15th February 2016, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

Should I drop a year to prepare for SAT to study Engineering in Abroad?

Sir,
I have got 95.5% in 12th. I have a dream to do Engineering in Abroad. So, should I drop a year and prepare for SAT, so that I can study in Abroad?

Related Questions:
21st February 2016, 09:18 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I drop a year to prepare for SAT to study Engineering in Abroad?

You have scored a good percentage in your 10+2 level. You have the caliber and if you work hard, you can get admission in top institutes of this country or in abroad. Since it is your dream to study engineering in abroad, hence our suggestion will be to drop a year and prepare well to achieve your dream. However, make sure that you keep the option of study in India open. Put in all your efforts, leave no stone unturned, can take coaching in reputed coaching institutes, believe in yourself and try to deliver your best to get the opportunity of admission in a good institute in abroad with a good SAT score.
22nd February 2016, 07:01 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Should I drop a year to prepare for SAT to study Engineering in Abroad?

Yes you can drop a year and prepare for SAT Examination.
You must also prepare for the TOEFL Examination as it is also needed for you to go Abroad and study the course of Engineering.
You are having good marks in Class 12 Board so that is good for you.
You will have to clear a Personal Interview after the completion of SAT and TOEFL to get admission to the course you want.
It is best if you in your mind choose the stream in which you want to do your Engineering and gather the basic knowledge that is required to pursue that stream in Engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?