28th June 2011, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: BITS Hyderabad Campus or VIT? Which institute is better for studying in Engineering stream?

I think BITS Hyd is better....bcoz there is no kind of management quota in BITS, and neither any reservation for SC/ST/OBC. Admissions there are purely on merit. In comparison, almost half the students in VIT are from management quota. This questions the credibility of hte students. Companies offering jobs cannot be sure whether the student in consideration is actually meritorious or not, hence the salary packages in VIT seldom exceed 7 lpa. But in case of BITS, any student studying there is bound to be meritorious bcoz of the admission procedure; there is no scope of external or internal favours. Hence the companies rest assured that they are getting the best from there. That's why the salary packages in BITS often exceeds 10 lpa. So if we have a chance at BITS, why study at VIT??
8th July 2011, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: BITS Hyderabad Campus or VIT? Which institute is better for studying in Engineering stream?

bits is much standard when compared to vit so its to get joined in bits
11th July 2011, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i got 297 i bitsat 2011 cd u plz tell me wch branch and institute i might get [btech]

You would be able to get into mech,civil and chemical in hyderabad campus and luckily you may even get into eee(electronics),but eee is not assured.....in Goa campus you can get mech,civil and electronics and instrumentation ....
15th July 2011, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

is bits hydrebad or goa better than pujab engineering college????
17th July 2011, 08:00 PM
Unregistered

Is Btech from HBTI better or integrated Msc from BITS goa or hyderabad ??????
18th July 2011, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

as of 2011, bits hyderbad campus is v
ery good and new. teaching facilities are incredibly good with intense work simulations. hostels are better than at pilani and goa. VIT IS NOT EVEN COMPARABLE WITH IT. DONT GO BY MISCONCEPIONS
18th July 2011, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

which one is better thapar university, patiala or bits hyderabad???
19th July 2011, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav poddar View Post
go for vit
bits hyderabad campus is awful and placements are worse as compared to goa and pilani bits goa is definetely much better than vit
in reply to gaurav :-bits hyderabad has its first coming out this year . Then how can you comment on its placements and salaries ?
21st July 2011, 01:29 AM
Unregistered

What would you prefer between IIT Mandi ( Mechanical Engineering ) and BITS - Hyderabad ( Electrical and Electronics engineering ), assuming that both the branches are same for me in terms of preference ?
29th July 2011, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

Hyd hasnt had placements yet and There is no update on their placements for the coming year. Ranking them based on placements is pointless.
30th July 2011, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
i heard that if a candidate carries a score of 950plus out of 1000 from de board of intermediate of andhra pradesh he will be given an admission into bits hyd...is dat so??!?!?
no. Its only if u are a board topper you are given a direct admission
5th August 2011, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

Dude..You are comparing BITS and Vit...seriously....??..i mean VIT stands nowhere in front of BITS brand.Hands down, without a thought choose BITS hyd, and i m pretty sure you won't ever regret you decision. Be it the placements, the exposure, the faculty, the flexebilities, the alumuni network , the student life and many many more arenas, Bits hyd takes an edge way above VIT.
8th August 2011, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

BITS PILANI,GOA or HYD are on anyday better than VIT. There is no comparision at all. Ofcourse the first batch students of BITS hyd(2012 pass out) are yet to pass out. But Iam sure they will come out with a bang. Goa students did the same thing 4 years back. The first thing you need to remember is the entrance exam BITSAT is lot tougher than VIT. BITS has no management quota. For example i could have got any branch in VIT but chose dual degree in BITS GOA(5yrs). Yes VIT has huge amount of infrastructure. But the student intake is also very high. The infra/student is lower than BITS HYD for sure. The placements at Goa,Pilani are better than VIT. So BITS HYD would do the same. BITS HYD over VIT any day.
11th August 2011, 09:08 AM
Senior Member+

Smile Re: BITS Hyderabad Campus or VIT? Which institute is better for studying in Engineering stream?

Quote:
which one is better thapar university, patiala or bits hyderabad???
Go for Bits Hyderabad, Guess it has allready attained maturiey as an institute by now!!! The Companies are Much better with the BITS Brand rather than VIT!

