14th February 2010, 02:38 AM
amit singh

Age-wise eligibility for giving the exams of Indian Military Academy and Officers Training Academy?

Respected sir,
i am a student of 2nd year B.tech(I.T) and my date of birth is 04-05-1987..........
I want to know that whether i am eligible for giving the exams of Indian Military Academy and Officers Training Academy Agewise as i will passout in 2012 and also if i can give the exams in 2011 itself or not....

15th February 2010, 02:10 PM
rrmohantysmile
Senior Member+

Default Re: Age-wise eligibility for giving the exams of Indian Military Academy and Officers Training Academy?

look as far as your age is concerned the rule says thet no candidate can apply in IMA or OTA if he/she has crossed 25 years of age but there are various USE entry where you can get selected from your college itself and yes you can appear for the exams in your 3rd year but by the time of joining you must have passed out your graduation.. so if at all you dont get a chance as age wise then dont worry you can certainly apply for the territorial army wing whose age limit is till 35.. hope you must have got the information.. if still doubt persists then you can write to me again and i will provide you entire eligibility conditions .. bye all the very best and i will say keeep applying for CDS and OTA from your 3rd year itself.. bye good luck...
15th February 2010, 07:09 PM
thakurbaba307

Default Re: Age-wise eligibility for giving the exams of Indian Military Academy and Officers Training Academy?

For IMA 19-24 years
For NA 19-22 years
For AFA 19-23 years
For OTA 19-25 years unmarried candidates/25-28 for married candidates
15th February 2010, 09:02 PM
pradeep.g.u
Senior Member+

age wise you will be eligible for indian millitary academy exams at the time of finishing your b.tech
17th February 2010, 11:16 PM
amit04051988
Senior Member+

hi

yea bro this the same day i was born
well you are eligible for the IMA
if you want to know more about the eligibility critria then see this link
http://www.upscexam.com/upsc_examinations/combined_defence_services_cds/UPSC-CDS-Exam-I-Eligibility.html

best of luck
10th May 2010, 10:46 AM
Unregistered

i want 2 become an officer in military? what i need 2 do? which exam, criteria n eligibility?
18th May 2010, 01:21 AM
BALWINDER SINGH

Deaar friend
i think the eligibility in the indian army and all the exams is upto the age of 25 years and after that you are not being eligible........but if you are sc candidaate then you have more relaxation in the age.........
23rd May 2010, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

hello this is manju patiyalmy age is 21 years ,, and i am graduate in B.A Stream,, i am crazy about to join indian army ,, please give me the path how can i join indian army,,,,
i am waiting for your revart,,,,
10th June 2010, 01:19 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

The maximum age limit is 25 years for giving the exams of Indian Military Academy and Officers Training Academy. After completing this age you are not eligible for appear
in Indian Military Academy and Officers Training Academy exams........
21st June 2010, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

Dear friend,

i want to know that is there any quato for nepalese people. who is willing to join in IMA or in OTA.please replay
9th July 2010, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

hi i finished my 10th with 81% and first pu with second class i have failed in my second pu so i have tryed again for supplementry waitin for results ...........as my family members most of them are in army so i have a craze in it so pls guide me wat should i do............i have to join any tutorial colleges to get my degree ?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
11th July 2010, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

what kind of exam we should give to join Indian military?
what is the age limit
12th July 2010, 03:33 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

all the exams is upto the age of 25 years and after that you are not being eligible.but if you are sc candidaate then you have more relaxation in the age.there are various USE entry where you can get selected from your college itself and yes you can appear for the exams in your 3rd year but by the time of joining you must have passed out your graduation.. so if at all you dont get a chance as age wise then dont worry you can certainly apply for the territorial army wing whose age limit is till 35
29th July 2010, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir, i am from assam, BORN: I5/11/1987.From my childhood I had only dream and datz INDIAN ARMY, but due to lack of guidance and proper knowledge I was not able to get in the track. I have done my B.A with ENGLISH as major.So sir, will I be able to apply for I.M.A. Sir I am dying to get into it anyhow. I will dedicate my whole life to INDIAN ARMY if I get a chance.
15th August 2010, 10:51 AM
Unregistered

