27th April 2011, 11:21 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: How to apply for engineering degree after diploma?

Dear friend,

You can apply for engineering degree after diploma through lateral entrance exam. Then you can take admission in 2nd year of engineering.

Some of the private institutions give direct admission on the basis of % of marks scored in diploma.

You can directly apply for AIEEE or IIT JEE or State level exam also, but if you are appearing through these exams then you will get admission in 1st year.

All the best...........................

Related Questions:
27th April 2011, 05:04 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to apply for engineering degree after diploma?

Hi,
an diploma student can always opt for engineering after diploma.....the process is called as lateral admission....
all you have to do is to contact the college or institute where you want to take admission .......there may me an entrance exam or the selection will be based on percentage in diploma.......
if you are applying in an university them there will be a centralized admission procedure.....where an college is allotted to a diploma students on the basis of his percentage in diploma......
so now contact nay engineering college near you for the information about appropriate admission procedure

thanks
1st May 2011, 03:09 PM
mayekarpritesh

Smile Re: How to apply for engineering degree after diploma?

Well........

From Diploma to Degree is very common in nowadays.

If you have scored 1st class in Final year of Diploma,then you will become eligible for Degree Admission.

According to cut-off list of Engineering Colleges you can take admission into Second year of degree course directly.
1st June 2011, 12:10 AM
Unregistered

i am a cbse student of 10th in few days my results will announced what will i do after 10th .what is more beneficial now a days 11 ,12 or diploma in engineering
3rd June 2011, 07:45 AM
balarmkec

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsakthivel View Post
hi,
My brother in law will finish his diploma course in this year he like to study the engineering degree in tamil nadu.
Could you please tell me how to go for further study in engineering course.
After completing diploma, you can directly join second year of engineering. For this you can join in any college by management quota or you can apply for lateral entry counselling.

All the best
21st June 2011, 12:05 PM
Unregistered

Hi. myself Amol Dilip Darade.
I am completing my diploma ( in yearly pattern ) with 58%.
Please tell me that how i can go for direct second year for degree ?
Please inform me at :: [email protected]
21st June 2011, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

we can apply the goverments callage for the enggineering after completinon of diploma?
24th July 2011, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

I AM AMAR PATIL DIPLOMA HOLDER ( 69%).WITH JOB HOW TO COMPLETE BE CIVIL ENNG & WHICH THROUGH COLLEGE PLEASE ,HELP ME.
28th August 2011, 07:33 PM
shwethachangalaray.

if u complete diploma more than 4 yrs is that able to join engineering
28th August 2011, 10:58 PM
sanju38121

after diploma you can make lateral entry in b.tech . You can do b.tech full time/part time or by distance education there are many universities which give lateral entry to b.tech after completion of diploma.
1. Thapar university patiala.
2.ptu jalandhar.
3.ksou mysore.
4.srm tamilnadu.
5.smu.
6.anamalai university.
7.chitkara university.
8.ignou.
28th August 2011, 10:58 PM
S-R-B

Dear friend

If you done diploma( 3 years or 4 years) then you can apply for a lateral entry for direct 2nd year admission to some colleges.This process is called Lateral Entry.

All you have to do is to contact the college or institute where you want to take admission ...there may me an entrance exam like JEE or the selection will be based on percentage in diploma...

Every college has some fixed seats for the diploma holders.

I think you should do B.tech in that trade in which he will be completed his diploma.
13th March 2012, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

Few days ago I heard that now after diploma from polytechnic colleges students will be able to take admission directly in 3rd year in B.E. degree college. Please tell that is this information right or wrong? If yes then kindly tell the subjects to be studied by the 3rd year students and specially for the students who come after three years diploma.
10th April 2012, 11:21 AM
Unregistered

I complete my diploma from karnatak...how can get get admission in b.e..or ..aime institute ..what r the rules for out of state diploma holders..please tell me also about the official site ..where rules r provided....please help me
4th April 2014, 01:47 PM

can this is eligible to candidates which belong from the other state and for diploma holder after metric ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?