Quote:
Is Btech from HBTI better or integrated Msc from BITS goa or hyderabad ??????
As the Old Saying Goes, "Any Branch From a Good Reputed College is much preferred". Though you shall have to negotiate with your Passions and Interests a lilltle( branch wise ). And incase if you don't have any pre-occupied Thought about the Branch, Then blindly jump in to BIT's!

Quote:
is bits hydrebad or goa better than pujab engineering college????
Yes, Far Better! May be You 'll have to wait for the Placements for the next year in the BitS hyderabad Campus, But it is Predicted that They shall be coming out with Flying Colours.

Quote:
i got 297 i bitsat 2011 cd u plz tell me wch branch and institute i might get [btech]

Guess that should Suffice you! Yeah, The Cut-Off's are way back in '07, But hope you get a Rough Idea!

Quote:
hiii, i got 96% in 12th so is there any chance fr me to get admission in bits?
Yes, The Minimum % to apply for Bits is 80%. So, Guess you Should be Going...

Quote:
what about culture in vit vellore?is it ok for traditional south indian girls?
This issue has been a major Drawbackin the VIT Campus since many years. Off late The things have seemed to have changed and you shall have to confirm it with somebody already in the Insti. Personally speaking, I have heard from one My friend that they give you an option to fill in stating that they will not be responsible if the Girl gets Pregnant and Stuff!!! But this was way back in 2010. Don't know how the Scenario is now! And also the Drug Consumption or Ragging Factors were a huge rumour in the Past ragarding VIT!

But in terms of Infrastructure, i guess it is very good!

Quote:
Without writing vitsat, is there any possibility to get the seat in engeneing in VIT?
If we wont get good rank in BITSAT, but good marks in Intermediate i.e bet 80 - 90% marks is there
any possibility to get the admission in BITs Hyderabad? pl. clarify.
Admission In Bits is only Through BITSAT and there's no management Quota in there. Well, When it comes to VIT, yes you shall have to give the VITEEE exam and you can afford the Seat through Management Quota too.

Quote:
i heard that if a candidate carries a score of 950plus out of 1000 from de board of intermediate of andhra pradesh he will be given an admission into bits hyd...is dat so??!?!?
Not just a 950+, But you Will have to Be the State's Topper to get the Admission in Bits..

Quote:
SRM or VIT which is better option
VIT/SRM are both Private Institutes and VIT has a better Scope than SRM, Co i guess you better go for VIT ( in terms of Placements and Infrastructure ). Going By the Recent Study, SRM has to Ammend certain Requirements to be Carefull with its Deemed Institute Career.

Regards,

Nik
12th August 2011, 10:12 PM
Bmsri

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitendra1964 View Post
Kindly let me know which institute is better BITS Hyderabad Campus or VIT for studying in Enginnering
Its better for you to select BITS hyderabad campus because it is old and renowned university when compared to VIT.It give a lot of opportunity and the value is comparatively high after studying in BITS.my first option would be BITS the next is VIT.
Good Luck.
19th October 2011, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS ???? COMPARISON BETWEEN BITS HYDERABAD AND VIT ???????? .... BITS HYDERABAD IS WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY SUPERIOR TO VIT.... LOL ... PPL WILL LAUGH AT YOU IF U SAY VIT IS BETTER.... Though pilani campus is more matured than hyd ...hyderabad campus is also excellent...placements are going gud ryt now .... and of course ..the brand name is highly recongnised in foreign universities...its just too cool to be a bitsian ...seriously .... moreover ..the system at bits is amazing ..only those in bits wud know abt it ... and VIT COLLEGE IS UTTER NONSENSE .... !! ..ALL THEY KNOW IS TO GIVE MONEY TO MAGAZINES AND BRING UP THEIR COLLEGE ... !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ....i know abt that college ..i know abt its FACULTY .....so guys ...for heavan sake ..dont repent later...BITS HYDERABAD ...ANY DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
19th October 2011, 11:02 PM
mojojojo123

