15th August 2013, 03:55 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?

Hi sir
I am a girl and I want to go for merchant navy ... cn I am eligible .. if I have cmpletd my 12 with pcm and then graduation degree in BBA...... ? ?
15th August 2013, 09:46 PM
vaibhav joshte

Default Re: Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?

yes you can join in merchant neavy you just have to pass 12 with pcm then your age should be under of 21year if you are in caste there will a advantage to you . Then you have to pass it's entrance exam
15th August 2013, 10:32 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

Yes you can go for merchant navy after passing of your 12th

It is 4 years course conducted by plenty of institution overall India

You have to qualify entrance test and then they will join you as a engineer

This engineering is known as marine engineering

This is 4 years regular course ..after completion of course

The notifications will be released by Indian navy

So you can apply and go for merchant navy

This is the entire process of joining in merchant navy

good luck....
16th August 2013, 12:15 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend.........

Eligibility of Merchant Navy:

1. You should have completed 12th with PCM.

2. Only umarried candidates are eligible.

3. The age limit is 20 years.

4. SC and ST can apply till 25 years.

5. You will have to pass a medical test.

6. Physical requirements will have to be met such as at least 5 feet height, 6/6 vision etc.

All the best...........
16th August 2013, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

Sri. Mera nam sachingupta hai. 12th pass PCB se 62.3% m want to joinmerchant navy ! is it possible tatm eligible for merchant navy!plz rply me n suggest d bstcourse n institute!
16th August 2013, 05:42 PM
4wc ee
Member+

Special Friend...

>> An applicant needs to have finished their

twelfth std. together with PCM From Established board....

>> Day of Pick probably should not really exist 21 several years

>> Only Single Mens can put on for the purpose of it....

>> Nationality regarding India......

And so, Allow me to say almost all finish the twelfth then you're qualified for it...

All the best

many thanks
16th August 2013, 08:08 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I am Aniket Tripathi the student of class 12,my subjects are Maths,Commerce,Accounts,English,Computer want to ask you that can I join merchant navy? If yes then please tell the requirements of joinig merchant navy and how can i join merchant navy? Please tell me the way of joining merchant navy.

Hi,

You can join Merchant Navy, by doing Marine engineering or by doing B.Sc. Nautical Sciences.

Marine engineering can be done through entrance exam.

You will have to qualify ISEET or MERI

Eligibility criteria for ISEET ~~

You must have completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Maths.

To get admission, you should have 40% minimum in ISEET exam.

You should be unmarried.

Your eyesight must be 6/6 and there should be no colour blindness or night blindness.

But, you don't fulfil the eligibility criteria as you have not studied Physics, chemistry and Maths in 12th, due to which you cannot apply for this exam.
10th September 2013, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

sir, i am rachit . My eyes are week.then i can eligible for merchant navy
11th September 2013, 10:59 AM
A.prashanth yadav

DEAR FRIEND

Yes, You can join in Indian Navy with your 12th standard

but, first you can crack the NDA Examination

NDA stands for National Defense Academy

This Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission in yearly twice

i.e.

NDA - I

&

NDA - II

NDA have 3 wings

Indian Air Force

Indian Navy

Indian Army

Eligibility Criteria:

For any top job in Merchant Navy related to navigational and engineering fields , candidates are required to pursue courses Bachelors course in Nautical science or Marine engineering.

The minimum eligibility is 12th from recognised board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as the subjects.

You will also have to pass medical fitness test. Other physical requirements include eyesight 6/6 with no colour blindness.

Candidate must be unmarried. This rule is same for both male and female.

Direct entry to Merchant Navy

It is also possible to get direct entry to the Merchant Navy through following ways:-

You can get job of Deck Cadets if completed 12th board with PCM as the subjects.

Candidates who have completed B.Tech in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Technology can get job in Merchant navy for the posts of Engine Cadet/ Fifth Engineer/ Junior Engineer.

Candidates who have got direct entry for deck cadets are required to go through basic pre-sea training which is generally arranged by the recruiting company. On the other hand those who got direct entry for Engineering cadets jobs should do 9 months long Pre-sea course in Marine Engineering from MERI.

