1st August 2010, 12:04 AM
Gop
Senior Member+

Arrow Re: Age limit and benefits in IAS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
WHAT IS THE MAXMIUM FOR IAS EXAM FOR GENERAL CATERORY
Hi,
The upper age limit for UPSC CSE Examination is 30 years. Do check out.

1st August 2010, 12:07 AM
Gop
Senior Member+

Quote:
my date of is 11.05.79 can i eligible for preliminary exam and how many?
Hi,
You have not mentioned your category. If you are general, Then sorry. You are not eligible.
If OBC or SC/ST category, Then you have a fair chance.

Good Luck.

1st August 2010, 12:09 AM
Gop
Senior Member+

Quote:
Dear Sir,

My date of birth is 05.05.80 can i eligible for Preliminary exam and how many ?
Hi,
Sorry. You are not Eligible as you have run out of upper age limit.Have good chance if you are a OBC or SC/ST candidate.

Good Luck.

1st August 2010, 12:11 AM
Gop
Senior Member+

Quote:
I am 26 old now,I did Master of Computer Applaications,.Now I am working with software consultancy,I am planning to prepare for civils.I read some articlas about these exam.Age limit is 30 years,If I start preparation now,Will I able to pass the exam.I want some more information about this exam,Please help me.I would thankfull for your answers

Hi,
Yes. Obviously. You have 4 fair years. If you are really good, You can do it in the first attempt itself. You are in right time to start your preparation. So dont wait, go ahead.

All the Best for your preparation.

1st August 2010, 12:13 AM
Gop
Senior Member+

Quote:
my date of birth is 11.03.79 am i eligible for preliminary exam ? i am bc too.
Hi,
No. You are not eligible if you are in General category. If in OBC or SC/ST, then yes you have good chance.

Good Luck.

1st August 2010, 12:14 AM
Gop
Senior Member+

Quote:
Syllabus copy of IAS exam

Hi,
Do check the following website for list of subjects and syllabus details: http://www.onestopias.com/subjects/syllabus/

Good Luck.

1st August 2010, 12:16 AM
Gop
Senior Member+

Quote:
My date of birth is 09.07.1982 , Am i eligible for IAS exams?
Hi,
Yes. Obviously. YOu are eligible to appear for the UPSC CSE Examination irrespective of the Category.
Good Luck.

1st August 2010, 12:18 AM
Gop
Senior Member+

Lightbulb Re: Age limit and benefits in IAS exam?

Quote:
my date of birth is 20.06.1992,am i aligible for IAS exams?
Hi,
No. You are not eligible right now. You are below the lower age limit which is 21 years. You also need to hold a graduate degree from a recognised university. Good Luck.

1st August 2010, 12:32 AM
Gop
Senior Member+

Lightbulb Re: Age limit and benefits in IAS exam?

Quote:
DEAR SIR

I AM 18 YEARS OLD.....I LIKE TO WRITE IAS EXAM AFTER FINISHING MY B.E...PLSGIVE ME AN IDEA ABOUT THIS UPSC EXAM
Hi,
Yes. You become eligible after completing your BE Graduation. So do concentrate on your studies.

Good Luck.

1st August 2010, 12:47 AM
Gop
Senior Member+

Quote:
I AM OF 18 AGE AND DOINB B.TECH FIRST YEAR . DO I AM ELIGIBLE FOR THE TEST AS AGE AGE LIMIT IS 21? PLZ PROVIDE ME IMFORMATION REGARDING TO SUBJECTS... I WILL BE VERY THANKFUL OF YOURS.............. PLZ HELP ME

Hi,
No. you are not. You need to become 21 to be eligible. Also , you should hold a graduation.
Do check for that.
Good Luck.

1st August 2010, 12:51 AM
Gop
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hi Sir,

I have completed my B.Tech in computer science and working in a software company. I would like to appear the IAS exam but I am bit confuse on age criteria. My date of
birth is 26-04-1976 and I belongs to SC category. Am I still elegible to write the IAS exam in 2011. Please suggest.

Hi,
Sorry. You are not Eligible. You are crossing the age limit for 2011 Examination.

5th August 2010, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Age limit and benefits in IAS exam?

I am a physically handicraft software engineer,Can I take IAS 2011.When will new age limit norms be impemented,what does it say about PH canidate.
Mritunjya 2008

6th August 2010, 06:57 AM
Jitendra malviya

Location: 8-bhawani shri lakshya , chhatrasal nagar ,phase 1 ,Bhopal(M.P.),462023

Age Limit IAS exam

i. A candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.
ii. The upper age limit is relaxed in specific cases as mentioned below:
a. upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate belongs to SC/ST.
b. upto a maximum of 3 years if the candidate belongs to Other Backward Classes.
c. upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate had been domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir during the period between January 1, 1980 and December 31, 1989.
d. upto a maximum of 3 years in the case of Defence Services personnel disabled during hostilities with foreign countries or in a disturbed area and consequently released.
e. upto a maximum of 5 years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs / SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on August 1 of the year of examination and have been released:
on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from August 1 of the year of examination) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, or
on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service, or
on invalidment.
f. upto a maximum of 5 years in the case of ECOs / SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment (5 years Military Service) as on August 1 of the year of examination and whose assignment has been extended beyond 5 years. Such candidates will have to provide a certificate from the Ministry of Defence stating that they can apply for civil employment and they will be released on a notice of 3 months, upon selection, from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.
g. upto a maximum of 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and orthopaedically handicapped candidates.