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS COMPARISON ???????????BITS HYDERABAD OWNS ANYYYYY DAY !!!!!!!!! ....ppl will laugh at u if u compare vit and bits dude !!! pilani campus may be more matured than the hyderabad campus ..but still hyderabad campus is very close to it. ... THE BITSbrand name has a very high value abroad ...and is highly recongised...more over ...the system at bits is just too awesome !! .... and the placements are curretnly going gud in bits hyd.... ! its cool to be a bitsian ...and the life in it is excellent... it scores well in all areas....except in campus size...whcih i feel is not an area of concern ..coz it has almost evrything... its not a other colleges..where 3/4th of the area is forest area :P .... bits hyderabad can be overlooked when it comes to the top 5 IITS and the pilani campus itself...after that i wud definielty sufggest bits hyd ...even over the nits ...for reasons which u cud contact me ... VIT IS campus which just uses money to publicise ....BRINGING ITSELF UP IN THE RANKINGS !...just look at the amount of advertisemtns vit gives and bits gives .... and look at the merit lvl required to get in ... so my friend...dont make the mistakwe of ur life chosing vit ahead of bits hyderabad....and mind u ..dont think bits means just the pilani campus ...hyd is way better...!!
19th October 2011, 11:46 PM
abhin91
Member+

I would prefer VIT than BITS hyderabad campus as BITS hyderabad campus comes under BITS pilani while VIT is a deemed university .
The effect of this is directly reflected in the placements record over the years of VIT as compared to BITS hyderabad campus.
20th October 2011, 12:25 PM
sheshadev senapati
Senior Member++

hi dear..../
According to me BITS Hyderabad is good choice for you because in past many survey taken and result are positive.
They provide good placement, high pay scale.
VIT is also good but if you want advice form me then I always say BITS.
So go for this.
Good luck...
thank you
20th October 2011, 04:01 PM
shrijan00

hy.
according to me if u speak of BITS hyderabad,its not as good as VIT as BITS pilani is famous not hyderabad.VIT is much famous for its campus selection and education.
20th October 2011, 06:00 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: BITS Hyderabad Campus or VIT? Which institute is better for studying in Engineering stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitendra1964 View Post
Kindly let me know which institute is better BITS Hyderabad Campus or VIT for studying in Enginnering

BITS Hyderabad or VIT

BITS (Birla Institute of Technology and Science) is considered to be one of the most prominent colleges in India for engineering..

There is a separate entrance test for admissions into the college known as BITSAT..

The level of teaching and the infrastructure in BITS Hyderabad is really good..

The most important thing for you to know is that BITS has a really good placement record and the average salaries in the on-campus placement are really better than what you can get in any other college..

VIT (Vellore Institute of Technology) on the other hand is also a very good college but when compared with BITS..VIT lags behind in ranking and to some extent in terms of the level of teaching also..

Moreover,the starting salaries in VIT are comparatively less than BITS

The most important difference between both the institutes is the environment you get in the campus..

In BITS,you get a really good study environment..perhaps better than in VIT

The final decision if for you to take now..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
5th November 2011, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

i want to know placements in bits hyderabad
6th November 2011, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down Re: BITS Hyderabad Campus or VIT? Which institute is better for studying in Engineering stream?

It has been only three and a hal years when bits hyd was set up how could ur friends study in it?
8th December 2011, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

WHICH IS BETTER BITSAT OR VIT OR NIT
10th January 2012, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

hi............ am rajesh.k am complted DME (DIMLOMA MECHANICAL ENGG) IN 2009-2011, am eligible or NOT BITSAT 2012 IF eligible. how to prepare....!
5th May 2012, 06:45 PM
ghoulrider

Quote:
I think BITS Hyd is better....bcoz there is no kind of management quota in BITS, and neither any reservation for SC/ST/OBC. Admissions there are purely on merit. In comparison, almost half the students in VIT are from management quota. This questions the credibility of hte students. Companies offering jobs cannot be sure whether the student in consideration is actually meritorious or not, hence the salary packages in VIT seldom exceed 7 lpa. But in case of BITS, any student studying there is bound to be meritorious bcoz of the admission procedure; there is no scope of external or internal favours. Hence the companies rest assured that they are getting the best from there. That's why the salary packages in BITS often exceeds 10 lpa. So if we have a chance at BITS, why study at VIT??
';,';,
11th May 2012, 03:08 PM
ab7777

