my mail id: [email protected] soon as possible
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?