12th March 2011, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

MCA after B.Sc(Biotechnology)?

m bindu bansal m bsc biotech student after this i want to take admission in mca can i take admission in mca after graduated in bsc biotec

Related Questions:
  1. Information about the Biotechnology course without Maths after passing 12th with Chemistry, Physics, Biology, English and Informatics Practices? List of the institutes?
  2. Types of jobs available after MSc Biotechnology? Could I get industrial jobs?
  3. Scope of Biotechnology in India? What are the job opportunities on the basis of simple graduation? Should I go for masters degree in Biotech or MBA? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. PG course for good salary after B.Sc(Biotechnology)?
  5. Is it important to opt for Maths as my 11th subject along with science?
  6. Can MCA be done through correspondence? If so, is it valuable?
  7. What is MCA admission procedure? What is the syllabus of MCA? Study material for MCA?
  8. Difference between 2 years MCA and 3 years MCA programs?
  9. Can I do MCA after BSc General?
  10. Can I do MCA after M.Com? Is MCA favourable for Banking career?
  11. After BCA which is a better course, MCA or CDAC?
  12. Minimum and maximum salary after MCA course? List of the best MCA colleges in Delhi? Qualifications required?
  13. Which is the best suitable colleges for doing MCA in Tamilnadu? How many semesters does it contain? How much salary in MCA job?
  14. Is MCA a better option or should I do another course? Registered MCA colleges in Mumbai?
  15. Possibility of pursuing M.Tech after MCA? Job in different sectors for MCA graduate?
  16. Which is the best college in India to do MCA? What to do after completion of MCA course? -- [New]
  17. After BA, scope of MSC IT in IT Services?
  18. Whether IIT-Chennai offers MCA program? Duration and scope of MCA course? Preparation tips for JAM?
12th March 2011, 01:23 PM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Default Re: MCA after B.Sc(Biotechnology)?

Hello,

YES, you can take admission in MCA after B.Sc. (Biotechnology).

Good Luck
12th March 2011, 02:05 PM
Archi Mukherjee

yes you can do MCA. But you need to have maths as your subject in 10+2 level.
For details refer to the following link below
http://www.successcds.net/MCA-Entrance/
12th March 2011, 02:06 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

well yes you can if you had mathematics in class 10+2..

education eligibility:

Should be a pass in any recognized Bachelor's Degree of minimum 3 year's duration in any
discipline with Mathematics at 10 + 2 level.

Should be a pass in any recognized Bachelor's Degree of minimum 3 year's duration in any
discipline with Mathematics as one of the subjects.

age limit:
there is no age limit

well if you have mathematics then you can easily get admission to any college on the
basis of merit or entrance exam
12th March 2011, 04:40 PM
Niklesh92

hey i think u cant do..bcoz UG s different...bt im not sure..
12th March 2011, 08:23 PM
asishkumar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
m bindu bansal m bsc biotech student after this i want to take admission in mca can i take admission in mca after graduated in bsc biotec
Yes definately you can go for MCA.In my opinion you should go for research line (biotech) because you will find a lot of scopes for this.
12th March 2011, 10:58 PM
priyanka rotey

I think mca & biotechnology both are different fields so after b.sc. One can do m.sc. Biotech. That is good and having more scope
13th March 2011, 06:48 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

You did not mention the subjects which you have gone through in your 10+2.

In order to appear for the entrance examination which gives admission into MCA, one should have Mathematics as a subject compulsory either in their 10+ level or at graduation level.

As your graduation is from life sciences i.e. Biotechnology, i think you don't have Mathematics as one of the subject.

So if you have Mathematics as one of the subject in your 10+2, you can appear for the exam.

Otherwise you are not eligible to appear for the exam.

My suggestion is to go for MBA after b.sc bitotechnology rather than going for MCA if you don't have Mathematics in your 10+2
15th March 2011, 07:25 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

you can do MCA after B.Sc(Biotechnology) if you have read math in 12th.

as 12th math is essential to do MCA.

but you know MCA after B.Sc(Biotechnology) will be totally different field for you.

all the best........
27th March 2011, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

Hi I am a student of MCA from Amity University and I have done my Bsc Biotech from SHIATS Allahabad.
you can do MCA from some of the colleges...do it only if u have passion for computer programming.
Eligibility: 1) You must have Maths as a subject in 10 2
2) or You must have Maths as a subject in your Bsc Biotech course.

