31st March 2023, 12:24 AM
Unregistered

Passing NIOS with 52% is applicable for Canada visa?

I have passed my 2 from NIOS open board with 52% and I want to just ask that if I eligible for Canada visa?

1st April 2023, 11:01 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Passing NIOS with 52% is applicable for Canada visa?

The NIOS certification is accepted in Canada, but not all Canadian colleges accept it. Since it is considered inferior to other Indian boards like ICSE/CBSE/UP Board, many Canadian colleges do not accept it as legitimate documentation for getting admission.

Also, You must receive a minimum of 5.5 bands overall and 6.0 or better in each of the four IELTS sections for undergraduate courses in order to qualify for a Canada Student Visa. To study in Canada for graduate courses, you must receive a score of 6.5 bands, with a minimum of 6.0 in each of the four components.

So, it totally depends on the institute to which you are going to take admitted.
2nd April 2023, 04:36 PM
Infant angel
Senior Member+++++

National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) Certificate value in Canada is low as
compared to the United States. The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) board is valid for Canada but it is not valid in all the Canadian colleges. Many Canadian Colleges do not take it as valid proof for taking the admission as it is considered inferior to the other Indian boards .

National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) marksheet and certificate is valid for admission in India colleges. However, some countries like Australia, United States of America, United Kingdom also consider it for admission in some colleges.
3rd April 2023, 03:35 PM
aryaanfreelancer
Senior Member++

Applicants who have completed their 12th grade through NIOS are just as qualified to pursue studies abroad as those who have passed their 12th grade through CBSE or State Boards. So, you are eligible for a Canada visa if you satisfy all the requirements of the institution.

Although the NIOS certification is accepted in Canada, it is not approved by all Canadian colleges. So, everything depends on the institution to which you plan to apply.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?