8th August 2010, 11:50 PM
Unregistered

Hello..
Am favaz muhammed(23yrs) from Kerala.I completed my 3yr diploma in electronics...So, Is this approved for attempting IAS exam..Please give me the suggestions...Thanking you...

9th August 2010, 03:11 AM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

Age Eligibility conditions are:

i. A candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.
ii. The upper age limit is relaxed in specific cases as mentioned below:

Relaxations:

a. upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate belongs to SC/ST.
b. upto a maximum of 3 years if the candidate belongs to Other Backward Classes.
c. upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate had been domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir during the period between January 1, 1980 and December 31, 1989.
d. upto a maximum of 3 years in the case of Defence Services personnel disabled during hostilities with foreign countries or in a disturbed area and consequently released.
e. upto a maximum of 5 years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs / SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on August 1 of the year of examination and have been released:
on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from August 1 of the year of examination) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, or
on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service, or
on invalidment.
f. upto a maximum of 5 years in the case of ECOs / SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment (5 years Military Service) as on August 1 of the year of examination and whose assignment has been extended beyond 5 years. Such candidates will have to provide a certificate from the Ministry of Defence stating that they can apply for civil employment and they will be released on a notice of 3 months, upon selection, from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.
g. upto a maximum of 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and orthopaedically handicapped candidates.

According to these rules you can easily see that you are not eligible in any case.

9th August 2010, 05:19 PM
rohit_k

you are not get benifit because you age limit is so over and ias age limit up to 30 year only for each candidate.

10th August 2010, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

What is the max.age limit for PH candidate !!

11th August 2010, 01:26 AM
adityabhushan

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaja mahamood View Post
I khaja mahamood has completed be in mechanical & m.tech in tool engineering and my age is now 45 years can i get benifits if i get through ias exam ?
dear sorry to say you that you are not eligible for IAS exam, since its needs eligibility age are below 30 years.

with best wishes
aditya

11th August 2010, 01:10 PM
parhitoshika
Senior Member+

it is upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate belongs to SC/ST.
otherwise it is all the same for others

13th August 2010, 10:11 AM
amit1057
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
For more information regarding IAS exam
you go through the website:- www.upsc.gov.in

13th August 2010, 11:04 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

dear friend,

candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years
The upper age limit is relaxed in specific cases as mentioned belowto a maximum of 5 years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs / SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on August 1 of the year of examination and have been released:

15th August 2010, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

hi..............iam vikas.iam 25 year old. i have done mba in marketing.i belong sc cetogery now i want to preparation for ias.but i have no idea for ias subject and date of exam.i want know,how i can prepare for ias test.please give me suggestion.i would be thanks to you.

17th August 2010, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

Hi this is Rajshree.J
I am doing my Engineering (pre-final Year) and I am now 20 Years. Will I be able to write IAS Exam in the Final Year ?

18th August 2010, 06:02 AM
Unregistered

Hi guys,

I am John Rajesh.I completed my M.Sc(comp.science) in the year 2004.At present my age is ,28 Bc-c.Shall i try ias/ips.Interested in philosophy.plz suggest the good idea.

18th August 2010, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

im 24 now ,,i heard upsc is going to change age limit ,,and it will become 21 to 25 age limit for general,,,,is it going to happen?,,,plz tell me ,,,if so then tell me when

19th August 2010, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

my age is 13.04.81, am i eligible for the IAS. (please reply on : [email protected])

Regards

23rd September 2010, 12:03 AM
Unregistered

sir i am serving in army.is there is any relaxation , pls tell me maximum age limitation for IAS exam.
send message on my id [email protected]

24th September 2010, 12:42 PM
Unregistered

My age is 34 years, Am I eligible for any UPSC examination?

2nd October 2010, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

SIR....
Iam 21 years Ithink iam eligible to write an IAS exam.
Also I want an full information about this exam .
pls, give me information.

3rd October 2010, 01:15 AM
vik111

there is age limit from 21 to 30 in IAS exam.
you have chosen good option.
best of luck

22nd October 2010, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

Please send me IAS Exam chance & benefits for SC candidate

24th October 2010, 05:39 PM
Unregistered

I AM A DIPLOMA HOLDER IN ELECTRICAL ENGG CAN I GIVE IAS EXAMS AND MY AGE IS ALSO 31 YRS.IF NOT PLEASE SUGGEST ANYOTHER FIELD WHERE I CAMN APPLY

25th October 2010, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

I AM 31 YEAR SC DEGREE HOLDER GIRL. CAN I GIVE THE CIVIL SERVICES(IAS) EXAM 2011? PLZ TELL ME?