PAY

Salary is one thing that you don't need to worry about in Merchant Navy. The salary starts from Rs 12,000 and could go up to Rs 8 Lakhs. It depends on your job and company to company. Mainly foreign vessels pay better than Indian companies. Some senior officers are also allowed to bring their wives on the journey/

best of luck!!!!!!!!!
29th September 2013, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

how can apply for merchant navy after 12th std?
1st October 2013, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir,i.am Animesh Debnath the student of class 12,my subjects are mathematics,geography,economics,english want to ask you that can i join merchent navy??? If yes please tell me how can i join merchent navy??? If i joining the merchent navy how much sallary they give me after clas 12 ???please tell me the way of joining merchent navy.....
15th October 2013, 09:52 AM
Unregistered

Post Re: Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?

sir
I am commerce student I can join merchant navy
8th December 2013, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

iamsiddhant garg and my friend nimish agarwal ask one question what processor to join merchant navy
15th January 2014, 08:10 PM
lata kasaudhan

Quote:
Hello sir, I am Aniket Tripathi the student of class 12,my subjects are Maths,physics,chemistry,English,Computer want to ask you that can I join merchant navy? If yes then please tell the requirements of joinig merchant navy and how can i join merchant navy? Please tell me the way of joining merchant navy.
please tell me about me
18th January 2014, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

[CHURU=Hello sir, I am VINOD BHAMBHU the student of class 12,my subjects are Maths,Chemestry,physics,English,Hindi want to ask you that can I join merchant navy? If yes then please tell the requirements of joinig merchant navy and how can i join merchant navy? Please tell me the way of joining merchant navy.
19th January 2014, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

Is there any height criteria to join marchant navy pls reply
3rd February 2014, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

how can i join navy after diploma in mechanical what is the procedure or exam and physical requirement or any entrence exam before joining merchant navy
4th February 2014, 01:08 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hello sir, I am Aniket Tripathi the student of class 12,my subjects are Maths,Commerce,Accounts,English,Computer want to ask you that can I join merchant navy? If yes then please tell the requirements of joinig merchant navy and how can i join merchant navy? Please tell me the way of joining merchant navy.
Dear Friend,
Yes you are eligible to join merchant navy. Merchant navy can be joined after class 10 or 12th. After class 10th you can join it as seaferar. After passing class 12th you can join as an officer through various degree and diploma courses.

Eligibility criteria : [LIST=1][*]Only unmarried male and female candidate whose age is between 16 to 25 years can apply. [*]Candidates should be physically and mentally fit. Eyesight 6/6 without glasses and no color Blindness.[LIST=1]
Cources to Join Merchant Navy :[LIST=1][*]Pre Sea Training.[*]Deck Cadet- For this course candidate should has opt Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in class 12th.

thank you...
4th February 2014, 07:55 AM
capt v.k anand

Quote:
please sir can you give me all the requirement and certificates that are needed for applying for MERCHANT NAVY with an height of 5.6 after passing 12th?
yes just send your complete c.v with copy of your educational qualfication to ([email protected])
4th February 2014, 08:39 AM
capt v.k anand

Quote:
yes for complete details send your c.v to ([email protected]).
6th February 2014, 07:18 PM
vijaygoswami91

Hello sir, I am vijay goswami the student of class 12,my subjects are Maths,Commerce,Accounts,English,Computer want to ask you that can I join merchant navy after 12th and how If yes then please tell the requirements of joinig merchant navy and how can i join merchant navy? Please tell me the way of joining merchant navy.[/QUOTE]
17th February 2014, 07:32 AM
Unregistered

sir may 12th pcm se pash kiya hai may thish coorsh kar sakta hau kya mobeil nombur- 08923317860
4th March 2014, 10:52 PM
Unregistered

sir I m shivam Singh and now I am giving exam of std 12 and my subjects are physics,chemistry,maths sir plzzzzz tell me what should I do. my email id. [email protected]
22nd March 2014, 11:15 PM
Unregistered

Sir/mam. This year i m going to give the board exams(12th)
.m i able to join merchant nany with having pcb? or there is any post for biology candets?
23rd March 2014, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

Lightbulb Re: Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?

Hello sir, I am baldev singh rathore the student of class 12,my subjects are Maths in science want to ask you that can I join merchant navy? If yes then please tell the requirements of joinig merchant navy and how can i join merchant navy? Please tell me the way of joining merchant navy please tell me this course
23rd March 2014, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, I am baldev singh rathore the student of class 12,my subjects are Maths in science want to ask you that can I join merchant navy? If yes then please tell the requirements of joinig merchant navy and how can i join merchant navy? Please tell me the way of joining merchant navy please tell me this course
24th March 2014, 06:49 PM
Unregistered

hello i am Ravi singh diplom civeil engg kr skta hu .my id [email protected] plz tell ans
25th March 2014, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

