3rd August 2012, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

Tricks to solve Maths questions?

short trics of solving maths question....please send to me the details about the tricks

5th November 2012, 10:24 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Tricks to solve Maths questions?

Dear aspirant,

Yes there are some tricks for quick calculations which are based on the Ancient Vedic mathematics.

But you should practice these tricks a lot then only you will benefit from these tricks.

So i am providing you the word document which contains some tricks related to vedic mathematics.

You can go through it and practice it so that you can master it.

Hope it will help you .

BEST OF LUCK...
Attached Files
File Type: doc Speedmathematics.doc(113.5 KB, 582 views)
25th January 2013, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

Yes,i want to know which practice book is best for preparing banks and railway exam.
25th January 2013, 03:09 PM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

Hi Friend ,

• Mathematics Always need Practice , Prentice & Practice .
  • So try to solve many sums as you can .
  • Practice the Calculation by your own .
  • Avoid using Calculator All the time .
  • Start with easy Calculations / Sums .
  • Consider Maths problem as Daily life problems like SELLING PRICE , COST PRICE , PROF LOSS , etc..
    • Focus & be Always confident .

THANK YOU ...!!
25th January 2013, 09:22 PM
sandeep kaka thakur

Smile Re: Tricks to solve Maths questions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
short trics of solving maths question....please send to me the details about the tricks
It seems like a simple suggestion, but a person may not fully understand the math problem he is trying to work on. It's important that you read the problem carefully and have a clear understanding of what the problem is asking for before you begin to try to solve it. All math problems require specific steps to solve correctly, so you must understand the problem and how to solve it before you can complete the steps to solve it.

Solving Word Problems
For many, word math problems seem to be the most complicated. The first step in solving them is to convert the problem into a numeric equation. Once this has been completed, you'll have a clearer understanding of the steps you need to take to solve the equation. Look for key words and be sure to attach units of measure. If you're missing a portion of the equation, use "x" or "y" to signify the missing part. In this example, we're using this word problem: Nick has 25 pieces of bubble gum and Jenny has 42. If Nick chews 2 pieces and Jenny gives away 5 of her pieces, how many pieces of bubble gum do Nick and Jenny have together? Here's how we break it down: 25 + 42 = (25 -- 2) + (42 -- 5) = X. First do the problems within the parenthesis. 25 -- 2 = 23 and 42 -- 5 = 37. We then take 23 + 37, which equals 60. Nick and Jenny now have 60 pieces of bubble gum together.

Sponsored Links

CBSE Class VI to X
3000+ solved questions & tests Study from Home. Register free
www.LearnNext.com
10 and 11 Rules
A fast way to multiply by 10 is to place a 0 behind the number. For example, if multiplying 9 x 10, you would place a 0 behind 9, making it 90. This works for all multiples of 10. There is a similar rule for 11. When multiplying a 2 digit number by 11, try this. As an example, we'll use 26 x 11. Separate the 2 and the 6 and add the two numbers together to equal 8. Now place the answer between the original 2 and 6, so that the answer reads 286. 26 x 11 = 286. This trick works for all 2 digit multiples of 11.

Multiplying by 5
The fastest way to multiply a number by 5 is to split the number in half and multiply by 10. For example, when multiplying 12 by 5, take 12 and divide it by 2, which equals 6. 6 x 10 = 60, thus you have your answer. 12 x 5 = 60.

Adding 9
When adding a one digit number with 9, subtract 1 from the opposite number and 1 in front of it. For example, if adding 9 plus 6, you would take 6 -- 1 = 5. Turn 5 into 15 and you have 9 + 6. To add 19 plus a two digit number that is less than 20, you can do something similar. Again, subtract 1 from the number you are trying to add to 19. In using the example of 19 + 12, we would take 12 -- 1 = 11. Mentally cross off the first digit (1) and replace with 3. Thus 19 +12 = 31. You can do this same trick going up by 10s. Adding numbers between 20 through 29, you would use 4 and so on.

Subtracting from 1,000
To subtract a large number from 1,000, subtract all, but the last number, from 9. For example, if subtracting 348 from 1000, break 348 down. 9 -- 3 = 6, 9 -- 4 = 5. For the final digit, subtract from 10. 10 -- 8 = 2. Now put the answers together (652). 1000 -- 348 = 652.

Dividing by 5
Anytime you want to divide a large number by 5, multiply the number by 2 and move the decimal one digit to the left. For example, if taking 363 / 5, you would take 363 x 2, which equals 726. Move the decimal one digit to the left, making the answer 72.6
25th January 2013, 10:38 PM
jasonali

Thumbs up Re: Tricks to solve Maths questions?

Hello,
Let's see how to square the 2-digit numbers that end in 5
Take the example of 45*45

in the first pair of numbers i.e 45 assume 4as A and 5 as B and in the second pair assume 4 as C and 5 as D
like this
A:4 B:5 *
C:4 D:5
E F G H [here EFGH is your 4-digit answer]
step 1: multiply B and D that is 5*5. you get 25. this is your last 2-digit in your 4-digit answer i.e GH=25
step 2:now to get the first part of your answer, take the tenth place digit in the first pair question number i.e A=4 and multiply it by the number one greater than it i.e multiply A=4 *5. and that's it 20. this is your first 2-digit in your 4-digit answer i.e EF=20

so now your answer is EFGH= 2025
this method is applicable to all the 2-digit numbers ending in 5
So try more examples and keep practicing.
See you soon with more tricks
25th January 2013, 10:45 PM
jasonali

Hello,

in the first pair of numbers i.e 45 assume 4as A and 5 as B and in the second pair assume 4 as C and 5 as D
like this
step 1: multiply B and D that is 5*5. you get 25. this is your last 2-digit in your 4-digit answer i.e GH=25
step 2:now to get the first part of your answer, take the tenth place digit in the first pair question number i.e A=4 and multiply it by the number one greater than it i.e multiply A=4 *5. and that's it 20. this is your first 2-digit in your 4-digit answer i.e EF=20

25th January 2013, 10:56 PM
jasonali

Hello,

like this

26th January 2013, 01:45 AM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In any Entrance Exams or Competitive Exam questions are asked from the Mathematics.Basically in Government Entrance Exams questions are to be solved i short Interval of time.This in order to solve with right approach you should follow these Instruction :-

16th June 2014, 11:09 AM
Unregistered

a music system is purchased for RS 8,000 AND SOLD AT RS 9,500. WHAT IS THE PROFIT PERCENTAGE?
14th August 2014, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

Sir i want maths short keys which help me to solve fastly all questions my problem is that i solve all questions bt i have no shortcuts if u have so please send me all tricks on my email id:[email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?