4th November 2010, 07:53 AM
Unregistered

hi sir,

Hi,
My date of birth is Dec 1985. I am a 25 years old,and i have completed my education polytechnic civil(Diploma in civil engineering) .my qualification will be eligible for IAS Exams?. please reply

M Sankar

16th November 2010, 10:58 AM
Unregistered

sir i have completed my b.tech but my age was 20 i will complete my 21 years on next year october will i was eligible to write the exam which was held on next year or not or i have to wait for another year it was given that he should attain before august 1 pls sir can any one help me pls

23rd November 2010, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

do u plz let me know what is the procedure for preparatation of IAS Exam and what subject to be offered as i have completed my masters in PHYSICS

10th December 2010, 07:54 PM
Unregistered

Hi Sir,

Myself Ajit and my date of birth is july 1982. I am 28 now, and i belongs to Other Backward Classes. will I be eligible for IAS Exams. please reply...

13th December 2010, 05:03 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

hello friend the age limi is about 30 years 4 applying to ias exam

15th December 2010, 09:54 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for to appear for IAS exam. The eligibility criteria with regard to age is as follows

1. you should be 21 -30 years of age
Upper age limit is as follows

Upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate belongs to sc/st
Upto a maximum of 3 years if the candidate belongs to any other backward class

17th December 2010, 08:24 AM
Unregistered

i am 30 years old female belonging to open merit category and is a permanent resident of J & K, can i appear in IAS-2011? my parents are living here since 1945 and mine date of birth is 24-03-1980.

21st December 2010, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

WHAT IS DEFINITION OF YEAR OF EXAMINATION FOR AGE PURPOSE? WHETHER THE NOTIFICATION YEAR IS THE YEAR OF EXAMINATION?

24th December 2010, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

HI MYSELF MEENU FROM GERNAL CETEGORY AND I START MY STUDY AGAIN NOW I M IN BA 1 AND MY BIRTH DATE IS 9.2.1984 I WANT TO ASK THAT WHEN MY BA COMPLETE CAN I JOIN FOR IAS STUDY MY AGE IS ALLOW ME TO DO THIS OR NOT CAN U TELL ME

25th December 2010, 10:11 PM
Unregistered

hi,
i am 26yrs old and i have done 3years diploma in electronics and comm. engg after 12th,am i eligible for IAS exam under 10 2 3 scheme.Kindly answer to this i would be very much greatful to you.
sumit

25th December 2010, 11:32 PM
babydoll

Hi!
I think you are not eligible for writting the IAS exam conducted by upsc. So you didn't get any benifit.
The age limit will be a candidate must have 21 year and must not more than 30 year. there are 5 year relaxation for the sc/st/obs students.

26th December 2010, 12:36 AM
sindhusweety

sorry you are not eligible to get into IAS exam as per the rules the age limit should be with in 21-30 years but you have the age of 45 you are eligible

26th December 2010, 02:53 AM
sureshvys

The minimum age limit is 21 years and the maximum age limit is 30 years, but there is a relaxation of

3 years if the person is backward classes

5 years if the person is belongs to SC/ST/had been domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir/

26th December 2010, 02:56 AM
SUMAN BHARADWAJ

Quote:
I khaja mahamood has completed be in mechanical & m.tech in tool engineering and my age is now 45 years can i get benifits if i get through ias exam ?
Age limit is 21-30 years as on (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories.As you have stated that your age is 45,so you can't appear for the IAS exam.

26th December 2010, 10:44 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Age limit and benefits in IAS exam?

Quote:
WELL friend,
  • Minimum education criteria = Graduate
  • How to apply:-You have to apply for UPSC (Union Public Services Commission) exam.
  • Maximum age criteria = 28yrs (for General category and I think it is 32 years for SC/ ST categories)

i am giving you a motivational or inspirational story behind IAS topper.
you must watch it once.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZjeqzGOZzs

good luck.

26th December 2010, 07:35 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

hi!

Sorry, but you can not apply for civil services exam( CSE) conducted for recruitment of IAS officers.

The age limit for appearing in CSE is as follows:
A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years.

The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable:

1. upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
2. upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
3. upto a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989.

4th February 2011, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

HELLO SIR
I MA WORKIN IN MILITARY NURSING SERVICES AND I WANT TO APPLY FOR IAS EXAM. I AM 28 YEARS OLD AND A SHORT SERVICE COMMISIONED OFFICER. I WANT TO KNOW WHETHER THERE IS ANY AGE RELAXATION FOR ME TO APPEAR AND IF YES WHAT DOCUMENTS I NEED TO PRODUCE AFTER RELEASE FROM THE SERVICE?
I SHALL BE HIGHLY OBLIGED FOR YOUR GENUINE GUIDANCE

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?