2nd March 2012, 11:59 AM
sgopi29

Default Re: Mechanical engineering or automobile engineering, which stream should i choose if I have interest in automobiles?

mail ur perplexed state to [email protected] .they will help u
22nd March 2012, 05:39 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Mechanical engineering or automobile engineering, which stream should i choose if I have interest in automobiles?

i have ambition to study mechanical engineering is it too difficult?
23rd March 2012, 12:58 AM
zeya007

automobile engineering is also a part of mechanical engineering..
if you have interest in automobiles then you surely choose it..
it has too many scopes and brand value compared to other branches.
so better to choose the branch according to your choice.
28th March 2012, 12:18 PM
jobsee

Power plant Engineering.
Automobile/Automotive Engineering.
Aeronautical Engineering.
Aerospace Engineering.
Naval Architech Engineering.
Tools & Machinery Engineering.
Marine Engineering.
Mechatronics Engineering.
Robotics Engineering (In design and operating or we can say except Memory part).
CAD/CAM/CAE.
14th April 2012, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

i hav jus finished my 12th nd nw in so much confused..
1st thing: shd i do jus mechanical engg or mechanical engg WITH some specialization?
2nd thing: if i dont get into NIT, shd i do my university in SRM (www.srmuniv.ac.in) or VIT (www.vit.ac.in)??

PLS........help me out.. im damn confused nd ppl around me r confusin me more!
31st May 2012, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

we can study mtech in robotics after finishing the b.e. in mechanical
21st June 2012, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

i have got clear idea abt automobile and mechanical..after reading your suggestions....thnz gyes i have fixed with mechanical eng....may i knw wat r pg courses offered regarding automobile.....whether should i persue my studides immediately after my ug r should i gain experinces in some of the core companies lik asok leyland etc...pls suggest me
21st June 2012, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

gyes i have got clear idea abt mechanical and automobile ..after reading your suggestions thnz gyes ...may i knw wt is the pg course should i undergo regarding automobile after completing my ug in mech....should i persue my higher studies immediately r should i gain sme experince by serving for some time in core companies lik asok leyland,ford etc..pls suggest me
21st June 2012, 07:45 PM
babu91

hello dear
Followings are some of Best engineering colleges of Hydrabad which are good faculty for Mechanical Engineering:-

Chaitanya Bharathi Institute of Technology.

Deccan College of Engineering & Technology.

Greenfort Engineering College.

J N T U College of Engineering.

Lords Institute of Engineering & Technology.

M J College of Engineering & Technology.

Mahaveer Institute of Science & Technology.

Muffakham Jah College of Engineering and Technology (MJCET): is one of the leading engineering colleg of Hydrabad.
For more information you visit its website- http://www.mjcollege.ac.in

If I would be in your place then I will chose Mechanical Engineering,thats because after B.tech in Mechanical one can chose from wide variety of options at M.tech rangeing from Automobile to Aerospace Engineering and scope of that is far better then just persuing Automobile Engineering.

However, decision id your's

BEst of Luck
thank you
21st June 2012, 08:53 PM
karthu
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Mechanical engineering or automobile engineering, which stream should i choose if I have interest in automobiles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
gyes i have got clear idea abt mechanical and automobile ..after reading your suggestions thnz gyes ...may i knw wt is the pg course should i undergo regarding automobile after completing my ug in mech....should i persue my higher studies immediately r should i gain sme experince by serving for some time in core companies lik asok leyland,ford etc..pls suggest me
hi
You can apply for the following courses:
1) Masters in Motor Learning and Control
2) Masters in Motor Neuroscience
There are no exact courses in the field of automobile engineering.
You can do this from annamalai university,chennai,Rajarambaru institute of technology,Kohlapur.
You can serve in some companies.Experience is more than anything.Today most of the companies ask for experienced persons.
bye
24th June 2012, 12:57 PM
babu91

hello friend
For persuing B.tech from Maharashtra you have 3 options.

1) IITJEE: After cracking IITJEE you can persue B.tech from IIT,Bombay.This year IITJEE has already been held on 11.04.10, so you can appear for it next time.

2) MH-CET: After cracking it you get admission to any good college in MAharashtra, if you are Maharashtra domicile then you can get into one fo the best engineering college there.You has also missed the chance for appearing for it this time,so better next time.

3) AIEEE: You can find admission into any good institute in Maharashtra, after cracking AIEEE with good rank at least 50,000 state rank for getting into good engineering college.If you had not appeared for it then this time also you had missed the chance.

