7th February 2014, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for NDA being 17 years old Diploma holder?

sir, i am a student of diploma engg. of mechanical branch. sir i joined diploma after 10th having 80% mark and diploma in a govt. school and avg. is 76%. sir i have no 12th cetificate but diploma which is equivelent to 12th. sir and my age is 17 sir may i apply for nda exam.

11th February 2014, 07:41 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I apply for NDA being 17 years old Diploma holder?

Absolutely No,You are not eligible to appear for the N.D.A(National Defense Academy )examination.Because to be eligible for this NDA exam,the minimum basic qualification must be a 12th class or 10+2 or Intermediate class from a recognized school/college.Since as you are with the Diploma as your qualification,you can not apply for the NDA Exam.

The minimum age limit for applying is only 16.5 years,and the maximum age must not exceed the age of 19 years.So as far as the age is concerned you are eligible,but considering Education qualification in to the account you can not Apply for the N.D.A examination.This NDA examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.
Through NDA examination,you can enter in to the courses such as Indian Military,Indian Navy and Indian Air force.

So I know you are willing to go for these fields with NDA Examinations.Since you are not eligible for getting,you have one more another option.For this the alternative is through he CDA examination.C.D.S( Combined Defense Services) exam is conducted for the eligible candidates to get in to the Officers training academy,Indian Military Academy,Indian Navy and Indian Air force fields.

So for this to be eligible you must have to complete your Graduation.Because to get in to the C.D.S the minimum qualification is Graduation.The minimum age must be 19 years and the maximum age must not exceed the age of 24 years.So as you are with the 17 years still,you try to continue your studies till graduation.So that mean while your age will be increased at the same time you will get Bachelor Degree course.So then you can apply for the CDS Exam to get in to the Same fields.
11th February 2014, 09:31 PM
Experts
Senior Member+

No you are not eligible to apply for NDA Examination because Intermediate is not equivalent to diploma course you are not eligible to apply for diploma course. But after completing degree course you have a chances to get into the Defence Course. After completing degree course you have a various entries like Combined Defence Service, Short Service Commission Navy Exam, Air Force Common Admission Test, NCC Special Entry Examination and SSC Army Examination.
12th February 2014, 04:04 PM
Sowmya449

No..... you are not eligible to apply for NDA Examination because Intermediate is not equivalent to diploma course you are not eligible to apply for diploma course. But after completing degree course you have a chances to get into the Defence Course. After completing degree course you have a various entries like Combined Defence Service, Short Service Commission Navy Exam, Air Force Common Admission Test, NCC Special Entry Examination and SSC Army Examination.
12th February 2014, 04:20 PM
Sowmya449

Wink Re: Can I apply for NDA being 17 years old Diploma holder?

For this to be eligible you must have to complete your Graduation.Because to get in to the C.D.S the minimum qualification is Graduation.The minimum age must be 19 years and the maximum age must not exceed the age of 24 years.So as you are with the 17 years still,you try to continue your studies till graduation.So that mean while your age will be increased at the same time you will get Bachelor Degree course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?