List of Railway Entrance Exams
Railway journey promotes the interest of common people in traveling, by the comfort, and security it provides to each one of them. The journey in train provides a facility to over view a country’s outback, regional areas as well as coastal towns. It is often a way of transportation by means of wheeled vehicles running on rail tracks. The Railway authority conducts entrance examinations for the recruitment of highly eligible candidates for various openings in the Railway service. Railway entrance examinations are held for the selection of technical and non – technical cadres in railway. The UPSC as well as the Central Government conducts the examinations for the recruitment of the candidates for various posts.
List of Entrance Exams
- Special Class Railway Apprenctices’ Examination - It is a must for the candidates to clear the intermediate exam or its equivalent. They should have pursued either Physics and Mathematics or Chemistry and Mathematics. Also the candidate should have a minimum of 50%. The candidate should be aged between 17 – 21 years to apply for the exam.
- Railway Officers Examination- The various exams for this post include Indian Railway Traffic Service (IRTS), Indian Railways Accounts Service (IRAS), Indian Railway Service of Engineers (IRSE), Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers (IRSEE), Indian Railway Services of Signal Engineers (IRSSE), Indian Railway Store Service (IRSS), RPF Sub-Inspectors / Constables Examination
For the IRAS exam the candidates need to appear for the civil service examination for getting appointment in these posts. For the IRSS exam those who are engineers in the concerned field can apply for the examinations. To apply for the examination, the applicants should have completed the bachelors’ degree from a recognized University. In addition, the aspirants should have done their +2 level in Science stream.
Those who passed the railway entrance examinations with high grade will be appointed in the available vacancies in Railway. The Railways of India come under the Central government. Excellent scale of pay is given to those working in railways. Even though the remuneration is less in the initial stage, with prior experience, they can get promoted to higher grades. They can expect high salaries after promotion.
- Railway Recruitment Board ASM Exam Papers
- Special Railway Apprentices Exam Papers
- Railway Engine Driver – How to become a railway engine driver?
- Medical Practitioner, North East Frontier Railway
- Application Forms for various RRB Entrance Exams
- UPSC, Special Class Railway Apprentice Exam, General Ability Papers
- Railway Ticket Checker - How to become a Railway Ticket Checker?
- Railway service Commission Books
- Group D Posts - Southern Railway (RRC Chennai)
- UPSC, Special Class Railway Apprentice Exam, Mathematics Papers
- Assistant Station Master – How to become an Assistant Station Master?
- Group D Posts - South Western Railway (SWR), Hubli
- Platform Porter - Western Railway
- Trackman/Gangman - Western Railway
- Railway Assistant Loco Pilot Exam Books