Best of Luck
thank you
24th June 2012, 03:47 PM
babu91

hello dear friend

Mechanical Engg. relates with mechanics and automobile engg. relates
with automobiles. It depends on your choice what you like. Every one has
different choices so it depends on your liking.

difference between Mechanical engineering and automobile engineering-

Automobile Engineering is about vehicles - design, manufacturing, testing, assembly, repairing, etc.

Mechanical Engineering is about machines i.e. all types of machines.

ok
all the best.
thank you
24th June 2012, 07:01 PM
aatif1

Well my dear friend you dont need to be that confused.
First of all let me make you accustomed with the fact that mechanical engineering is a core engineering stream. A core engineering stream is that stream in which there is plenty of application and which is generally appreciated all over the world.
The other core engineering streams are:-
1)Electrical engineering
2)Civil engineering
3)Electronics and communication engineering

If you are confused in mechanical and automobile then here are the guidelines to follow:-
1)If you want to study in india, then there is hardly any scope in mechanical engineering. First of all there are hardly any good colleges offering automobile engineering. Then secondly you wont get a proper job after completing your BTech. you have to do your MTech for a good job.
2)Mechanical engineering is a wider field and it also includes automobile engineering as one of the specializations.
3)There are hardly any companies in india for automobile engineers. They usually don't get the satisfactory jobs.

So take my advice and go ahead with mechanical. If you are still interested in automobile then do it from abroad.

best of luck!!!
25th June 2012, 11:27 AM
samuelmendonsa

Thumbs up Re: Mechanical engineering or automobile engineering, which stream should i choose if I have interest in automobiles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky.azeem View Post
I have just finished my 12th from the CBSE board in hyderabad,India and now i am planning for my higher studies.....i really need some help for choosing between mechanical engineering & automobile engineering.....as i have a lot of interest in automobile sector,i really wanna do something in automobile,i have heard that there are sub-branches under mechanical engineering,if yes what are they and does automobile comes under it?....does the separate automobile engineering & automobile under mechanical engineering are of same demand and type?......is it better to choose automobile engineering alone or automobile branch through mechanical engineering?......any help would be much awaited and pleased......am damn confused....help me out.

Thanx
:-)
dear friend
I will give you a simple example choose between them
1. you want a mobile phone wth a camera only
2. you will get a mobile phone with camera as well as other apps for the same price.
there is no hesitation that you will select the second one

similarily automobile will provide you knowledge of automaotives and road drived vehicles only but in breif

But mechanical engg will give you knowledge of automotives there design, other vehicles like ships, trains, aeroplanes, even you can study about rockets(in subject power engg of ME) you will have knowledge of every machine as well as it will also give you a brief introduction of electrical and electronics too.
not only this you will have knowledge of following also
1. Automobile
2. design and development of new machine or an automobile (it has most demand in market)
3.thermal engineering (most wanted in market in foreign countries)
4. automation and robotics(new innovations)
5. quality control inspection etc

overall machanical is exploring the whole engg
than to just shrink our imagination and talent in automotives

afterall its your decision mechanical engg has more demand in future market
I am doing mechanical engg an i realize it

chose wisely tha to regret later

God bless you
best of luck
25th June 2012, 11:37 AM
Unregistered

I am very much interested in doing modification of bikes and cars.. But i am hoping to choose Mechanical Engineering.. If do so.. Can I fullfil my dreams.?
28th June 2012, 05:17 PM
ajay11111@!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smile Re: Mechanical engineering or automobile engineering, which stream should i choose if I have interest in automobiles?

thanks dear
10th July 2012, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

If I take automobile eng 2012 what will the scope in the future when I finish my studies will I get placement in India of out of India ??
13th July 2012, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

hi shall i want to know which one is best mechatronics or EEE or ECE as i m a girl,plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and imm...
23rd July 2012, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

give names of some best mechanical engineering coleges in karnatka? also about vtu universitry of karnatka?plzzzzz reply.
4th August 2012, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

Q- i have intrest in automobile engineering but i have heard and even my parents say that mechanical engineering is much better than automobile engineering, i stay at navi mumbai, can anyone suggest me is mgm college,kamothe a good option for mechanical engineering?
4th September 2012, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

I completed my Diploma in Tool & die and i got one year industrial training, that i joint B.Tech machinal engineering under later entry that also completed in 2012. At present i am working in automobile part manufacturing company. I want study MS engineering on offcampus. pls suggest me
5th May 2013, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

Is automobile engineering good in any of the BITS campus?? Plz help me.
16th May 2013, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

