29th November 2014, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

Can I get scholarship to study in US universities after intermediate? Should I practice from SAT guide?

Hi ! am akhil presently studying intermediate 1st year . i got 9.4/10 cgpa in 10th..
i got to know that SAT exams are a way to study in US universities after completing inter 2nd year!!
i have a money problem and want to know how can i get a scholarship to study in US .

but by the time i complete my inter 2nd year it will be 2016 and i got to that there is a change in the pattern of SAT exam.
it says that the negative marking deductions are nomore and essay is optional and many more..
i wanted to order official SAT guide which of 2014 from flipkart. so now am in a dilemma that either should i practice this guide or not.. i want to get good score in SAT .that is why i want to practice from my first year itself.
i request u to help me in knowing about the scholarship

THANK YOU
SINCERELY,
AKHIL

30th November 2014, 12:22 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get scholarship to study in US universities after intermediate? Should I practice from SAT guide?

Yes, you are absolutely correct that there can be changes in the SAT pattern. However, the content of the syllabus will be more or less same. SO if you want to start your preparation from now, you can order that book and start practicing from it. However, most of the SAT guide come at a price which is above 1000. SO it is better you go for the one which is available for below 1000 and later you can get the good one which will be updated version for the year 2016.
Barron's SAT 2014 (With CD) (English) 26th Edition is one such book. You can buy it by clicking here.

Concerning scholarship, scholarships are given by the institutes where you will seek admission. However, most of the scholarships will not cover the entire study expense. Instead only a part of your study expense will be covered. Such scholarships are given only on account of excellent performance in the field of academics or some other field of talent or outstanding performance in the entrance exam- SAT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?