I am a born of 1988, graduate in BCA and married. Can i join merchant navy?
8th April 2014, 11:01 AM
Unregistered

Sir,
I am rakesh didwania studying in class 12 nd my age is 20 ,am i eligible for merchamt navy.my email id is
[email protected]
12th April 2014, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

i m kirti bhatnagar. how can i go in ,merchant navy.i completed b.sc .let me know all details on [email protected]
29th April 2014, 12:05 PM
Unregistered

can I join merchant navy aftr passing diploma in computer engineering with 60 percent. .?
what is requirement..?
13th May 2014, 11:42 AM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Merchant Navy is a great career option after 12th, it is perfect for those who love travelling, adventure, interested in seeing new places and meeting new people. In this profession you will travel around the world and that too free of cost. There is also 2 years Higher National Diploma (HND) in Nautical Science. Candidates should be 10+2 PCM and age limit for the course is 25 years. The one year Diploma course in Nautical Science require candidates who have passed class 12 with minimum 55 per cent and with Physics, chemistry and maths. There are 4 months Deck Cadet Course and 4 years Degree course in Marine Engineering. In both courses, candidates have to be class 12 pass and age limit is 25 years.
20th May 2014, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

sir, anyone can tell me this what percentage need to join merchant navy in PCM?????????
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW PERCENTAGE????????
22nd May 2014, 09:23 AM
Unregistered

sir,
My friend has been completed 2 with 54%.Is he eligible for joining , merchant navy?
5th June 2014, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

I pass 12th std in 51.27% can I joined merchant navy
Where is best places in mumbai to joint....
8th June 2014, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

YA I M COMPLETEING 12th AND WE GOT 58.34%
WE CAN APPLY JOB IN MERCHANT NAVY,WHAT IS REWUIREMENT?
PLEASE TELL ME
29th June 2014, 11:28 AM
shwetashandil

i passed my plus two class from medical strem .. so i want jobs in navy so please i requested you give me informations ..
7th August 2014, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?

I got 47% in puc and i want to joun NAVY. so i can join and What are the requrirements and percentage of marks required to join merchant navy.
20th August 2014, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

I join merchant have after pass b tach, in macanecal engineer 65%.what is the requirement.
24th August 2014, 01:12 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have completed my Btech ece please tell me is there any scope in merchant navy. If yes then what is the process. Thanks.. Please provide me detail on my email id [email protected]
2nd September 2014, 12:59 AM
Unregistered

my hight is 5.3.weight 38 kg with clear eye sight.i am a 12std student.i want to join merchat navy.my stream is pure science.subjects are math, phs ,chm,bio,bng,eng.wbse bord.can i join navy?and plz tell me about the type of questions..is it mcq test?
12th September 2014, 03:45 AM
Unregistered

Hi,I'am Chirag.I want to join merchant navy.I have passed H.S.C from commerce stream
18th September 2014, 12:39 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir.
Can I joine indian navy after completing my 12..
I have taken maths.it.commerce.
If yes then what is the procedure..
Thankyou.
13th November 2014, 11:07 PM
Monu DubeyUnregistered

Post Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?

Hello sir, I am Monu Dubey the student of class 12,my subjects are Maths,physics,chemistry,English, want to ask you that can I join merchant navy? If yes then please tell the requirements of joinig merchant navy and how can i join merchant navy? Please tell me the way of joining merchant navy.
14th November 2014, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

I am a 12th passed student with pcm having 87% from cbse now i want to join navy engineering .i have no idea of it plz tell.. .
3rd December 2014, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

Hw much percentage is required in HSC(science) to join merchant Navy? After having laser operation of eyes is it possible to join merchant Navy?
15th December 2014, 03:39 PM
Ankit Mourya

Default Re: Can I join Merchant Navy after passing Bsc 2nd year? What is the requirement?

Quote:
What are the requrirements and percentage of marks required to join merchant navy.
Hi
Sir
I am Ankit kumar
My subject [PCM]
10th=62%
12th=73%
Bsc 1st year =53%
With [PCM]
Please tel me sir
20th January 2015, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

IS THERE ANY GOVT. INSTITUTES OF MERCHANT NAVY?
IF YES THEN WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE STUDENTS & CERTIFICATES OF PRIVET AND GOVT. INSTITUTES?
22nd January 2015, 11:38 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
Will it possible for 12 arts to joint merchant navy??
5th April 2015, 12:02 PM
T.maharaja

Sir my name is Tmaharaja I have studied 12 ,th in algappa school I want to join navy force
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?