16th July 2010, 09:26 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Mechanical engineering or automobile engineering, which stream should i choose if I have interest in automobiles?

I am girl.Now I am B.Tech student.I interested in mechanical engineering.But some many people said, your girl don't mechanical engineering.It is difficult for girls.It is really difficult for girl.Tell me reason, why it is difficult for girls.
19th July 2010, 02:40 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Mechanical engineering or automobile engineering, which stream should i choose if I have interest in automobiles?

is it better for girls mechanical engg
27th July 2010, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

M.Tch in automobile engineering after comleting Mechanical Engineering?is this a good choice?
27th July 2010, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

after finishing auto mobile how can i get a job
28th July 2010, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

I have a question: I am in Mumbai n i want a institute offering automobile engineering degree. What about Saaboo Siddik institute? Its in Byculla?
31st July 2010, 01:35 AM
s.k.singh

Automobile Subject is only a part subject in Mechanical Engineering which adds up in second and third year of study. Mainly in 4th, 5th and 6th semester.
But Automobile Engineering is fully(nook and corner) about Automobile.Building,functioning,tolerance,strength ,failure, old gone, new come.
Now to talk about scope, Both has its own and great scope.
31st July 2010, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

"is it better for girls mechanical engg "
if i get married and get a girl by gods grace then ill make her a mechanical engineer.... girls are like hot cakes in mech field and gets placed easily.. one of my batchmate(girl) is in BOSCH and my junior (again a girl) is in Mercedes Benz R&D at bangalore.. so girls go for it...
10th August 2010, 12:59 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
is mechanical engineering suitable for girls?
Hello,

It is good to know that you are interested in mechanical engineering.
Mechanical engineering requires a lot of skill technique, and also requires one to have some bit of energy to work with machines. So if you think that you are capable and can handle the same, then why not, go ahead!

Good Luck!
11th August 2010, 10:03 PM
ravi k
Senior Member+

dear friend

automobile engineering is originated from mechanical branch bcoz it self automobile is a huge sector.

there are a lot of companies those are recruiting a number of students every year.

mechanical students can also apply for automobile jobs but automobile will get more priority.

as u are interested in automobile so go for it.

all d best.
14th August 2010, 03:55 PM
Unregistered

which stream is best in america
23rd August 2010, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

i m interested in bikes....etc i like to study automobiles but i dnt knw i can do it or not...my frz say that this is so tof study..so i dnt knw wht 2 do...
is there is damend of automobileS???and if i go foir interview and there is other gay who is machanical engineering..whom they choose
for job in moter company??
27th August 2010, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

which branch is better among ece,eee,mech and cse for girls in particular
31st August 2010, 11:47 PM
August
Senior Member+

Dear friend

As you have interest in Automobile engineering so you should choose automobile engineering as you would get job satisfaction and also you will do better in the filled.

According to me EE,CSE are best branch for the girls.

Best of luck.
26th September 2010, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

IS AUTOMOBILE ENGINEERING GUD STREAM FOR GIRLS?
26th September 2010, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

IS AUTOMOBILE ENGINEERING GUD FOR GIRLS?
27th September 2010, 09:56 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friend

look, automobile engineering is a specialization of Mechanical engineering.

so it will be better to do Mechanical engineering.

if you are really interested in automobile engineering, then you can do it after your btech.

all the best..........
28th September 2010, 03:38 PM
brainiac

mechanical engineering being a mother stream has the freedom to shift to many other co-related streams.so, if you choose it now you can switch to any related profession like automobile and others.
but choosing automobile, though it is currently highly rated, can confine you to a certain limit which is just the opposite as in the case of mechanical engineering
hence i can recommend to choose mechanical instead of automobile
28th September 2010, 05:47 PM
teeks
Senior Member+

dear onde thing i want to tell you that
Automobile Engineering is about vehicles - design, manufacturing, testing, assembly, repairing, etc.
and
mechanical deals to machines so you should choose automobile which has larger scope
all the best
3rd October 2010, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

i will completed my diploma from Automoble engineering in june 2011 after that i want to do B-tech in Automobile engineering from Where? Give me suggestion.
30th October 2010, 03:53 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

dear friends,

it is fact that automobile engineering is born from the mechanical engineering.

but its area and opportunity is very high. as you are intrested in the automobile then you

must have to take the automobile engineering.but take admission in the good college

which can provide you a job.
31st October 2010, 06:20 AM
babydoll

Hi!
Automobile engineering deals with the vehicles and their inner and outer parts.
Also automobile engineering generated from mechanical engineering.
Mechanical engineering includes all the machine related engineering.
So it will be better to go for mechanical engineering from any reputed college/university.
Good luck!!!
1st November 2010, 09:11 PM
nanajisachin123

hai,,,,,,,,,,
don't be confused....... automobile engineering is branch of mechanical...... so what i suggest is to do b.tech in mechanical and to do m.tech in automobile engineering.....because ........What is Mechanical Engineering means

Types/Branches/Sub-Branches of Mechnical Engineering

Power plant Engineering.
Automobile/Automotive Engineering.
Aeronautical Engineering.
Aerospace Engineering.
Naval Architech Engineering.
Tools & Machinery Engineering.
Marine Engineering.
Mechatronics Engineering.
Robotics Engineering (In design and operating or we can say except Memory part).
CAD/CAM/CAE.

