M.Tech (Rock Engineering and Underground Structures) in IIT, Delhi
B.E/B.Tech holders in Civil Engineering can seek admission to M.Tech (Rock Engineering and Underground Structures) in IIT, Delhi. Topics such as Design of Underground Structures, Structural Geology, Rock Engineering, and Underground Space Technology are covered under its course curriculum. Admission process is done on the basis of GATE score or IIT conducted entrance test/interview.
Course Curriculum for M.Tech (Rock Engineering and Underground Structures) in IIT, Delhi
- Engineering Properties of Rocks and Rock Masses
- Field Exploration and Measurements
- Geotech Processes in Rock Engineering
- Rock Mechanical Lab - 1
- Structural Geology
- Analysis and Design of Underground Structures
- Excavation Methods and Machinery
- Slopes and Foundations
- Rock Lab - II (OR) Minor Project
- Open Elective- I
List of Elective Subjects
- Advanced Rock Mechanics
- Environmental Rock Engineering
- Finite Element Method in Geotechnical Engineering
- Independent Study
- Rock Engineering
- Special Topics in Rock Engineering
- Underground Space Technology
Eligibility Criteria and Admission Procedure for M.Tech (Rock Engineering and Underground Structures) in IIT, Delhi
Engineering graduates in Civil Engineering are eligible to seek admission to M.Tech (Rock Engineering and Underground Structures) in IIT, Delhi. Admission of eligible candidates are made either on the basis of written test/interview or with out written test/interview (conducted by IIT, Delhi). Direct admission is made possible for candidates with at least 75% marks or 8.5 CGPA in the qualifying examination. GATE score should be greater than or equal to 300 or qualifying score whichever is higher.
Engineering graduates with at least 60% marks or 6.75 CGPA can seek admission by qualifying the written test/interview conducted by IIT, Delhi. Such candidates should have GATE score as an additional qualification. GATE score should be greater than or equal to 300 or qualifying score whichever is higher. All these conditions are applicable for general/OBC (non-creamy) candidates. SC/ST/PH category students are given with 5% relaxation in the cut off marks. Their GATE score should be greater than or equal to 200 or qualifying score whichever is higher.
Tuition fee for pursuing M.Tech in IIT, Delhi is Rs. 5000/- per semester. SC/ST students are exempted from the payment of tuition fee. Examination fee amounts to Rs.300/- per semester. Registration & Enrolment, Gymkhana, Medical Fee, etc are other fees collected from students. Hostellers should remit a specific amount as hostel rent, and hostel deposit. Fee structure is subject to change and it may changes with reforms in University policies and procedures. Fees are usually received in the form of Demand Draft, payable at Delhi.
- How to select stream in M.Tech after B.Tech in Civil Engineering?
- B.Tech in Mining Engineering Project Names and Ideas
- M.Tech specializations in Civil Engineering
- Eligibility criteria for M.Tech Courses in ISM Dhanbad
- PTU B.Tech Civil Engineering-4th Sem-Rock Mechanics and Engineering Geology (CE-210) Papers
- Syllabus for GATE (Mining Engineering)
- M.Tech in Water Resources Engineering - Course Curriculum and Colleges
- Admission Process for M.Tech (Civil Engineering) Part Time Courses offered in IIT, Delhi
- Syllabus for JUET M.Sc in Geology (Hydrology and Soil Dynamics)
- Opportunities after B.Tech in Mining Engineering
- Structure Expert, Station Architect, RITES Limited
- Cochin University B.Tech in Civil Engineering-8th Sem-Advanced Design of Structures Papers
- Difference between Civil Engineering and Structural Engineering
- IGNOU Diploma in Civil Engineering-Theory of Structures - I Papers
- M.Tech in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering M.Tech