sir, i am of 18 year age . I want to know that what degree i have to do before joining ima.
3rd September 2010, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

sir,
Pls. send the Indian militiary academy admission after 12th commerce. pls send the admission publications. iam working in school
library
9th September 2010, 06:13 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i have a question my age is 20yrs my height is 164cm nd m in the 1st year of b.com program pursuing from du from correspondence so m i eligible for indian millitary academy and officers training academy to become a lieutenant????....pls answer me......abhishek kumar chaudhary
20th September 2010, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

hi, i will be completing 24yrs next month n as i was going thru this years admission process it was mentioned candidates born before 2nd jul'1986 cannot apply, it made me eligible for this year thoh i had missed out on d notification. i presume for the next session the age criterion shall ask 4 applicants born after 2nd jul'1987 only...which makes me ineligible as my DOB is 7th oct'1986. but going through your above posts u've mentioned the upper age as 25yrs....could yu pls brief me up about that clause. and till what age can a SC candidate apply for OTA? i havnt found any such relaxation on the official website for indian army
24th September 2010, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

WHAT IS THE QULIFICATION OF IMA
20th October 2010, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

sir m doing graduation & i want 2 know whether there is any vacancy 4 lady cadets in IMA or Indian military academy specifically,please kindly do inform
20th October 2010, 05:46 PM
Unregistered

sir m doing graduation & i want 2 know whether there is any vacancy 4 lady cadets in IMA or Indian military academy specifically,please kindly do inform
3rd November 2010, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

SIR,IM GOING TO COMPLETE MY GRADUATION IN THE YEAR OF 2011 AND I WANT TO JOIN I M A BUT I DONT KNOW ANYTHINK ABOUT IT.SO B KIND ENOUGH TO GIVE ME SOME INFORMATION ON IMA .AND PLEASE SUGGEST ME WHAT I HAVE TO DO FOR IT.
3rd November 2010, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

SIR,IM GOING TO COMPLETE MY GRADUATION IN THE YEAR OF 2011 AND I WANT TO JOIN I M A BUT I DONT KNOW ANYTHINK ABOUT IT.SO B KIND ENOUGH TO GIVE ME SOME INFORMATION ON IMA .AND PLEASE SUGGEST ME WHAT I HAVE TO DO FOR IT.
20th December 2010, 03:14 AM
abhishekta pandey

respected sir.i am studying in class 12 and i hav a strong will to join army.can u tell me if i can appear for indian military academy and merchant navy. my date of birth is 1st january 1993. sir please help me............
20th December 2010, 03:16 AM
abhishekta pandey

sir,if i am eligible then please tell me the way to prepare for IMA.
21st December 2010, 01:13 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friend

to join in amry, you have to appear and qualify UPSC exam.

through UPSC exam, you can join in Indian army.

the criteria to attain in the UPSC exam is

minimum graduation in qualification with 60% marks.

age limit 21-29 years.

all the best.............
14th January 2011, 01:44 PM
amlendu
Senior Member++

Dear,
here are some suggestions-
For IMA 19-24 years
For NA 19-22 years
For AFA 19-23 years

Thanks.
30th January 2011, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

hi,
i m seeking admission for my nephew he has passed 5 th class from cbsc from Jhansi(up), plz tell me about the admission for him in military scool n sainik school...
plz provide all detail abt amsission
thanx
20th February 2011, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

hello sir...
m doin my engg last year...my date of birth is 1\12\1987...i wanna know the scope n elligibility for female candidates in defence....please help me...my dream is to serve my nation..
12th March 2011, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