All these are directly or indirectly linked with Mechanical engineering and so called parts of it.
Infact Mechanical Engineering is known as father and Electrical Engineering as the Mother of all engineering branches as said by a scientist of old age.Also Mechanical Engineering alone has 60 subjects.
choose the best fit for u..... all the best bye ......
18th November 2010, 09:28 PM
er.dellikannan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky.azeem View Post
I have just finished my 12th from the CBSE board in hyderabad,India and now i am planning for my higher studies.....i really need some help for choosing between mechanical engineering & automobile engineering.....as i have a lot of interest in automobile sector,i really wanna do something in automobile,i have heard that there are sub-branches under mechanical engineering,if yes what are they and does automobile comes under it?....does the separate automobile engineering & automobile under mechanical engineering are of same demand and type?......is it better to choose automobile engineering alone or automobile branch through mechanical engineering?......any help would be much awaited and pleased......am damn confused....help me out.

Thanx
:-)
if you go for mech u can choose both automobile as well as mecanical field during ur job...
11th January 2011, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

what are the capabilities one should have while becoming a car designer?
28th January 2011, 10:40 AM
Unregistered

Mechanical engineering or automobile engineering, which stream should i choose??

and After engineering i need to do transportation desiging from california for sure?? so plzz help me out..i m very confused right now..!!
Mechanical n transportation designing is good combination or should i do automobile engineering and after that transportation designing..??
7th February 2011, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

hi, I want to do automobile engg., i am from maharashtra
plz suggest me best college in maharashtra for automobile engg.
26th March 2011, 12:04 AM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Mechanical engineering or automobile engineering, which stream should i choose if I have interest in automobiles?

Quote:
I am girl.Now I am B.Tech student.I interested in mechanical engineering.But some many people said, your girl don't mechanical engineering.It is difficult for girls.It is really difficult for girl.Tell me reason, why it is difficult for girls.
its not really difficult but in mechanical u have so many labs that too there will be working with machinery and more over in mechanical engineering lady staff will be less.if u utilize mechanical u will have better future
and now the mechanical engineering is powered only with computers only.there are many softwares in it.so dont worry do mechanical engineering
31st March 2011, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

is it a right choice to do auto mobile and what is the scope for it and which will be the better colleges to do it in chennai??????
12th April 2011, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

i'm 132, is electronic engineering good for a girl?
4th June 2011, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

i have just pass class xii this year with a 54% mark, do i have to take mechanical engg. and which are the colleges in karnataka and pune which are not taking much donation.................please reply
11th June 2011, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

whether the syllabus for automobile would be easier than mechanical or which will have the easier syllabus???????
16th June 2011, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

hey plzzz help me i am goin for mechanical engineering ....... taking admission in manav rachna international university suraj kund ,,,,,,,, itts private institute........ nt affilated to mdu.....or any other university its own university....... is the institute is good....... plzzz help is the value of the degree will be ther plzzz answer me as soon as possible..... plzzzzzz
5th July 2011, 08:58 AM
vijibala29

I have the same question!!! Does Mechanical Engineering has more scope than Automotive Engineering.

Please advise.

Thanks ;o)
17th July 2011, 01:15 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Actually mechanical demands stamina & any time job and both the things r difficult for girls.... i am a mechanical boy.. and suggest you dat if u r nt very much intrested in core thn pls do nt tak mech...opt...1 - CS, 2 - IT, 3- EC .
for softy life is more glamorous & easy (5 days a week), good city...chances of onsite..r good if v compare it vd a mechy..
and also future of IT in India is looking grt...
27th July 2011, 10:51 PM
Unregistered

looking out for a good institutes for Automobile and mechanical (diploma/degree) in Mumbai and Pune.
I m 23 Yrs and dont want to spend more years for completion of course.
can any one help me to decide what to choose either diploma or degree . and pls specify course duration.
10th August 2011, 08:58 AM
Unregistered

is swami parmanand college of engg and tech (lalru) a registered college.....
11th August 2011, 01:03 AM
Unregistered

hi sir i like,t automobile
but i am not done what better automobile or mechanical
what different automobile and mechanical which better .....should if i choose??/
18th August 2011, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

i got da same doubt
26th November 2011, 12:02 AM
pabitra_nayak
Senior Member+

Dear friend,

Mechanical or automobile engineering are likely same and your option is good, both had a better scope and from the same way.
It is not different as automobile comes under mechanical engineering so you have both choice and both are sufficient for you.
If your interest is in automobiles then go with it but one think i explain you, if you choose mechanical engineering then you will also study automobiles in it and collect more knowledge .

All the best
30th November 2011, 03:49 PM
rudramishra

According to me It is the branch of Engineering which deals mainly with the application of physics and material science for developing.designing and maintaining Machines and Tools.