I have just given my 12th board
from the CBSE board in
amritsar,India and now i am
planning for my higher
studies.....i really need some
help for choosing between
mechanical engineering &
automobile engineering.....as i
have a lot of interest in
automobile sector,i really wanna
do something in automobile,i
have heard that there are sub-
branches under mechanical
engineering,if yes what are they
and does automobile comes
under it?....does the separate
automobile engineering &
automobile under mechanical
engineering are of same demand
and type?......is it better to
choose automobile engineering
alone or automobile branch
through mechanical
engineering?.and can i do job in automobile industry after doing b.tech in mechanical.
please help.me and tell.me about good colleges in india........any help would
be much awaited and
pleased......am damn
confused....help me out.
Thanx
21st May 2013, 03:08 AM
Unregistered

I have just completed my diploma in automobile engineering but now i am little confused that, weather I should do my B.E. in automobile engineering or mechanical engineering...I have real interest in automobile..do there is same scope for automobile and mechanical engineering in India..??
13th June 2013, 05:38 PM
Unregistered

i have passed 12th std with 71%ile and i got 53 marks in jee main i am little confused which field should i go with? Should i go with automobiles or you suggest another?
reply fast
thank you
1st July 2013, 02:34 AM
Unregistered

is it easy to get job after automobile engineering in self finance college?
1st July 2013, 10:57 AM
r091372
Member+

Mechanical Engineering and Automobile Engineering are so good branch and closel related.
One has to study the stream in which he is interested. Then only he can get his satisfaction and concept about that subject.
So If You are interested in Auto mobile Engineering, Better to choose that branch.
1st July 2013, 02:58 PM
The Mask Man
Senior Member+

I would suggest you to go for Mechanical Engineering.

In India, the scope of Mechanical engineering is more as compared to the automobile engineering. Also, in auto mobile engineering, your study is limited only to the aerodynamics but in mechanical engineering, you study almost all the fields hence you will be eligible for almost all the PSUs for the job.

All The Best
1st July 2013, 04:21 PM
nim@1990

Post Re: Mechanical engineering or automobile engineering, which stream should i choose if I have interest in automobiles?

Dear student,

Both the field is play important role. but out of two i can choose only and only mechanical branch . because there are lots of scope in private as well as government sector. no dought automobile is also good branch. now talk about placement, both the field give good job. and future situation is also important, so choose rigth path........................

best of luck
3rd August 2013, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

now i completed diploma in mechanical,so now am joining engineering so i want to choose automobile branch,so my decision is good pls give me the suggestion?
19th August 2013, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

please help me i wht to take auto moblie engg.it has v
19th August 2013, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

im wht to take auto mobile egg. it a good coure .wht is salary.u plz u tell which r the collage has this course in bangalore.and tell me which the best collage in bangalore.
17th September 2013, 01:12 AM
Unregistered

hi! i am soham Narayan Narkar. now i am a running student of 10th .I live in mumbai. I want to know is there any automobile institute near mumbai? i want help to find such a good automobile institute.i love automobile.also tell me that which side i should choose mechanical/automobile.
18th November 2013, 06:10 PM
Unregistered

hi friends, i have just finished B.E mechanical. now i am thinking to join in M.E Automobile engineering . which is best stream for M.E now a days . Manipal university is good college for Automobile engineering ????? plz guide me
18th November 2013, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

hi friends, i completed B.E mechanical. Now i am thinking to join in M.E Automobile engineering , which stream is best now a days for my future plzzz guide me.....
24th December 2013, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

Mechanical engineering or
automobile engineering, which stream
should i choose if I have interest in
automobiles?
4th February 2014, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

automobile engineering jobs scop in gujarat
6th June 2014, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

hello! I am Ankita. I have just finished my 10th from cbse board & i am confuse whether i should do diploma or continue with 11th & 12th . if i continue with 11th &12th then why people do diploma after 10th & if i take diploma after 10th then what is best for me ? aeronautical or automobile engineering
21st June 2014, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir,
I just gave my 12th SSC Board Maharashtra I stay in Mumbai and there are very few Automobile Engineering colleges over here, It was my dream to be a Automobile Engineer My parents are saying go to Mechanical engineering college What should i prefer Mechanical engineering or Automobile Engineering.. wating for your reply which is best among them
15th July 2014, 01:23 AM
Unregistered

I m pretty much interested in automobile but d problem is I don't have availability of institutions offering automobile engineering in my city.. but I have plenty of them offering mechanical engineering... so is it possible that I opt for mechanical n in future do my masters in automobile field in abroad???
16th July 2015, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

sir i complete my polytechnic in mechanical engineering(automobile). ukpsc required mechanical engineering sir what can i apply
6th June 2017, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

I should go for automobile engineering or mechanical engineering i am really very much interested in automobile sector, please reply me fast which one is the the best for further years in india....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?