12th February 2023, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for MS admission in USA?

Sir, I have completed btech in computer science with 59% from Kerala University. Now I wanted to do Ms in USA. Can I get admission in any of the university's in USA?

12th February 2023, 11:05 PM
Antonio 2023

Default Re: Eligibility for MS admission in USA?

Admission to a Master's program in the United States is based on multiple factors, including your undergraduate academic performance, test scores (such as the GRE), recommendations, statement of purpose, and relevant work experience. A 59% GPA from a recognized university like Kerala University is considered to be on the lower side for admission to a Master's program in the US, but it does not necessarily mean that you will not be able to get admission.

You may still be able to find a program that will accept you with your GPA, although it may be more difficult and you may need to apply to a larger number of schools. However, you can also strengthen your application by demonstrating your commitment to your field, by obtaining relevant work experience, by scoring well on standardized tests like the GRE, and by obtaining strong letters of recommendation.

I would recommend that you research programs and universities that have lower GPA requirements and where your profile and background align with their admission criteria. It would also be helpful to reach out to the admission offices of the universities you are interested in to understand their admission process and requirements better.
13th February 2023, 11:06 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Eligibility requirements to study MS in the USA

3 to 4 years of a bachelor's degree in the relevant field with an average GPA of 3.0 or 65 – 70% and above. Proof of your English-language Proficiency test such as IELTS • GRE score that is 290 or above. Statement of Purpose.
15th February 2023, 09:33 PM
Antonio 2023

Your undergraduate GPA of 59% may not meet the minimum requirements for many universities in the United States, as most institutions generally require a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for admission into graduate programs. However, there may be some universities that have lower GPA requirements or are more flexible in their admission standards.

In addition to GPA, other factors that may influence your chances of admission include your performance on standardized tests such as the GRE or GMAT, your work experience, and the strength of your letters of recommendation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?