6th November 2016, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

Can I study in Canada with diploma in mechanical engineering qualification?

Hello, this is Faiz from India.
I have done my undergraduate course from India in mechanical engineering. I also have a diploma in the same field. Generally after high school people opt for 11th and 12th standard or PUC ( pre university course) but I opted to take up diploma course in mechanical field. Diploma is a 3 year course [6 semesters] and for students who did their diploma can directly enter grad school in the 2nd year i.e [3rd semester] because 1st year would be only science subjects like physics, chemistry etc. So my question is, will this be a problem for my admission in Canadian universities. I also read on the internet that we need to show 4 full years of grad school, but I only have 3 years. Please guide me in the right path.
Thank you

Related Questions:
14th November 2016, 10:25 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study in Canada with diploma in mechanical engineering qualification?

The institutes in Canada ask for 16 years of study period. Since you did not attend 10+2 and opted for diploma which is of three years followed by degree course which is of three years, so your total study period will be 16 years. Hence you are eligible for higher studies in Canada. You need to appear in the entrance exams based on which the institutes in Canada take admission like SAT, IELTS/TOEFL. Then you need to apply online in the institutes as per your scores in the entrance exams. Ensure you submit a good resume and statement of purpose. Then there will be an interview round which you need to crack to get shortlisted finally.
9th November 2017, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I study in Canada with diploma in mechanical engineering qualification?

Can I study in Canada only with diploma in mechanical engineering, without degree in it ? So tot education is 10th diploma (3 years)?
25th June 2019, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

Can I study in Canada after diploma mechanical engineering
16th July 2019, 02:02 AM
Unregistered

Courses available after diploma mechanical engg. in Canada ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?