6th November 2012, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

How can I join Merchant Navy after completing 12th Arts

Sir i have completed my 12th in Arts stream aquired 49% so sir can i join the merchant navy and serve it with respect.sir please allow me to go n serve it sir i will be vry greatfull to u sir please grant me .

13th November 2012, 01:12 AM
ibadsyed

Default Re: How can I join Merchant Navy after completing 12th Arts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir i have completed my 12th in Arts stream aquired 49% so sir can i join the merchant navy and serve it with respect.sir please allow me to go n serve it sir i will be vry greatfull to u sir please grant me .
Hello friend, hope you are doing well. Its really nice to hear from you that you want to join a merchant navy and want to do something extraordinary. Well answer to your question is obviously yes. You can join merchant Navy after your 12th Arts. There are different kinds of positions available in navy for the people from all the fields.
For joining Navy, generally you have to give an entrance exam which is generally held in the month of May each year. If you get selected in the exam, you will be called for further selection process which includes physical test, Psychometric test, Group discussion and personal interview.
If you clear all these rounds, you will be finally made an offer to join Navy.

Notifications regarding entrance exam comes in all the leading newspapers in the month of march every year. Do keep track on the notifications. You can also refer http://www.employmentnews.gov.in
All The Best!!
13th November 2012, 05:30 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

To apply for the merchant navy it is necessary that you have complete your 10+2 with Physics , Chemistry and math subjects and passed from any recognized university with first class atleast 65% marks...
If you have scored very good marks in your 10+2 class than you can apply for the Merchant Navy after taking the NDA exam conducted by UPSC in twice in a year...
For the exam Your age should be above from 17.5 years and below from 21 years...
You should be a citizen of India.
You should be physical fit and fine..
You should not have wear glasses
10th January 2013, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i have passed 12th by arts stream with state board. can i apply for merchant navy.
24th April 2013, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

sir i have completed my 12 th and i want to joint merchant navy plz allow me and plz say what are the documents and fees to joint and what other things may be required like body hight and weight
24th April 2013, 04:21 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry but you can not get job in the Merchant Navy. To serve Merchant Navy you must have completed 12th in Science stream with PCM subjects. Since you are Arts student, it is not possible for you to apply.

You should consider some other career option that suits your qualification criteria. My advice will be to complete graduation and possible post graduation if required.

For job in Merchant Navy you have to complete B.Sc in Nautical Science or Marine Engineering course. Both are not possible for the Arts student.

Eligibility

1. Education: 12th standard with PCM.

2. Age: No more than 20 years.

3. Age (SC/ST): upto 25 years.

4. Candidate should not be married.

5. Course: B.Sc Nautical Science or Marine Engineering.

6. Physical Requirements: Min height 150cm, vision 6/6 etc.

Direct Entry

Complete 12th standard with PCM and apply for the deck cadet job. Upon selection by the company you will have to go through 3 months long pre sea training after which you will get job.

Complete B.Tech in Mechanical/Technology/Electrical and apply for the various officer level jobs.

But before you do, it is mandatory to complete 9 months long pre sea course in marine engineering from MERI.
24th April 2013, 05:31 PM
banacareer

u should consider some other career option that suits your qualification criteria. My advice will be to complete graduation and possible post graduation if required.

For job in Merchant Navy you have to complete B.Sc in Nautical Science or Marine Engineering course. Both are not possible for the Arts student.

Eligibility

1. Education: 12th standard with PCM.

2. Age: No more than 20 years.

3. Age (SC/ST): upto 25 years.

4. Candidate should not be married.

5. Course: B.Sc Nautical Science or Marine Engineering.

6. Physical Requirements: Min height 150cm, vision 6/6 etc.

Direct Entry

Complete 12th standard with PCM and apply for the deck cadet job. Upon selection by the company you will have to go through 3 months long pre sea training after which you will get job.

