Jayadev Institute of Social Sciences & Research, Bhubaneswar
Jayadev Institute of Social Sciences & Research is shortly called as JISSR and the institute is running under a registered trust working for the development of organizations inclusive of educational institutions for the development of human society. The institute is a leading professional institution offering education with affiliation from the Utkal University of Culture and it is dedicated for offering time and need based qualitative education in different disciplines. The institute is recognized by the Government of Orissa.
Jayadev Institute of Social Sciences & Research is meant for offering PG courses and here is the list of courses offered by the institution:
• Master of Rural Management
• Master of Social Work
Course duration and intake capacity:
The duration of these two courses offered by the JISSR is two years and intake capacity for Rural Management course is 40 students per year, while that of Social Work is 60 students per year.
About the courses:
Master of Rural Management: This course is shortly called as MRM and the course is spread over 24 months comprising of 2000 marks inclusive of dissertation, field trips, internship (summer placements), practical and theoretical classes. The academic session for this course begins in the month of July every year and ends during the month of June in the following year.
Master of Social Work: The primary purpose of Social work course is to prepare students in becoming professional social work practitioners and completion of this course will enable the students to become social workers in a number of fields like funding agencies, international and nation NGOs, developmental programs, children’s agencies, government facilities, probation departments, courts, industries, family agencies, schools and hospitals. During the first year of the course there will be five theoretical papers and candidates will have to undergo field study and reporting of the fieldwork and during the second year of the course, candidates will have to prepare a research project (dissertation) of his/her choice for 100 marks along with five theoretical papers.
Selection of candidates to both courses offered by the institute will be done based on Combined Performance in education and panel interview.
Placement cell at JISSR:
JISSR has a separate training and placement cell for assisting the students in planning their career and the cell facilitates their entry to jobs that would match their interest. The cell serves as a channel of communication between corporate firms and students by conducting on-campus recruitment drives. Top ranking educationists and professionals are invited for creating an awareness among students about the different scopes of rural management and social work. So far, many past students of the institute have earned placements through campus recruitments.
Jayadev Institute of Social Sciences & Research,
Plot No 473,
Nayapalli (Infront of Kalinga Stadium Gate no-4),
- List of top Colleges in Bhubaneswar
- List of Colleges in Utkal University of Culture, Bhubaneswar
- Junior Research Fellow, Institute of Life Sciences
- MBBS colleges in Bhubaneswar
- List of Institutes Offering Courses in Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Government Colleges in Bhubaneswar, Orissa
- MBA colleges in Bhubaneswar
- List of Colleges in Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology, Bhubaneswar
- List of Social Science Entrance Exams
- List of AICTE approved colleges in Orissa
- BSc in social science and its contribution to the society
- Hotel Management Colleges in Orissa
- Professor, Associate Professor, Tata Institute of Social Sciences
- Professor, Associate Professor, Govind Ballabh Pant Social Science Institute
- Superintending Engineer, Deputy Librarian, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bhubaneswar