21st April 2010, 03:13 PM
suvin.p.v

Agewise eligibility for Indian Military Academy and Officers Training Academy Exams?

respected sir,
I am a first year civil engineering student. and my date of birth is 01-12-1990.i want to know wheather im eligible for giving the exams of Indian Military Academy and Officers Training Academy Agewise as i will passout in 2014 and also if i can give the exams in 2013 itself or not.also i want to know from where i have to apply for this and all eligibility details... waiting for the reply............ thanks

23rd April 2010, 07:38 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Agewise eligibility for Indian Military Academy and Officers Training Academy Exams?

dear,
you are very well eligible for appearing for IMA or NDA now and you will also be eligible after your graduation .......

as you are born in 1990....you are eligible for appearing for nda this year too ......you can also apply for technical entry for army,navy and air force.....

after graduation there is a separate exam sheld for entry in IMA or NDA that is called as CDS .......the minimum eligibility for it is graduation in any field......

so dint worry about age wise eligibility.....prepare well for nda and do your graduation with good percentage.........

best of luck
24th April 2010, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Agewise eligibility for Indian Military Academy and Officers Training Academy Exams?

Hello sir,
this is Abhishat singh gehlot . sir i am a 11th passed student & intrested in army, but i have less pursentage in 10th class near about 57 pursent so what should i do to have a good future
2nd May 2010, 01:26 AM
Unregistered

hi sir ,
i am a student of commerce bt i am intrested in army and i have less % in 10 as well as in 12. can i join army and what is the proccedure to enter in IMA.
2nd May 2010, 12:31 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

dear abhishant,..
if you have even scored more than 60 % in English of 12th standard .....then you will be eligible for many entrance exams.........in this case the total % in 10th standard will not be considered any where......for 10th standard ...only pcm % and % in english is considered and is of lots of use,..........

so dont worry ......improve from now onwards......

best of luck
2nd May 2010, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

hellow sir,
my dob is 21/09/1991. can i elligible for nda2 exam in2010
2nd May 2010, 02:23 PM
tanmaybartarya1208

you are eligible for admission into ima and ota after u graduate. the age criteria for ima is 27 years whereas for ota is 25 years so considering your date of birth i.e. 1990 you can sit for ima entrance till the year 2017 and for ota till the year 2015.
24th May 2010, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

hi! sir i am varun from 3rd year IT B.TECH......I want to know about dat can i apply for ima this year....
26th May 2010, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

hello sir ,
this is sachin lawange,sir i have just passed my 12th std with 53%.i wish to join IMA. My date of birth is 06-12-1989.i want to know wheather im eligible for IMA Agewise .if i am then course what shoild i do next so that i will be eligible.
27th May 2010, 12:35 PM
atanu
Senior Member++

dear friend,
yes you are eligible for this,your age is eligible for this exam,
so do not worry just prepare well for your course as well as the exam syllabus.
30th May 2010, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

I am tarun 1987 born can i eligibible for OTA in 2010 i am graduate.
31st May 2010, 02:09 PM
supriya9837

Sir/Madam,
I am Supriya. My date of birth is April 25, 1990. I have given my B.A. final year exam this year. I have got N.C.C. "C" certificate with "b" grade. Will I get a direct S.S.B. call letter or i need to give the written enterance exam. I also want to know the age limit of women for filling the form for OTA and the total graduation result i need.
16th June 2010, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,
my name is rajiv, i am a graduate from an unrecognized college, and my d.o.b is 22nd april 1986.... do i have a chance to join IMA or OTA... Please guide me...
17th June 2010, 02:22 PM
BALWINDER SINGH

ENTRY TO IMA

Type of Entry Age(yrs) Qualifications Mode of Selection
Ex NDA and Ex ACC - - -
Direct Entry 19-24 Degree or equivalent Combined Defence Services Examination through UPSC
Engineering Graduates 20-27 Engineering Degree in notified discipline Direct SSB Interview
10 + 2 PCM(Tech) 16.5-19.5 10+2 with 70% aggregate Apply directly to Recruiting Directorate
University Entry Scheme 19-25
18-24 Final and Pre Final year BE/B Tech students Campus Interview SSB

