Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants Recruitment Examination (Kerala) 2012
Kerala postal service conducts the Postal assistant examination for the various posts arising in the Departments. Candidates residing in Kerala can apply for this exam. The salary for the post is between 5200 and 20200 with many other allowances. The different designation under this exam include the following,
Sorting Assistants in Railway Mail Service
- Postal Assistants in Savings Bank Control Organization
- Postal Assistants in Post Offices
- Postal Assistants in Circle Office and Regional Offices
Structure of Postal Assistants (Kerala)
Candidate will be selected not only through the written test by his / her marks in the 10+2 level will also be considered. That is candidates with high marks in the 10+2 will be more eligible when compared to the other candidates with the marks very less.
- The total marks of the exam will be calculated by adding the marks he / she have scored in the written exam along with the 10+2 level marks.
- Total marks will be of 100, where 40%marks will be from 10+2, 50%from the written test and 10% from the computer skill
- The written test will have questions from mathematics; General knowledge and reasoning ability. There will be a total of 60 questions.
Syllabus for Postal Assistants (Kerala)
The topics for the exam are English, mathematics, reasoning ability and numerical ability & general knowledge. The syllabus for the following topics is:
- Relations and Functions
- Sets and their Representations
- Union, intersection and complements of sets
- Algebraic properties of Sets
- Equivalence relations
- Into and onto mappings
- Composition of mappings
- Complex Numbers
- Complex numbers in the form a+ib and their representation in a plane
- Argand Diagram
- Algebra of complex numbers
- Modulus and Argument (or amplitude) of a complex number
- Square root of a complex number
- Cube roots of unity
- Triangle inequality
- Matrices and Determinants
The test will be also having questions from
- Analytical functions
- Arithmetical computation
- Arithmetical number series
- Arithmetical reasoning
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Relationship concepts
- Space visualization
- Symbols and their relations
- Verbal and figure classification
- Visual memory
- English language
The questions will be based on:
- Sentence completion
- Comprehension of a passage
- Numeric Ability
The questions will be from topics like,
- Decimals and fractions
- Relationship between numbers
- General knowledge and general awareness
Questions will be based on the things happening around the candidate.
Eligibility Criteria for Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants Recruitment Exam
- The candidate should be a 10+2 pass with high marks from a recognized board.
- The candidates applying should have studied English in the 10+2 level.
- Local language of the state should be known to the applying candidate.
- The candidate should have studied Malayalam in the 10+2 level.
- Vocational course passed candidates are not eligible.
- Candidates should know minimum typing and computer knowledge.
- Special vacancies are available for candidates from backward casts like SC, ST and OBC.
- There are also seats for physically handicapped persons.
- All should produce the certificates whenever asked.
How to Apply for Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants Recruitment Exam?
The downloaded application form from the website should be sent to the concerned division. Candidates can send their completed application form to the selected divisions of post offices in our state. They can also give the application form to the general post offices of the state.
The candidates need to affix stamps worth Rs 25. on the envelope through which the form is sent. Candidates should also submit the attested copies of certificates along with the form. Forms are available from all the general post offices in our country.
How to fill the Form for Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants Recruitment Exam?
From the official site, candidates need to download the form. The details given in the official website should be clearly checked by the candidate. Then only the candidate should start filling the application form. Otherwise many errors can occur. Form should be checked after filling. Candidate should not forget to paste his / her pass port size photo in the form. No columns should be left blank. Candidate should correctly fill the column which asks the candidates community and caste.
Important Dates (Tentative)
The important dates for the examination are:
- Exam is in the month of November, 2012
- October, 2012 is the last month for accepting application forms
List of Postal Assistants (Kerala) centers
List of centers where the postal assistants exam (Kerala) are held:
Contact Address for the Postal Assistants (Kerala)
The contact address for the postal assistant’s exam is given below:
- Address : The Chief Postmaster General, Kerala Circle, Thiruvananthapuram 695033
- Phone: 0471-2308060 Fax: 04712306500
Reference Books for Postal Assistants (Kerala)
- Department Of Posts: Postal Assistant /Sorting Assistant Recruitment Exam: Popular Master Guide by Rph Editorial Board
- Department of posts by RPH editorial
- Postal / sorting assistants’ recruitment by Jain
- Postal assistant’s office by VVK Subburaj
Coaching Centers for Postal Assistants (Kerala)
- B. R .M academy
- Indian I A S
- Sahaya I A S academy
- Zenith point
- University knowledge forum
- Rau,s I A S study circle
- I A S coaching
- S M S institute for professional development
- Brilliant tutorials PVT ltd
- Paradigm I A S academy
- Dhruv academy
- Lakshya I A S academy
- Academy of competitive examinations
- Royal I A S institute
- A Shahs I A S institute.
- Chetana unique academy
- Study circle
- Jai bharat
- Cosmos I A S academy
- Anand academy
- Sociology made easy
- Vardhman academy
- Mimansha academy
- Katakana I A S
- Career coaching
- Krishna coaching institute
- Center for excellence.
- Engineers India center.
- New Delhi I A S
- Hamdard study circle
- Anand institute of mathematics
- Political science for I A S.
- Mitra I A S
- Vajiram and Ravi institute for civil services examination.
Planning is necessary for passing these written exams with good marks .The candidates should attend all entrance exams a definite plan. Without a well prepared plan no one will be able to score good marks in the exams. For getting good score, the candidate will need to go through the degree subjects once again. They need to study all the important topics of those subjects.
How and Where To Get the Results?
The result can be viewed in the official website which is: http://indiapostkerala.gov.in/ and they will get the conformation through the post also.
The score will be valid until the published vacancies are filled
- Postal Assistants Recruitment Exam Papers
- Government Jobs in Postal Sector
- Field Assistants (Agriculture) - Indian Institute of Information Technology & Management, Kerala
- Reference Books for India Post Office Postal/Sorting Assistant Exam
- Chair Professor, Lecturers, Jamia Millia Islamia
- School Assistants - Andhra Pradesh District Selection Committee
- Inspectors of Income Tax, Tax Assistants, SSC
- Deputy Librarian, Assistant Librarian, Delhi Technological University
- Application Procedure for India Post Office Postal/Sorting Assistant 2012
- Office Assistants (Multipurpose) - Kalinga Gramya Bank
- Officer Scale III, Office Assistant - Malwa Gramin Bank
- Assistants, Stenographers, State Bank of India
- Research Associate, Assistants, Institute of Banking Personnel Selection
- Professor, Associate Professor, Central University of Kerala
- Junior Assistants in APBIESS – APPSC