29th February 2012, 07:04 AM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

Default Re: When to start taking coaching for ias examinitation after 12th?

Dear friend
The preparation for IAS needs your complete devotion to it. If you are interested in preparing during your graduation then you just start from General Studies. ie. Read newspapers and magazines for current affairs. You can read ncert sst books 8-10 standard. But don't think about covering whole the syllabus of UPSC. Once you cover a significant part of GS then you can start covering up optional subjects. Step by step work lasts long.
29th February 2012, 07:01 PM
michael_scofield

There is no specific stream that you have to choose after 10th in order to become an IAS officer.
So you can take any stream that you wanted to and the stream in which you have interest.

And you have to first complete the graduation because the minimum educational qualification needed for the IAS is Graduation in any field from any recognized University.

THE STAGE OF SELECTION:

1)CIVIL SERVICES APTITUDE TEST
2)MAINS EXAM
3)PERSONAL INTERVIEW

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR THE EXAM IS:

1)You must be an INDIAN Citizen

2)Your educational qualification must be a graduation in any field from any recognized University.

3)If you are in the final year of graduation then also you are eligible for the exam.

4)Your age must be between 21 years to 30 years.

Relaxation for the Reserved categories
FOR SC/ST : 5 years
FOR OBC : 3 years
5)NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS:
FOR GENERAL CATEGORY: 4 Attempts
FOR SC/ST CATEGORY : No limit
FOR OBC CATEGORY : 7 attempts

APPLICATION FORM: You can fill it online or Offline.The Application form is free for reserved categories.The Cost of Application form is Rs 100/ only.

To fill the form you can check the website www.upsconline.nic.in or you can buy it from the designated post offices across the country.

->THE LIST OF SUBJECTS WHICH ARE OPTIONAL ARE:

GOOD LUCK.
17th April 2012, 04:01 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

Smile Re: When to start taking coaching for ias examinitation after 12th?

If you start preparation from first year itself, you will not find enough time to concentrate on your studies which sometime may result in the decrease of academic percentage.

Anyway keep this thing in mind that from this year onwards the IAS pattern has slightly changed.

Previously the exam pattern will be
-Preliminary exam followed by
-Main exam

But from this year onwards, the preliminary exam is replaced by Aptitude test. As per this aptitude test, you have to appear for 2 objective type papers having special emphasis on testing their aptitude for civil services as well as on ethical and moral dimension of decision making. The combination of two papers will be together are called as CSAT -Civil Services Aptitude Test.

Anyway no changes were made under main examination.
28th April 2012, 11:04 PM
Unregistered

i m in 2nd year of enginnering...i want to strat ias classes at spipa.can i join???pls do reply pls its my dream to become ias officer..
8th June 2012, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare for spipa entrance exams?plz tell me books & syllabus...plz help me...
8th June 2012, 08:35 PM
tl.com

hi dear friend,
Yes you can start the preparation from the 1st year of your graduation but my suggestion is to start the preparation from the middle of second year because one year coaching will be more than enough if you make the full advantage of coaching in that one year.

If you start preparation from first year itself, you will not find enough time to concentrate on your studies which sometime may result in the decrease of academic percentage.

Anyway keep this thing in mind that from this year onwards the IAS pattern has slightly changed.

Previously the exam pattern will be
-Preliminary exam followed by
-Main exam

But from this year onwards, the preliminary exam is replaced by Aptitude test. As per this aptitude test, you have to appear for 2 objective type papers having special emphasis on testing their aptitude for civil services as well as on ethical and moral dimension of decision making. The combination of two papers will be together are called as CSAT -Civil Services Aptitude Test.

Anyway no changes were made under main examination.
thank you
17th July 2012, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

is there any coaching class for ias exam in (neemuch )a small city of M P
27th July 2012, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

Dear All,

My sister is completed his 12th and she also a keen of IAS. but we all r don't knw how to start there career in IAS. I read everythng please anyone can help me. Is there any coaching classes in delhi itself and she is a ART stream. What was the main subject she has to be taken for there IAS exam please help me dear frnds.

Shilpa Negi
1st September 2012, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

i am s.y.bba(third sem) student.which time to start preparation for ias & which books.
18th May 2013, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

best caoching class for ias in jaipur????
19th January 2014, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

Hello ....I m in frst year bcom ...my aim is to become an IAS officer....from when to start cochings for prepration .....
Plz tell me some good ias institutes to take coaching ....?
Thnx
21st January 2014, 10:00 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

As you are pursuing final year of B.Com course, it will be the right time for you to prepare for IAS.

In order to be placed in IAS, you have to crcak civil services exam. This exam is being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) once in a year.

By cracking this exam, the candidate is eligible to be placed in various civil services like
Indian Administrative Service
Indian Police Service
Indian Foreign Service etc.

The complete selection procedure would involve
Civil Services Aptitude Test
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

The eligibility that is required for the candidates to apply for this exam will be

Completion of Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.

Candidates who are pursuing final year exams of Graduation can also apply for this exam but they should be able to show the proof of passing in Graduation when they appear for Interview

Age criteria will be
21-30 years for General category.
21-33 years for OBC category.
21-35 years for SC or ST category.

As you are pursuing B.Com course, it would be better for you to opt for
Economics or
Commerce as the optional subject.

Have good preparation for the exam and crack it.

Wish you all the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?