13th March 2023, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

Studying in Canada or USA after 10th?

Hi. I am currently in 10th std. Doing it frm PSEB. I wanna know is there any procedure for pursuing my 11th and 12th grade abroad. Bcz i hv heard that student visa is not applicable before 12th. But schooling visa is. How can I proceed for this? Please help me out.

13th March 2023, 04:10 PM
SheldonPatrickEverson

Default Re: Studying in Canada or USA after 10th?

If you are interested in pursuing your 11th and 12th grade abroad in countries like Canada or the USA, there are some options available to you.

One option is to apply to a boarding school in Canada or the USA. Boarding schools typically offer a comprehensive education program, which includes academic classes, extracurricular activities, and other opportunities for personal growth. To apply to a boarding school, you will need to research schools that offer programs that interest you and meet their admission requirements.

Another option is to enroll in a high school exchange program. High school exchange programs allow students to study abroad for a semester or a year while living with a host family. To participate in a high school exchange program, you will need to find a reputable exchange program provider, such as AFS or Rotary Youth Exchange, and apply to their program. High school exchange programs usually require students to have a certain level of English proficiency, as well as good academic standing.

In terms of visas, you are correct that most countries require students to be at least 18 years old or have completed high school before they can apply for a student visa. However, in some cases, it is possible to obtain a student visa for attending high school. You should check the visa requirements of the country you are interested in studying in and consult with an immigration lawyer or an education consultant for guidance.

It's important to note that studying abroad can be a significant investment, both in terms of time and money. You should carefully research your options, consider your personal goals and circumstances, and make an informed decision about whether studying abroad is the right choice for you.
13th March 2023, 04:57 PM
Crenchekids
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Studying in Canada or USA after 10th?

Any candidate whose parents have a valid study or work permit in Canada can certainly become eligible to get education visa.

Minors who wants to study in Canada must apply for a study permit before they enter Canada.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?