Quote:
wat do u think iit bombay is better or bits pilani???
IIT Bombay is a better university if compared to BITS pilani. IITs are known all over the world for the bachelor's courses and offer incomparable exposure to students. Also, there is no match for the campus placements that IITs have on offer. Among all the IITs, IIT-Bombay is right there on top.
BITS is a good university as well, features in the top 10 best colleges of your country but is no match to the IITs.
11th May 2012, 03:11 PM
ab7777

Quote:
hiii, i got 96% in 12th so is there any chance fr me to get admission in bits?
Unless you are a board topper, you cannot get direct admission into BITS. However, you are eligible to apply for BITSAT exam which is the entrance exam to take admission into BITS pilani, goa and hyderabad. Good luck to you and congratulations on scoring 96%
11th May 2012, 03:12 PM
ab7777

Quote:
except for cse, you can get all the courses in BITS goa campus and also BITS hyderabad campus. However, you ay not get admission in BITS pilani with 297 marks in BITSAT. Good luck
7th June 2012, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

i have got admission in CSC at Amrita Coimbatore. I may get Duel course in BITS Hyd for my rank.
But steam i can get only depending uopn my CGPA if first year. So one year of uncertainty. Should i joint Amrita or take up BITS HYD dual. What are my chanmces of getting CSC after one year.
7th June 2012, 07:44 PM
lakshmi dhana

Bits is well and good than vit...in many aspects like placement,education,campus,technicians,disciple,et c,,kindly i request you to put your foot forward to bits...,.for more details about the campus , you can visit http://www.bits-hyderabad.ac.in and http://www.vit.ac.in ....
best of luck!!!
cheers
10th June 2012, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

Dude, do u really compare BITS with any other than IITs.. Ask the companies, man. BITS is a brand no matter what campus it is. I'm from BITS Pilani, Hyd Campus. I suggest you to go there if u hv got no better choice than VIT. Though, Pilani is always preferred, Goa and Hyd rank equivalent.
At 298, u can get CSE in goa as well as in Hyd. And believe me if u are just gud enough, u'll land with no less than a seven digit figure when u get placed, CSE doing the best in placements in any and all branches of BITS..
Gud Luck.
12th June 2012, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

i may get dual degree in BITS .But i got ECE in VIT.Tell me which campus can i choose?
14th June 2012, 08:51 AM
tl.com

hi dear friend ,
i will recommend you bits pilani - hyderabad in comparison to vit , vellore as bits name is too much for attracting good companies .

vit stands higher in ranking than bits-hyderabad but don't go for that since they donate too much amounts to such magazines (it's the truth of ranking).

the campus is also good enough to study ( but not to wander ) in hyderabad and also i wan't to mark that rules are too strict in vit (almost like a jail ) .

but as you have asked about the campus , so , i will let you know that vit has green , sprawling , and well oriented campus than bits hyderabad but bits is campus is also a good one .

i will emphasize more on the branch of your interest , since all these things doesn't matters if you are not getting a good branch in these colleges but you must go for the best .

so , i single handedly , recommend you bits pilani hyderabad campus rather than vit if you are getting good branch and of your interest at bits .

for more details about the campus , you can visit http://www.bits-hyderabad.ac.in and http://www.vit.ac.in ....

thank you
14th June 2012, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

sir,
mit manipal is better or bits hyderabad?
15th June 2012, 12:22 AM
guruvana244

definitely bits going to be your best choice because all the rules and regulations framed by bits hyderabad produce a well knowledged and good engineer who is important for a country like india

yea vit is ok!! but not that good as bits because it has good rules and principles as bits hyderabad but the implementation all those rules and regulations is not that good the student has a chance to get ruined in his career because of bad seniors this is the bad remark on that college from past 5 years ..ragging is comparitively very high in VIT than in BITS hyderabad

all the best

15th June 2012, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

i got 294 in bitsat 2012 could you plz tell me which branch & campus i might get for b.tech.i got 97 % in cbse 12th std. couslng
@ vit is over & i got my favrit mech in vit .wat i want to do?
22nd June 2012, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

