1st December 2016, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do BCA and MCA after completion of diploma in computer engineering?

I have a doubt, I want to complete MCA after BCA..now I completed my diploma in computer engineering course. Is it possible to do BCA after diploma now or not? Can you please give me the details on this to me as soon as possible? Awaiting for the response.

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to get admission in 2nd year of BCA after completing Diploma in computer Engineering with 83% marks?
  2. Is it possible to join MCA after doing diploma in computer engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Is it possible to do MCA/BCA after diploma in computer engineering?
  4. How can I become an IT professional and what should I do?
  5. Am I eligible to do BCA being a Diploma holder? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Can I study Regular MCA if pursuing Distance BCA after completing Polytechnic Diploma in Computer Science course?
  7. What is the process followed to join MCA course after completion of diploma in computer engineering? -- [New]
  8. Can I study BCA after completion of Diploma in Computer Engineering course?
  9. Am I eligible to do BBA or BCA in correspondence mode after completion of diploma in computer science engineering after 10th standard?
  10. Am I eligible for lecturer job in engineering colleges? I have done diploma in computer technology 3 year SNPT and BCA from Madras university, MCA from Tamilnadu open university and ME CSE from Anna university?
  11. Is it possible for me to do BCA course after completion of diploma in Computer engineering?
  12. Can I study Aeronautical Engineering after completion of Diploma in Computer Engineering?
  13. Am I eligible to get the software job after completion of BCA course?
  14. Am I eligible for government exams after completion of BCA with diploma lateral entry?
  15. Which graduation course should i do to become a Web Designer?
  16. What should I do to study B.Tech in Computer Engineering being an Electrical Diploma engineering student?
  17. Should i prefer Diploma over BCA course after passing 12th?
  18. Can I study Diploma in Civil Engineering being a BCA graduate?
1st December 2016, 07:17 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do BCA and MCA after completion of diploma in computer engineering?

No, you are not eligible to do BCA and MCA course after completion of your Diploma course in Computer Engineering from a recognised board. To be eligible to pursue BCA course, you should have passed 12th standard in any stream from a recognised board. After completion of your BCA course, you are eligible to pursue MCA course. So, being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to do BCA and MCA course.
1st December 2016, 07:24 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do BCA and MCA after completion of diploma in computer engineering?

Yes definitely you are eligible to pursue bachelor degree in computer application and then after bachelor degree you can pursue masters degree in computer application after completion of your diploma in computer engineering.

So you are eligible for it but for that you have to appear in the entrance exam if you want to get admission in a government recognised University or college otherwise on the basis of donation you can also get admission in private college.
1st December 2016, 07:33 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to opt for BCA course after the completion of Diploma in Computer Science as there is no such provision for it.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th from a recognised Board with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for BCA course.
1st December 2016, 08:17 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have a doubt, I want to complete MCA after BCA..now I completed my diploma in computer engineering course. Is it possible to do BCA after diploma now or not? Can you please give me the details on this to me as soon as possible? Awaiting for the response.
You have completed diploma in Computer Engineering so you are eligible for BCA course.

Candidate should have completed 12th in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board are eligible for BCA course.

After completion of BCA course, you are eligible for MCA course.
1st December 2016, 09:07 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can surely apply for BCA admission on the basis of your diploma in computer engineering qualification. Admission will be through entrance exam and you will be eligible for lateral entry admission in BCA second year.

In fact, you can get admission in B.Tech CSE which will be a better option rather than going for BCA and MCA. Most of the top IT companies ask for B.Tech CSE qualification along with MCA. Hence, doing BCA is not a wise decision after diploma in computer science engineering.
2nd December 2016, 12:40 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot get admission in BCA course if you haven't studied 12th standard from a recognized board. Therefore, if you have the qualification mentioned above, you an get admission in BCA course, or else I sorry to say that you cannot opt for BCA and MCA later on.
2nd December 2016, 12:38 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Mostly the eligibility to do BCA – candidates must have passed 10+2 in any discipline with Mathematics as an essential subject and an aggregate of 50% marks. Some institutions like Alagappa University accept the Diploma in Computer Engineering students for the admission to BCA course. You can study to the BCA in Alagappa University and after completion of BCA you can apply for MCA course. The colleges offering BCA for the Diploma holders are

Alagappa University - Website Link

Sri Muthukumaran Arts and Science College - Website Link

Smt. CZMG BCA College - Website Link
2nd December 2016, 06:57 PM
pruthvi12dba

Yes, you are eligible to pursue BCA course.This is a full of computer related subjects having good scope in your future.

* After completion of your BCA you can continue your higher education with MCA.
* It will give more knowledge on computer programming subjects.
* The duration of the course is 3 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?