Complete B.Tech in Mechanical/Technology/Electrical and apply for the various officer level jobs.
25th April 2013, 08:19 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

12th arts students are not eligible for Merchant Navy. So you are not eligible for Merchant Navy because you don't have the required subject combination in 10+2.

Physics , Chemistry and Maths in required in 10+2 for Merchant Navy.

After 10+2 with PCM one can apply for Deck Cadet post in Merchant Navy. One must have very good eyesight, Physical fitness and no color blindness for Merchant Navy.

For those who want to become Engineer in Merchant Navy must have a Marine Engineering degree or it equivalent qualification.

You have to pass written exam and physical fitness test to join Merchant Navy.

So you are not eligible for merchant navy means you have to look for other options.

You can apply for Indian Army as a Soldier or Group Y trade Air Force.

You will also be eligible for NDA exam but you can join only Indian Army.

Otherwise go for Graduation or some other courses like Law, CA etc.

There are many options for you but in the end you have to take the decision.
27th April 2013, 10:10 PM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear Friend,

Not at all, for joining Merchant Navy, you will never be eligible.

Because, you have finished your 12th standard with Arts curriculum; and, Merchant Navy needs Science curriculum.

So, according to me, you should try for other jobs and competitive exams.

The educational qualifications regarding with Merchant Navy are below mentioned:-

# Candidates must have finished their 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics curriculum from any approved institution.

# Candidates will have to do course B.Sc in Marine Engineering or Nautical Science.

The age criteria regarding with Merchant Navy is below mentioned:-

# 20-25 years.

# Candidates must be unmarried male.

# Citizenship:- Must be Indian.

# Physical standard:- Must be fit.

Thanks.
3rd May 2013, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

Can i do merchant navy after 12th arts
5th September 2014, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have done my 10th by pcm but 12th is from arts from CBSE board.
So will you please tell me can I join merchant navy
27th April 2015, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

Sir recently i completed My senior secendary In arts Stream I m in Punjab Form Jagraon can i join Merchant navy ...please Tell fast
9th May 2015, 10:13 AM
Unregistered

I'm 12 art pass. And I'm 24year old so I can I wish to join. Navy can I join sir
5th May 2016, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

Sir, why should not students of arts stream join merchant navy. Reply fast
16th May 2016, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

Sir my name is umar farooq and i am 12 pass in arts with 68.8% mark from i am from delhi i want to join marchant navy my dob is 04 10 1995
sir give me the solution how to join navy is there any way to join sir plece reply to my ph no 8285851820
1st August 2016, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

Hlo sir.
My name is Sahil Panchal. I'm studying in 12th class with P.C.M. sir I want to join merchant Navy. I'm so interesting in this job. Can you pls tell me ? how can i join merchant Navy after 12th pass as a officers life. Sir pls tell me all over information about merchant Navy. Step by step.
This is my email I.D. [email protected]
Thank you sir...
22nd September 2016, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

Sir ,I have passed 10 2 exam from physics chemistry biology can I apply in engine cadet
3rd August 2018, 08:25 AM
Unregistered

Sir I have done 12th exam with arts. I am a girl so can I apply for Indian nevy?
4th August 2018, 03:46 PM
Laxmikant Kumar jajoriya

Sir my all Q. only for rbse board.
Q.1 i can take biology subject in class 11 in additional subject it is possible.
Q.2 i can take biology subject in additional with mathematics in class 12 without take biology in additional subject in class 11 it is possible.
Q.3 I have mathematics subject in additional in clasd 11 and i want change it in class 12 that biology be additional subject with mathematics it is possible.
Q.4 a person have passed her 12 class with math subject and he want re her 12 class same with math but take biology in additional it is possible.

Thanks
1st July 2019, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

I have passed 12th by arts stream with state board. Can i apply for merchant x
5th November 2021, 12:29 AM
Unregistered

Is Yacht Crew is Good. Because Anyone can Become. But i heard That there is Dark Industry in Yacht.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?