Types/Branches/Sub-Branches of Mechnical Engineering

Power plant Engineering.
Automobile/Automotive Engineering.
Aeronautical Engineering.
Aerospace Engineering.
Naval Architech Engineering.
Tools & Machinery Engineering.
Marine Engineering.
Mechatronics Engineering.
Robotics Engineering (In design and operating or we can say except Memory part).
CAD/CAM/CAE.

All these are directly or indirectly linked with Mechanical engineering and so called parts of it.
Infact Mechanical Engineering is known as father and Electrical Engineering as the Mother of all engineering branches as said by a scientist of old age.Also Mechanical Enginee
6th December 2011, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

if i do b.tech in mechanical engg. and then m.tech in mechanical with specialization in automobile or b.tech in automobile and m.tech in automobile engg. then what will be the difference???????? plzzzzzzzzzz rply
11th December 2011, 09:52 PM
tuntunia

automobile engineering is indeed an sub branch of mechanical engineering,
if you really want to take risk then go for automobile engineering because there is not much demand for it these days,
i would suggest you to take mechanical engineering then try for an automobile job
all the best
12th December 2011, 12:53 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
My friend it is totally depends upon your interest ..

if you have interest in automobile field then you should go for that field.

Automobile engineering is an emerging stream now a days..
As the stream is not available in lots of technical colleges so, you will definitely have job opportunities..

Now a day lots of automobile companies are opening in India..
So,after completion of your graduation in automobile engineering you can get placed in any of those companies..

So, go for it..
All the best.
12th December 2011, 09:54 AM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
all the engineering fields have good future. Only thing that is required is knowledge in the field. The demand for the mechanical engineers is more when compared to the automobile engineering. At the same time the seats available in college for automobile is also less.
The demand for mechanical engineers is available in various companies but for automobile the demand is only from the automobile industry. But the intake of the aspirants is also at good numbers as the standard of people is getting increased.
Mechanical engineers are in need in the public sector companies like ntpc, ongc etc. But they do not recruit automobile engineers. The mechanical engineers are also recruited through upsc for the Indian engineering service.
But do not worry about the future of the course. If you have interest in a field then you can choose that course. The only thing you need to do is equip yourself with the needs of the industry. Then surely you will good job will handful salary
18th January 2012, 01:35 AM
Unregistered

What are the subjects included in BE Automobile..??? I'm an average student... I'm interested in Automobile Engg. but readin the posts n' the replies i'm confused whether to go for Machenical or Automobile Engg... Are there any good colleges in Mumbai for Automobile / Machenical..??? Hope to get a Reply soon...
21st January 2012, 03:42 PM
sheshadev senapati
Senior Member++

hiii

Mechanical Engg. relates with mechanics and automobile engg. relates
with automobiles. It depends on your choice what you like. Every one has
different choices so it depends on your liking.

difference between Mechanical engineering and automobile engineering-

Automobile Engineering is about vehicles - design, manufacturing, testing, assembly, repairing, etc.

Mechanical Engineering is about machines i.e. all types of machines.

ok
all the best...
thank you
14th February 2012, 03:05 PM
abhisek.sonu

automobile engineering is indeed an sub branch of mechanical engineering,
if you really want to take risk then go for automobile engineering because there is not much demand for it these days,
i would suggest you to take mechanical engineering then try for an automobile job
all the best
15th February 2012, 11:54 PM
unagi

Hi friend

Yes you are eligible.

IAS Indian Administrative Service Exam is conducted by UPSC for the post of administrative civil services of India.

ELIGIBILITY:

1.You must be a graduate in any discipline.
Since you are a mechanical engineer you are eligible. There isnt any minimum percentage required .

2.You must be aged between 21 and 30.

3.You must be an Indian citizen.

IAS Exam has three stages Preliminary Exam, Main Exam, and an Interview.
Important dates this year:

1.Date of notification: Febraury 19.

2.Last date to apply: March 21

3.Preliminary exam on: June 19.

ALL THE BEST
20th February 2012, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

can anyinstitute offer me a good job on an automobile industry if i hv don my course on mechanical stream?
21st February 2012, 04:21 AM
er.skp.me

Thumbs up Re: Mechanical engineering or automobile engineering, which stream should i choose if I have interest in automobiles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky.azeem View Post
I have just finished my 12th from the CBSE board in hyderabad,India and now i am planning for my higher studies.....i really need some help for choosing between mechanical engineering & automobile engineering.....as i have a lot of interest in automobile sector,i really wanna do something in automobile,i have heard that there are sub-branches under mechanical engineering,if yes what are they and does automobile comes under it?....does the separate automobile engineering & automobile under mechanical engineering are of same demand and type?......is it better to choose automobile engineering alone or automobile branch through mechanical engineering?......any help would be much awaited and pleased......am damn confused....help me out.

Thanx
:-)
Dear friend if your interested in automobile then go for automobile engg, but if you complete mechanical engg then also you will get job in automobile sector, but they would prefer automobile enggr, regarding mechanical its subjects cover a bit of automobile, management, industry, machines (as per vtu syllabus), but in automobile its about automobile engg only, if your really interested in automobile then go for it

best of luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?