19th January 2013, 07:48 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Standard books to prepare for GATE exam if I am not taking any GATE coaching?

hii i am a mechanical 3rd year student ,please suggest me that how should i do self prepartion for gate 2014,and score good marks in it,as i am intereting in doing job in psu's.

Related Questions:
20th May 2013, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Standard books to prepare for GATE exam if I am not taking any GATE coaching?

hi.i am cse 3rd year.can u plz suggest best books to crack gate exam.plz mail to [email protected] some study materials.tanq.
21st May 2013, 06:20 PM
s m samy
Member+

Standard books to prepare for GATE exam

9th August 2013, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

please post the syllabi of Instrumentation engineering and also the necessary books to prepare for the exam which would be sufficient even if coaching isn't taken.
11th August 2013, 10:46 PM
Cholleti Niranjan

Location: I lived in my own village palivela,Nalgonda district ,andrapradesh.

You can prepare for GATE exam without coaching by following instructions.
1.First get full details about exam pattern and depth of subjects through various web sites and senior and experts.
2.Get the syllabus for the GATE
3.Collect important books for the exam and study materials,question banks.
4.In gate exam mostly they are concentrating on the basic knowledge in the subjects. So mostly concentrate on the basics of the subject and try to solve some model questions.
5.In the gate aptitude also have some marks.So don't neglect aptitude,get some materials for aptitude and try to solve them.
6.In gate questions from mathematics are quite easy compared to other subjects.So try to solve as many math questions as possible in the exam.
ALL THE BEST
18th August 2013, 10:32 AM
Cholleti Niranjan

Location: I lived in my own village palivela,Nalgonda district ,andrapradesh.

Hello friend,
GATE(graduate aptitude test in engineering ) is entrance exam for MTech.It was conducted every year any of the IIT'S of India.The qualification to appear in the exam is bachelor degree in engineering or students who are in final year of their BTech are also eligible for the exam.
You can write the exam without coaching also.,If you have good grasping power and if you have interest.You can crack the exam by following tips.
---Get to know the details of the exam and minimum marks to qualify in that exam
------Get to know which books are good to prepare for the GATE exam.Collect these books from your senior or some libraries or download from some website like Booksboom.com.
-------In the gate mostly they are concentrating on the basics.Instead of reading everything depth,concentrate more on the basics so that you can confuse in the exam and you can answer more questions.
------In the gate question from mathematics are quite easy compared to other subjects.So practice maths such a way to answer all questions.
------In the gate question from aptitude also playing a key role.Aroud 10-15 marks are coming from aptitude so don't neglect aptitude and verbal communication.
ALL THE BEST
19th August 2013, 06:33 PM
Meanyu

Dear friend,
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all-India i.e., a national level examination which is conducted by eight zones such as One Indian Institute of Science(IISc),Bangalore and the Seven IITs(Bombay,Kharagpur,Kanpur,Guahati,Roorkee,Madra s,Delhi)

Tips:

1:According to me, maintain a time table to allow yourself to devote minimum6-8hrs per day for the GATE.

2: Then try to collect the base or main material of any subject.

3:.Study the Syllabus

4: Try to solve the Previous questions papers

5: Try to solve more and more problems,

6: Try to discover more and more new own tricks by which you can easily solve any problem in a less time.

7: You can go for self tests.

Thanks
22nd October 2013, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare for gate exam without coaching please someone tell me how to prepare n which are the recommend standard books for GATE computer Science.
24th June 2014, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

I have secured 79th rank(GEN) in WBJEE2014.Please suggest me which stream I should take for a bright future.If I take Electronics, is it possible that after 4 or 6 years the popularity of the stream comes down and create a jobless situation?
17th December 2014, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

I want to appear for GATE 2015 I dont find reference books regading ENGINEERING SCIENCES Will u please provide references regarding atleast FLUID MECHANICS, THERMODYNAMICS,MATERIAL SCIENCE
21st August 2015, 07:14 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Hello Friend...

No, it is not compulsory to join the coaching for GATE exam.. if you can prepare yourself you can prepare it yourself..but you have to work hard yourself..

Coaching centre just provides you a proper path in which you have to follow.. and the rest thing is totally depends upon you how much time will you spend in self study..

So you can prepare for GATE exam without coaching.. Following are the points you have to keep in mind while preparation:
--firstly try to sort out your weak areas and try to grasp it as much as possible and clear your basics too....
--solve much questions as you can..
--join a test series which evaluate your performance..
--try to read some standard books as it clears your concepts and make you to think critical..

All the best..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?