29th August 2011, 03:01 AM
Unregistered

After BSc Computer Science can I go for UGC NET exam?

Hello,

can i apply for UGC NET exam. I have done B.SC computer science

30th August 2011, 06:31 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After BSc Computer Science can I go for UGC NET exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,

can i apply for UGC NET exam. I have done B.SC computer science
No, You are Not Eligible To apply for UGC NET Examination.

NET Stands for National Eligiblity Test and this examination was conducted by UGC (University Grant Comission) Twice in a year, June and December.

>> The June 2011 NET Examination was Already completed and the Notification of December NET Examination was Going to be Published soon in the month of September.

>> But Bachelor's Candidates are Not eligible to apply for NET Examination. If you are Interested in NET Examination then please complete your Master degree first and then you are eligible to apply for UGC NET.

>> Post Graduation is the Minimum Eligiblity to apply for NET Examination and you must also scored minimum 55% marks in your Post Graduation, Final year Post Graduate candidates are also Eligible to apply for NET Examination.

So, Please complete your Master degree course first and then apply for NET.

Examination Fees of NET was Rs 450 and Candidates have to pay the Fees Through Challan and pay the fees in any SBI Branches and then you are eligible to fill the Online NET Application form.

>> Candidates may apply for Either Lectureship Post OR Junior Research Fellowship Post (JRF) in NET Examination. There is no minimum Age restriction to apply for Lectureship but for JRF your age should not be more than 28 Years.

>> So please complete your Master degree course and then you are eligible for NET Examination and if you need more Information then please visit the UGC Official website -

http://ugcnetonline.in
30th August 2011, 06:42 PM
rana2011
Banned

No, You are Not Eligible To apply for UGC NET Examination.

THANKS!!
30th August 2011, 06:44 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,

After B.SC(CS) , you are not eligible for NET exam if you have completed your masters degree from UGC approved university then you are applicable for NET exam.

For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55%above in masters degree.

Part time course are not eligible for NET exam.

For Junior research fellowship course your age must be in between 19 to 28 years.

For lectureship ,There is no upper age limit but the Minimum age is 19 years.

All the best
31st August 2011, 12:31 AM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

Hello friend .....

Eligibility for the NET Exam

NET exam is generally meant for those who want to become the professor in their future or want to get into the teaching line.

NET is the National Eligibility Test which is generally conducted twice in a year by UGC (University Grants Commission).
The NET exam is generally conducted in the month of the June and December.

The minimum qualification required to apply for the NET exam is that one should have completed their Post Graduation or the Master's degree in any discipline with 55% of the minimum marks from a recognized university.

And only the Bachelor or the graduation degree candidates are not eligible to apply for the NET exam.

So as you have done only the B.Sc in the Computer Science so you are not eligible to apply for the NET exam.
If you wish to apply for the NET exam in the future , then you have to first complete your Master or the post graduate degree first. After then you can apply for the NET exam.

For the other info regarding the NET exam you can visit the official website of the UGC;
http://www.ugcnetonline.in

So best of luck .

Regards
~PRAVIR~
24th October 2011, 02:52 PM
Unregistered

i m doing mca .can i go for ugc net exam
7th January 2012, 04:12 PM
chiknichameli

NET Stands for National Eligiblity Test and this examination was conducted by UGC (University Grant Comission) Twice in a year, June and December.

>> The June 2011 NET Examination was Already completed and the Notification of December NET Examination was Going to be Published soon in the month of September. Bachelor's Candidates are Not eligible to apply for NET Examination. If you are Interested in NET Examination then please complete your Master degree first and then you are eligible to apply for UGC NET.Post Graduation is the Minimum Eligiblity to apply for NET Examination and you must also scored minimum 55% marks in your Post Graduation, Final year Post Graduate candidates are also Eligible to apply for NET Examination.
Please complete your Master degree course first and then apply for NET.this Examination Fees of NET was Rs 450 and Candidates have to pay the Fees Through Challan and pay the fees in any SBI Branches and then you are eligible to fill the Online NET Application form.
11th March 2012, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

Can M.Tech(I.T) is eligible for ugc Net exams
30th April 2012, 05:44 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

NET Examination was Already completed and the Notification of December NET Examination was Going to be Published soon in the month of September.Bachelor's Candidates are Not eligible to apply for NET Examination. If you are Interested in NET Examination then please complete your Master degree first and then you are eligible to apply for UGC NET.
Post Graduation is the Minimum Eligiblity to apply for NET Examination and you must also scored minimum 55% marks in your Post Graduation, Final year Post Graduate candidates are also Eligible to apply for NET Examination.
2nd May 2012, 10:44 AM
tyler_durdun

Dear friend,

Yes , you are eligible for NET exam because you have just completed your M.COM degree.

eligibility criteria for NET*

M.Sc or equivalent degree under the subjects mentioned above, with minimum 55% marks for General and OBC candidates*
and 50% for SC/ST candidates, Physically and Visually Handicapped candidates and Ph.D.*

Age Eligibility:

For Juniour resaerch fellowship: 19 to 28 years
For lecturership: There is no upper age limit.Minimum age is 19 years.

so after completion of your master degree you are eligible for NET exam.

All the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?