The Indian Military Academy presently has the following entries:-

Cadets Ex National Defence Academy and Ex Army Cadet College.
Graduate Direct Entry Scheme.
Technical Graduate Entry Scheme for Engineering graduates.
UES Entry for Final and Pre final Engineering graduates.
10+2 PCM (Tech) Entry.
20th June 2010, 05:50 PM
ignoursb472

Dear Sir
im in third year BBA n my final will be in June 2011.Can I apear for direct SSB i have cleared A cert NCC with A grade.Kindly let me know the dates of my eligibility.Can I appear for IMA scheduled to take place in Oct 2010.

Awinash
25th June 2010, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
I am doing final year in B.sc software application at present and could you just tell me whether i have any scope to join the military and if den in what way i can and what are the options for me.

shenbaga
25th June 2010, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

Repected sir,
could you please tell me in detail about IMA,CDS and NDA.

shenbaga
13th July 2010, 11:03 AM
Unregistered

respected sir,
i want to detail about IMA, CDS & INDIAN AIR FORCE
becoz i am studing b.tech with IT BRANCH so can i apply in above these. plz tell me sir.
your faithfully
jay prakash gangwar
bareilly(u.p.)
13th July 2010, 01:12 PM
Unregistered

respected sir ,my dob is 25-5-1990.can i apply for nda exam. if not then give me details of army cadet college
14th July 2010, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

I AM B.A SECOND YEAR STUDENT I WANT TO BECOME I.M.A BUT WHAT THIS POSSIBLE FOR ME BCZ I AM B.A STUDENT MY 10 TH PERCENTEGE IS 54 % AND 12 TH PERCENTEGAE IS 60 % .PLEASE GIVE ME INFORMATION ABOUT CDS EXAM(COMBINED DEFFENCE SERVICE).PLEASE HELP ME
15th July 2010, 08:43 PM
Shagun Makin

Dear friend,

Syrely you are eligible for admission into Indian Military Academy and OTA after completing your graduate.

the age criteria for IMA is 27 years whereas for OTA it is 25 years.

So you fall in this criteria so you are eligible.
31st July 2010, 04:21 PM
N.MD.AZHARUDDIN
Senior Member+

hii friend yes you are eligible with age but after you graduation you can apply.... but start preparing from now one refer old military books from any library .........jai hind

regards
azhar
9th August 2010, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

sir , i am currently persuing bba . i want to know that after completion it i want to join india military so what i would be required in bba i.e min. %
what subjects should i have
18th August 2010, 07:42 PM
kuldeepgodara

respected sir ,

i m currently doing bba final year . so after bba i want to join indan miltary that's why i want to know that can i join the miltary and what is require for it and what is the process of it
25th August 2010, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i am a student of B.com final year.Can I join IMA after my graduation?
What are the procedure of joining please tell me detail?
13th September 2010, 10:24 AM
Unregistered

sir ,
i am student of BASW and i like to apply ima so how much marks require for the ima examination .
30th September 2010, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

hi,
I'm working in a college as a lecturer and i do like to apply for the post of educational officer plz send me the date of exam and where do i get the application form
7th October 2010, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

sir i have to join the army or navyor air force i complete my 10std technical diploma in govt collagein mechanical studying in engg .secound year. _but im not interesting in this field i like to join indian military. pls guide me sir.
7th November 2010, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

hi im mandeep my dob is 7-8-90 n in 12th with 64 percentage in english 48 may i eligible for o.t.a. pls help me
16th November 2010, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

RESPECTED SIR,
I have done Bachular in computer application(BCA).my dob is 10-07-1987.Am i eligible for direct interview for ssb.plz sir help me.i alwz wanted to join army.
14th December 2010, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

