5th October 2012, 12:02 AM
Unregistered

How to choose optional subjects in IAS for a student in mechanical engineering

how to choose optional subjects in ias for a student of mechnical eng.
? I mean what should be the best optional subject to be opted for scoring good?

29th April 2013, 04:18 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to choose optional subjects in IAS for a student in mechanical engineering

You can select mechanical engineering as the optional subject. It will be better, as you have completed graduation in mechanical engineering. You can collect list of optional subjects from UPSC portal. Anyway, thorough preparation is necessary to clear the test. Self preparation or coaching under training centers can be employed for studies.
16th July 2013, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to choose optional subjects in IAS for a student in mechanical engineering

how many optional has to be chosen?
11th October 2013, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

HOW TO OPTIONAL SUBJET
4th April 2014, 12:17 PM
gupta randhir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how to choose optional subjects in ias for a student of mechnical eng.
? I mean what should be the best optional subject to be opted for scoring good?
what will be the main paper for ias exam for a mechanical engineering....can he take the math main paper for this purpose.......
5th April 2014, 08:08 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

It is good that you have completed your Graduation in Mechanical Engineering and want to join IAS to serve the country which is a good move from you.

I think you might have already heard about the selection rounds for IAS which will be
Civil Services Aptitude Test
Civil Service Main Exam
Interview

CSAT Exam is being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) once in a year to recruit the candidates into following civil services
IAS
IPS
IFS
IRS etc.

In CSAT Exam, the questions will be from the following sections
Aptitude
General English
Current Affairs

If you have good preparation,you can easily crack this exam in the first attempt.

But it is not so easy to get through Main Exam.

One should have to select an optional subject for Main Exam.

As you are from Mechanical Engineering, I suggest you to opt for this subject only as the optional subject.

The reason why I am suggesting this is you have already 4 years of subject knowledge is there in the field of Mechanical Engineering.

If you put your extra efforts, then you can easily complete the syllabus and can perform well in the Exam.

Wish you all the best.

For updated information on this Exam, you can visit
http://upsc.gov.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?