12th July 2012, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Career and placements in mechanical engineering?

is mechanical engineering good course now a days?please give a few suggestions abt dis course bcz i am fresher nw.

Related Questions:
  1. Career and placements in mechanical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Which branch will i get in Main Campus after 170 in SRMEE? Can i get CS branch? What will be my expected rank?
  3. How is the placement in Mechanical Engineering stream? How many companies offer placement to Mechanical engineers? -- [New]
  4. Opportunities for girls in mechanical engineering branch?
  5. Colleges, eligibility criteria, fee structure and placements for Mechanical Engineering(GME course) in abroad?
  6. Automobile Engineering or Mechanical Engineering for a good career?
  7. How can I make my career as CS with mechanical engineering background
  8. Government sector jobs vs Private sector jobs after B.E. in mechanical engineering?
  9. Which are the career options for me other than M.Tech course having completed Mechanical Engineering?
  10. How is LPU for M.Tech in Mechanical engineering? Courses offered and placements?
  11. How to pursue career in the field of marine engineering? I am doing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineeirng
  12. After doing B.tech in Mechanical engineering should I go for PG courses in the same stream or MBA?
  13. Where should I do my MS after completing mechanical engineering?
  14. Is Hindustan university, Chennai a good place to study mechanical engineering?
  15. Should I go for ME after BE? Best company/industry for Mechanical engineers?
  16. Will it a be a smart choice to go for PG in Mechanical Engineering after B.Tech in Textile Technology?
  17. What are the career options after graduation in mechanical engineering?
  18. Best course after completing diploma in Mechanical engineering to get good placement with high salary?
12th July 2012, 10:25 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear..........
The list of jobs which can be done after mechanical engineering..........

Good luck...........
19th July 2012, 09:50 PM
savan kumar chaitanya

Mechanical engineering is one of the oldest branches of engineering. It is also referred to as the ‘mother’ branch of engineering. Another appealing feature of mechanical engineering is that the application base of this field of study is extremely broad and diverse. Almost all inventions during the ancient period and a vast majority in the modern era are direct contributions of one or the other application of mechanics.

Traditionally, mechanical engineers have to deal with concepts such as mechanics, thermodynamics, robotics, kinematics, structural analysis, fluid mechanics and many others. These concepts are applied in the process of designing state-of-the-art manufacturing units, different types of motor vehicles, aircraft and aerospace parts and a vast assortment of industrial machinery. Mechanical engineers also contribute in the development of various engines, power plant equipment, heating and cooling systems and other simple and complex machinery. Mechanical engineers not only design new mechanical systems but they are also responsible for testing,
Mechanical engineering is one of the oldest branches of engineering. It is also referred to as the ‘mother’ branch of engineering. Another appealing feature of mechanical engineering is that the application base of this field of study is extremely broad and diverse. Almost all inventions during the ancient period and a vast majority in the modern era are direct contributions of one or the other application of mechanics.

Traditionally, mechanical engineers have to deal with concepts such as mechanics, thermodynamics, robotics, kinematics, structural analysis, fluid mechanics and many others. These concepts are applied in the process of designing state-of-the-art manufacturing units, different types of motor vehicles, aircraft and aerospace parts and a vast assortment of industrial machinery. Mechanical engineers also contribute in the development of various engines, power plant equipment, heating and cooling systems and other simple and complex machinery. Mechanical engineers not only design new mechanical systems but they are also responsible for testing,

you can get job in various posts like-

Account Manager
Adv. Manufacturing Engineer
Analyst
Coding Scientist
Design Engineer
Development Engineer
Director of Prototyping
Engineer
Engineer Designer
Engineer Trainee
Engineer/Estimator
Engineering Assistant
Engineering Technician
Engineering Trainee
Line Technology
28th May 2013, 02:22 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

HI

Mechanical engineering is a core engineering and often considered as the best engineering.
It provide a very good placement even when the country is in recession.

You will be working in a good firm PSU or private after doing mechanical engineering
Some good mechanical engineering company you would like to work

- BARC
- NPCIL
- HPCL
- IOCL
- BPCL
- NTPC
- BHEL
- ONGC
- SAIL
- EIL
- MARUTI SUZUKI
etc

better appear for GATE and try to get absorb in some good PSU

All the best
8th June 2013, 02:11 AM
Unregistered

is bharti vidyapith a good cllge to tke admissin in ???
2nd August 2013, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by VINODH PANCHAPAKESAN View Post
Yes ofcourse..Everything is mechanical only. Wherever you study Mechanical Engineering, you can get job. Its not only IITs,NITs,BITS,VIT. Even now, Mechanical is being given higher preference next to ECE and CS in Anna University Counselling. So, dont worry and do mechanical in any college where good companies are visiting for campus placements. All the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if there r know placements in the clg where i hav completed my mech grad then..what ...cn v get jobs..?????
5th August 2013, 12:28 AM
Unregistered

what should i prefer civil or mechanical..plztell me .
6th August 2013, 01:59 AM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

HI

both the fields are good.

Earlier, civil was bit down but with time its condition has improved alot and as the infrastructure sector is improving, you can expect good salary after doing Civil from good engineering college.

Mechanical is ever green branch. You will get good placement if you do it from good college

in short, it depends on your interest and kind of future you want, both are good, both are core engineering and both pay you good and has good future.

all the best
19th March 2014, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

I m in 3 red yr of Mech, but 2 time fail in fe, so I want opportunity to join. any suggestions for me?
10th April 2015, 12:17 PM
AFROZ CHOWKI

Hell friend,there are many job opportunities as a mechanical engineer.
Career options like,
*manager in forging companies.
*supervisor in manufacturing industries.
*manager in machining,production industries.
Placements
in forging copanies in india or in foreign has wide range of placements.
31st July 2015, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

Production engineer in Allena Auto Industries Pvt. Ltd., Mohali and Sales & Service engineer Punjab at Ratnagiri impex pvt

i have required a Mechanical engineering job
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?