RESPECTED SIR,
I am Anil Rana, 23 yrs of age,and I have done my b.com(p) from delhi university with 45% and 66% in english in 12th standard.could you pls tell me,can i join army and what is the proccedure to enter in IMA?
25th December 2010, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

I am doing B.SC microbiology.i want to become a officer.i am confused in CDS,IMA,OTA kindly give me information in detail
31st December 2010, 09:00 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir, I Bibek Subba from Darjeeling preaparing for my Army cadet college written exam starting from 1st feb 2011.Sir i am confused from which book should i study, plz help.
14th January 2011, 01:34 AM
S.K.Das

Respected Sir,
This is SUBHANKAR DAS . I need to know that what is the processor to join IMA , rather than i m till now pursuing B.com second year from Annamalai university .
Am i able to apply for this IMA or after completing my graduation .
Than if YES then tell me the processor.
Plz reply me !
15th January 2011, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

respected sir,
I am pankaj kumar for b-tech 3rd year student.I can apply for IMA EXAM,please reply me.
22nd January 2011, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir,

I m divya and right now i m pursuing my BCA-II year.I want to join the Indian Army and my date of birth is 05/04/1991.But due to age variance i m not sure that whether i m eligible for any kind of paper regarding getting entry in Indian Army.
2nd February 2011, 10:52 PM
Unregistered

respected sir i m hve jst cmpleted my BCA vid 65% marks now i want to join army bt i hve no knowlede about it can i m eligible for enterence exam
24th February 2011, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

sir/mam, i m ankush, my dob is 5 oct 1986 ,and i have done 3 yrs diploma in elex n comm engg ,now i m doing btech from computer science,which will be completed after 2 months ,so m i elegible for cds2011?
3rd March 2011, 11:08 PM
Unregistered

sir ....
i have completed my 12th.... and i have plans to join the army after doing a degree...... can i do any sort of degree to join the IMA????
9th March 2011, 01:42 AM
Unregistered

sir why eligibility of nda changed for 2011... i prepared alot...my birth yr is 1992....now hve to go for cds bt i cant bcoz f sme personal isssues...nw hve to wait fr 3yrs......it ruined my life....m sry pls help me...
9th March 2011, 07:50 PM
lakshmiharathi.kota
Member+

Smile Re: Agewise eligibility for Indian Military Academy and Officers Training Academy Exams?

you are very well eligible for appearing for IMA or NDA now and you will also be eligible after your graduation .......

as you are born in 1990....you are eligible for appearing for nda this year too ......you can also apply for technical entry for army,navy and air force.....

after graduation there is a separate exam sheld for entry in IMA or NDA that is called as CDS .......the minimum eligibility for it is graduation in any field......

so dint worry about age wise eligibility.....prepare well for nda and do your graduation with good percentage.........
9th March 2011, 09:39 PM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

Age wise eligibility for Indian Military Academy and Officers Training Academy Exams:-

1) For IMA: Unmarried male candidates between 19-24 years on 1st January or 1st July of the year succeeding the year of examination.

2) For Officers Training Academy: Male candidates (married or unmarried) between 19-25 years on 1st January or 1st July of the year succeeding the year of examination.
9th March 2011, 09:42 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

To apply for Indian army,there are some criteria,should followed by the candidate as mentioned in the notification.

some of the basic criteria for applying for INDIAN MILITARY ACADAMY

- age limit
-education qualification
-physical ability
2nd April 2011, 03:16 AM
Unregistered

sir,
i am harsh chowdhary i am student of BCA final year (completed in june2011)and my DOB is 1987 so i want to know that can i apply for IMA and what is the criteria and how to apply for IMA

Thank u...
12th April 2011, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i am pranav kumar. i'm studying BE 2nd year now. my date of birth is 16/10/1990. i will be passing out in the year 2013. I'm interested to join IMA or OTA.
i want to know if we have to apply when we are in the final year of my study or after passing out. i also want to know the number of attempts that we can make.
thank you.
19th April 2011, 08:13 PM
ZChirag aggarwal