Luckily I had Maths as a subject in BSc biotech and I even qualified 10 2 level maths exam from NIOS noida so I got a chance to sit for MCA entrance for many colleges.

Future prospects:

You can go for Research in Computational Biology anywhere abroad and at some places in India also.
You can work for any Corporate company as a developer, IT consultant, network administrator,etc. You will definitely get a preference in companies who have clients in Biotech/medical sector eg cognizant, tcs, hcl, infosys etc.

go ahead do it if u have a real passion for the computer world and programming...!

all the best

sarthak kalra
[email protected]
14th April 2011, 11:22 AM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

Yes you can do MCA after B.Sc ...many of students do....you can also do....if you have interst then go for it and after you can also do MBA........
25th April 2011, 09:16 PM
Unregistered

how many years need to study biotech
29th May 2011, 02:13 PM
BEST CAREER
Member+

Quote:
Re: MCA after B.Sc(Biotechnology)?

how many years need to study biotech

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/mca-after-b-sc-biotechnology-98421.html#ixzz1Nj107iut
Please clarify your query
duration for B.Sc in Biotech-3yrs
duration for M.sc in Biotech-2yrs
and further you can pursue your phd in biotechnology

i hope it is clear that you have to study for 5yrs to complete uour post graduation degree in BIOTECHNOLOGY .
16th June 2011, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

after doing graduation in biotechnology can i go for software engineerinhg????
18th June 2011, 11:18 PM
Unregistered

Kya direct m.tech kr skte hai after b.sc in biotech...bt i have no math in 12th.?
16th July 2011, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

I am doing B.TECH(2nd year) in Bio-technology. I want to know that whether I can do MCA after getting my B.TECH degree ?
I had computer and maths in 2 . I also know C and C Programming .
20th July 2011, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

I'm in the 2nd year puc and i hate math... :P
So I want to take up biotech in my future...
Which are the possible courses i can opt for?
Please help me out... :)
31st January 2012, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I'm in the 2nd year puc and i hate math... :P
So I want to take up biotech in my future...
Which are the possible courses i can opt for?
Please help me out...
if u have biology as a subject in puc, go for Btech biotech or bioinfo(if u luv computers).
24th April 2012, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir/madam

Im kohi I have completed my B.sc Biotechnology and now im pursuing MCA 2yr in distance mode..
At present im working in a CBSE school as a teacher...my query is whether i can opt for a software company or being in school is the best one..
plz do help me..
29th November 2012, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

Hiii i just to ask one thing
as iam a student of bsc biotect i have my maths and computer as a subject in my bsc biotech
can i do my mca after bsc biotech.... Although i dnt have maths in my 2 level
29th November 2012, 06:13 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Quote:
Hi,
Since you have done B.Sc. in biotechnology it will be difficult for you to get admission in most universities for M.Tech course. Some university strictly do not take biology domain people for MCA. Now the best option for you right now is that you can enroll into the IGNOU university MCA course. Here like other institutes you do not have to pass through any examination or its subsequent interview. Your graduation marks will be enough for admission. You can download the form online from www.ignou.ac.in. You can also call the Kolkata study center at (033) 2281 0964. The entire course is three years long. The course curriculum includes all the subjects of computer science and mathematics as required and also some commerce subjects to make you able for the commercial sectors totally. So get admitted.
1st February 2013, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

hi i hv competed my bsc biotech but it is having no scope in india, so i descided to hardware & networking course can i do? i hv interest in computer and my mathmatics iis good at 12th standard plz do suggest?
13th May 2015, 09:17 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do MCA after graduating Bsc biotechnology with bio informatics as a subject but no maths in inter
18th March 2016, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

Hi , i am doing my b.tech biotechnology and i had maths in 10 2 will i have the eligibility to do MCA after completing b.tech biotechnology and i had maths as the subject for two semestets
24th May 2019, 10:29 AM
Unregistered

Can I do MCA after BSC (biotech) if I had completed my 12 with physics, chemistry & biology.
Pls answer me...
9th September 2021, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

Can I do MCA, Distance/Correspondence after B. Tech Biotechnology, If I had Completed 12th with Maths, Chemistry, Physics, Biology & english.
Please give me yours advice/Answer..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?