RVCE Bangalore with 1 lack per year or BITS hyderabad with 2 lacs per year? which is better?
22nd June 2012, 11:21 PM
babu91

hello dear friend ,
i will recommend you bits pilani - hyderabad in comparison to vit , vellore as bits name is too much for attracting good companies .

vit stands higher in ranking than bits-hyderabad but don't go for that since they donate too much amounts to such magazines (it's the truth of ranking).

the campus is also good enough to study ( but not to wander ) in hyderabad and also i wan't to mark that rules are too strict in vit (almost like a jail ) .

but as you have asked about the campus , so , i will let you know that vit has green , sprawling , and well oriented campus than bits hyderabad but bits is campus is also a good one .

i will emphasize more on the branch of your interest , since all these things doesn't matters if you are not getting a good branch in these colleges but you must go for the best .

so , i single handedly , recommend you bits pilani hyderabad campus rather than vit if you are getting good branch and of your interest at bits .

for more details about the campus , you can visit http://www.bits-hyderabad.ac.in and http://www.vit.ac.in ....

best of luck!!!

thank you dear
23rd June 2012, 09:53 AM
jyoti91

Hi dear friend ,

best of luck!!!

thank you
27th June 2012, 09:30 AM
Unregistered

i am getting dual degree's in bits and ece in vit vellore
where shlould i go?????
2nd July 2012, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

I am getting a dual degree in bits hyderabad should i take it or should i drop an year and try again.
2nd July 2012, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

sir,i have completed inter 2nd year and have already qualified in bits am i eligible if i write improvement exams
11th July 2012, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

how are the placements at BITS Hyderabad Campus for ME-Civil & Structure in terms of placements???
11th July 2012, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

How are the placements at BITS Hyderabad Campus??
11th July 2012, 06:38 PM
bhushan2016

How are the placements at BITS Hyderabad Campus for ME - Civil & Structures Engineering?
14th July 2012, 01:21 AM
Unregistered

Angry Re: BITS Hyderabad Campus or VIT? Which institute is better for studying in Engineering stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav poddar View Post
go for vit
bits hyderabad campus is awful and placements are worse as compared to goa and pilani bits goa is definetely much better than vit
hi gaurav poddar,
I feel like what you said is 100% wrong.before telling the placements are awful for hyderabad campus of bits,you should have thought about the no. of batches coming out from the campus.It's only the first batch of bits-h.anyways you cannot expect the placements and average salary of VIT to be as good as BITS-H.
I strongly say that you shouldn't give such stupid suggestions before knowing everything....
14th July 2012, 01:28 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Bits Hyd is Different from BIts pilani..BIts pilani is ofcourse better..but bits hyd is very new and they havent had any placements yet...this is the first year they are going to have placements..VIT is better for sure excellent placements and great campus...
you are only saying that BITS-H haven't yet given any placements.Then how can you say that VIT is better than BITS-H???????!!!!!!!!
17th July 2012, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

vit cse or bits goa or hyderabad m.sc tech IS which is better for doing MS or MBA or placements
13th August 2012, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
You guys must be crazy to even compare BITS with VIT. BITS is way too ahead in all respects
Lol.. I agree.. Nuts to be evn comparing..
Bits Hyderabad isn't a separate institute.. It is Bits pilani hyderabad campus.. N when the degrees are awarded to people, it mentions only bits pilani as the institute..

Rankings are given to universities and not to individual campuses.. That's y bits hyderabad has no ranking and is considered as Bits pilani while being ranked , coz its a daughter campus..

N ranking wise, bits pilani is way ahead.. in the top 10 every year since its inception...
The average salary of the first batch of students of bits pilani hyderabad campus is itself 7.5 lakhs per year which vit has not even reached after so many years as it is below 5.5 lakhs..

N to the idiot who asked how to get 300 in bitsat.. The only way is hard-work.. If people had shortcuts, why would they put so much effort.. ???
I myself am a bits pilani student.. So i know..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?