28th March 2012, 05:06 PM
Srajan Bhardwaj

Is there any opportunity to join Merchant Navy after passing 12th?

Sir,
I am studing in class 12th and i want to join merchant navy. Is there an oppurtunity to join it just after my 12th??
Please explain it briefly......

30th August 2012, 07:22 PM
potensis
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is there any opportunity to join Merchant Navy after passing 12th?

Yes, you can certainly join merchant navy after class 12, if you meet the below mentioned criteria:

-A candidate must qualified class 12, having passed Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics as elective subjects. Some of the Qualifying Examinations are as follows: - All India Senior School Certificate Examination of CBSE - Higher Secondary Examination (from any Central/State Board of Secondary Education) - Indian School Certificate Examination of Council of Indian School of Examination, New Delhi - Intermediate Science/Technical or 2-year pre-university examination - Final Examination of 2-year course of Joint Service Wing of the NDA - 1st year examination of a 5-year integrated course from an IIT- or IIT recognized institution/university - 1st year examination of a 3-year degree course of any recognized Indian University

- Admission is open to both unmarried male and female candidates; age should not be more than 20 years (on 1st September of the entry year): those belonging to the SC/ST have this rule relaxed by about 5 yrs.

But you will have to do merchant navy course before getting hired for any post in merchant navy. There are various institutions offering merchant navy courses. For your reference i have attached a 'doc' file where the name of the training institution approved by D. G. Shipping is given.
Attached Files
File Type: doc List of Training Institutes approved by D.doc(296.5 KB, 194 views)
16th December 2012, 12:01 AM
Onkar Kaur
Senior Member+

Yes, Dear Friend,

You have opportunity to enter Indian Navy after 10+2 with PCM. In Indian Navy, according to the post you applied for eligibility criteria is different.

A. In order to become an Engineer or Executive in Naval Architechture:

Eligibility Criteria:

1. Candidate must have Maths and Physics as subjects in 10+2 and passes this with minimum 55% marks.

2. Age limit should be between 16.5-19 years

3. Only male candidates can apply.

B. In order to become an Artificier Apprentice:

Eligibility Criteria:

1. Candidate must have Maths and Physics as subjects in 10+2 and passes this with minimum 55% marks.

2. Age limit should be between 17-20 years

C. For Senior Secondary recruit:

Eligibility Criteria:

2. Age limit should be between 17-21 years

Wish you all the very best.
21st January 2013, 08:00 PM
sahoop
Senior Member+++

hi,,,

any opportunity to join Merchant Navy after passing 12th

1.eligibility criteria-
2.Only male candidates can apply.
3.Age limit should be between 16.5-19 years
4.Candidate must have Maths and Physics as subjects in 10+2 and passes this with minimum 55% marks
5.eligibility criteria-
6.Candidate must have Maths and Physics as subjects in 10+2 and passes this with minimum 55% marks.
7.Age limit should be between 17-20 years
8.eligibility criteria-
9.Candidate must have Maths and Physics as subjects in 10+2 and passes this with minimum 55% marks.
10.Age limit should be between 17-21 years

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11th May 2013, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

If i pass 12 89% and i will direct join to merchant navy
28th May 2013, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

sir i got 52% marks in 12th but i want to join merchant navy.........plz sir is their any collage which i can join ?
7th December 2013, 12:57 AM
Unregistered

Sir I got 46% in 12th is there any possibility for me to join merchant navy?
18th July 2014, 10:42 AM
Unregistered

Sir i got 59% in12th is there any possibility for me join merchant navy
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?