Hello, its RITU and i am 17 year old. How i can join Indian Military?
22nd March 2011, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

sir what is the percentage criteria for appliyng in OTA for b.tech holders with mechanical stream
4th April 2011, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

i was final yr b.com open university student will i eligible for OTA my dob is 30-08-1986
16th April 2011, 12:17 AM
Unregistered

i want to become an engineer in information technology ....are there any engineering jobs in military.....i hav no idea....i need help
21st April 2011, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

hello, this is Luwang nganba singha, age is 20 years ,, and i am pursuing BBA,, i want to join indian army as an officer ,, please give me the path how can i join indian army,,,,
22nd April 2011, 09:11 AM
AYUSH KUMAR YADAV
Senior Member+

your age should not be more than 25 years,there are various USE entry where you can get selected from your college itself and yes you can appear for the exams in your 3rd year but by the time of joining you must have passed out your graduation.. so if at all you don't get a chance as age wise then don't worry you can certainly apply for the territorial army wing whose age limit is till 35.
26th April 2011, 04:45 PM
Unregistered

hallow sir i have completed my graduation. i want to join military academy.
30th April 2011, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

Sir iam r sonu tantwa my father was in navy iwnt to join ima my age is 17 and half can i join ima or not if yes than how can i apply
15th May 2011, 09:13 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir, This is TIna from Kolkata, I am a B.A L.L.B from calcutta university, my date of birth is 15.11.1985. I am interested to join the Miliotery Academy, Could you please send me the details and age wise can I join the academy? Or there is any other procedure to join Milietery Academy? Please sir, Give me the details as soon as possible.
17th May 2011, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

sir is a 12th failure who had written supplementary and got 70.% of marks in supplementary can write national defence academy exam or not
19th May 2011, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

my name is md shad.i am student of 3rd year B.E.i want to know that am i eligible for IMA as my D.O.B is 1 dec 1988.if i am eligible,how can i apply for IMA or CDS examination and when.
28th May 2011, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

i am in higher secondary.can i join to army.not in tough exam.though i am a student of science.
29th May 2011, 12:45 AM
Unregistered

I am 24 year Female, I am interested in Joining Army, I have done my Graduation in Commerce and I am working for a Multi National Company. I want to make my career in Indian Military Service. Am I eligible? If Yes, what can be the Procedures or Criteria? Please let me know and I request you to reply to my mail id: [email protected]
1st June 2011, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

hey i completed my 12 sci in 2008 nd continuing my b pharm bt m nt intrstd in b pharm plz tell me can i apply in NDA by the result of 12th science the pro is i crossed my 19 yrs bt if any possibilities the hlp me nd suggest me to do smting I m jst wnt to leave b pharm.............plz plz plz hlp me tanx...
8th June 2011, 11:30 AM
amit gaur054

good morning friend........
For IMA 19-24 years
For NA 19-22 years
For AFA 19-23 years
best of luck
29th July 2011, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

dear sir, i am artist, i completed my [B F A] BACHLOR OF FINE ART . CAN I JOIN THE [ I M A]. DATE OF BIRTH 25/7/1989
1st August 2011, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

dear sir,,recentally i complited B.H.M.S. Bachller of homeopathic medicine and surgery....i m now registered doctor..i want to join IMA..is there any opportunity..my birth dt is 25-5-1988....plz plz plz....help me
9th August 2011, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

Post Re: Age-wise eligibility for giving the exams of Indian Military Academy and Officers Training Academy?

respected sir,
i had completed my Higher secondary exam in year of 2012. So my age is 18 date of birth 14 Feb 1993. can i join ima and when should i get form.
9th August 2011, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

Post Re: Age-wise eligibility for giving the exams of Indian Military Academy and Officers Training Academy?

respected sir,
i had completed my Higher secondary exam in year of 2012. So my age is 18 date of birth 14 Feb 1993. can i join ima and when should i get form.please help me.
9th August 2011, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

respected sir
when should we get form. I had completed my higher secondary through basic on c.b.s.e. please tell me
15th August 2011, 01:20 AM
Unregistered

Respected Sir,
I am Ankush Das, i had completed my B.B.M. graduation 2011, and i am born in the year 1987, my height is 5.7 inch. This are my details, sir am i eligible 2 join I.M.A.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?