Thumbs up Re: Agewise eligibility for Indian Military Academy and Officers Training Academy Exams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi sir ,
i am a student of commerce bt i am intrested in army and i have less % in 10 as well as in 12. can i join army and what is the proccedure to enter in IMA.
Dear friend,
NO..you cannot join IMA after 10+2 through commerce...but do not loose hope...jst do graduation and den serve your country in d best way...
20th April 2011, 10:48 AM
ZChirag aggarwal

Quote:
Hello sir,
this is Abhishat singh gehlot . sir i am a 11th passed student & intrested in army, but i have less pursentage in 10th class near about 57 pursent so what should i do to have a good future

Dear friend,
To get into IMA or OTA after 10+2,
u need to b a student of science and get a minimum of 70% and den u can easily enter IMA...the percentage f 10th class does not matter..but do work hard for 12th board...

best of luck
20th April 2011, 12:07 PM
ZChirag aggarwal

Quote:
Repected sir,
could you please tell me in detail about IMA,CDS and NDA.

shenbaga
Dear frend,
IMA and NDA are d 2 possible ways through wich a person can enter into INDIAN DEFENCE FORCES.

IMA (INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY)-age elibility is 16n a half -19n a half years..graduate with non medical wid a minimum of 70% in PCM if a person wants to enter through TECHNICAL ENTRY SCHMEME. Alternatively,one shud get graduated from a university n den enter IMA but it is d only door to enter in INDIAN ARMY..
NDA (NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY)-age eligibility is 16n a half-19 yrzz..der is no requirement of non medical if person wants to enter after 10+2.Alternatively,one shud get graduated from a university and den enter in NDA.it is d door to enter in any defence forces-INDIAN ARMY,INDIAN NAVY AND INDAIN AIR FORCE.
CDS-it is d written exam after completing graduation to enter in IMA..

ENTER D DEFENCE FORCES AND SERVE UR NATION IN D BEST WAY
22nd April 2011, 07:16 PM
ZChirag aggarwal

Thumbs up Re: Agewise eligibility for Indian Military Academy and Officers Training Academy Exams?

Quote:
hello sir ,
this is sachin lawange,sir i have just passed my 12th std with 53%.i wish to join IMA. My date of birth is 06-12-1989.i want to know wheather im eligible for IMA Agewise .if i am then course what shoild i do next so that i will be eligible.

Dear frend,

unmarried male candidates lying between 16n a half to ninteen

and a half yearz are eligible for OTA if they want to enter after 10+2 which is

called techincal entry scheme under which candidates getting above 70%

marks in PCM are eligible ..So, i am sorry to say but you are not eligible for

entry into IMA.But the gate to enter the INDIAN DEFENCE FORCES is not yet

closed for you.I am going to tell you the alternatives in the following which

you can opt and get selected for serving your nation in the best possible

manner..

Educational Qualification- The candidates for enrolment should have working

knowledge of either English or Hindi or both and should have graduated with

at least two of the following subjects:

(a) BSc. (i) Mathematics (ii) Physics (iii) Chemistry (iv) Botany (v) Zoology

(vi) Electronics (vii) Computer Science.

(b) BA. (i) English Literature (ii) Hindi Literature (iii) Urdu (iv) History

(v) Geography (vi) Political Science (vii) Economics (viii) Psychology
(ix) Mathematics (x) Sociology

(c) Group `X. BA/ BSc , MA /MSc or BCA/MCA with BEd from a recognised

University.

Age Limit- The candidate should be in the age group 20 to 25 years at the time of enrolment.

Best f luck
28th April 2011, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

sir..i m a bba student n i hv done my 12th with pcm n got more than 70% in pcm ...sir i want to know if i m eligible for ima or not...plz do reply...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?