11th October 2017, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

Can I do boiler engineering course after diploma in electrical engineering?

Sir, I already passed ITI electrical, 2 years with 1 year national apprentice certificate electrical. I have an experience for 8 years in electrical maintenance job. Now I am doing diploma electrical from WBCTE. Can I do boiler engineering course? Kindly reply me.

12th October 2017, 09:19 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do boiler engineering course after diploma in electrical engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I already passed ITI electrical, 2 years with 1 year national apprentice certificate electrical. I have an experience for 8 years in electrical maintenance job. Now I am doing diploma electrical from WBCTE. Can I do boiler engineering course? Kindly reply me.
Yes, of course, you are eligible to apply for Boiler Engineering course after completing Diploma in Electrical Engineering course. Those who completed their Graduation in, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering, Power Plant Engineering or Production Engineering etc with least 60% of marks are eligible to apply for Boiler Engineering course.
12th October 2017, 12:40 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I do boiler engineering course after diploma in electrical engineering?

Those candidates who have completed diploma or degree course in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering, etc. and have experience of 2-5 years in the related field are eligible to apply for Boiler Operation Engineering.
After completion of Diploma in Electrical engineering, you will become eligible for the Boiler Engineering course.
12th October 2017, 06:07 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

There is no specific course for Boiler Engineering, but you can become a Boiler Engineer after the completion of B.Tech course in Engineering. Fort that you must have to follow the below mentioned procedure.

After the completion of Diploma course in Electrical Engineering, you must have to complete B.Tech or B.E degree course in Electrical Engineering from a recognized University.
Candidates those who have completed either their Diploma or Degree in any of the below mentioned stream from a recognized University can apply for the post of Boiler Engineer.
i. Mechanical Engineering,
ii. Electrical Engineering,
iii. Chemical Engineering,
iv. Instrumentation Engineering,
v. Power Plant Engineering,
vi. Production Engineering.

Candidates must have experience in Operation and or Maintenance of Boiler for the above mentioned post.

i. Not less than two years in case of Degree holders
ii. Not less than Five years in case of Diploma holders.
12th October 2017, 09:38 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for boiler engineering course based on your diploma in electrical engineering. Just make sure you appear for entrance exam for the concerned course.

Admission will be on the basis of performance in the entrance exam and seats are allotted through counselling based on rank.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?