30th September 2016, 01:05 PM
akshada ajay kadam

Am I eligible for IAS Ground Duties if don't have mathematics in 12th standard?

Hello sir, I'm Akshada Ajay Kadam. I have been completed my graduation from B.Sc Agriculture with 69.9% in this year. I have to join IAF ground duties. But I don't have mathematics in my 12th standard. Am I eligible for that? If yes then please tell me the details about that.
Thanking you!

30th September 2016, 07:05 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS Ground Duties if don't have mathematics in 12th standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshada ajay kadam View Post
Hello sir, I'm Akshada Ajay Kadam. I have been completed my graduation from B.Sc Agriculture with 69.9% in this year. I have to join IAF ground duties. But I don't have mathematics in my 12th standard. Am I eligible for that? If yes then please tell me the details about that.
Thanking you!
You have completed B.Sc degree, So you are eligible for IAS exam. This exam doesn't require mathematics in 12th standard.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years.

Books for IAS exam:-

IAS PRE: Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency
by Upscportal
Publisher: Upscportal.com
Price: Rs. 225

UPSC IAS PRE: English Grammar and Usage
by Upscportal
Publisher: UPSCPORTAL Publications
Price: Rs. 220

UPSC PORTAL: English Language Comprehension Skills
by UPSCportal Editorial Board
Publisher: Upsc Portal
Price: Rs. 150

UPSC Portal General Knowledge Manual
by UPSCportal Editorial Board
Publisher: Upscportal.com
Price: Rs. 150
30th September 2016, 07:51 PM
stutiswet2

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS Ground Duties if don't have mathematics in 12th standard?

Quote:
Thanking you!
For applying in Ground Duties, you must have your age between 20-23 years.
There is no criteria for Mathematics, so if you havn't opted Maths in 10+2, then also you are eligible for AFCAT.
Recently, AFCAT was conducted on 28th August, 2016.
30th September 2016, 08:04 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

IAF stands for Indian Air Force.

The eligibility criteria for Air Force Common Admission Test for Ground Duty branch is as below:

*For administration and logistics, minimum academic qualification required is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for this exam.

*You must have at least 60% marks in bachelor's degree to apply for AFCAT exam for ground duty.

You are eligible for this post even without having mathematics at 10+2 level.
30th September 2016, 09:09 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IAF stands for Indian Air force and it is one of the three wings of Indian defence sector.

Being a B.Sc in Agriculture degree holder with 69.90% you are eligible for joining Indian Air Force ground duty but for the same you need to qualify AFCAT ( Air Force Common Admission Test ). Also for appearing in the same examination the qualifications you must have apart from your educational qualification are as here under:-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 20 years to 23 years.

* You must satisfy the fitness norm as specified in the notification released for the same examination.

For further details and updates regarding AFCAT you can refer to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in.
30th September 2016, 09:34 PM
Madison.

Quote:
Thanking you!
Yes you can apply for the Ground Duty Branch only in IAF.

The IAF stands for Indian Air Force. The recruitment of the candidates in the Ground Duty Branch in Air Force is done through the AFCAT.
AFCAT stands for Air FOrce Common Admission Test which is conducted by IAF.
The candidates need to appear for SSB interview and then the Medical Round to get selected.

The eligibility criteria to appear for AFCAT are-

The candidates should have a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university with a minimum percentage of 60% in aggregate.
Final year candidates can also apply.
The age of the candidates should be between 21-26 years.
The candidates below 25 years should be unmarried.
The candidates should be Indian citizen.

So, even if you have mathematics in 12th it does not matter you can apply for IAF Ground Duty Branch.
30th September 2016, 09:58 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

IAF means Indian Air Force. AFCAT which means Air Force Common Admission Test is conducted by Air Force for Flying branch, technical branch and ground duty branch.

Eligibility criteria for Ground Duty branch:

~Bachelor's degree in any stream from a UGC recognized university with minimum of 60% marks in bachelor's degree.

~Age limit is 19-26 years.

You will have to appear for written test and Air Force SSB to get final job.
30th September 2016, 10:42 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

AFCAT which stands for Air Force Common Admission Test. AFCAT is conducted by Indian Air Force twice every year for recruitment of defence to different branches like:

1. Flying Branch,

2. Technical branch

3. Ground Duty Branch.

The academic qualification required for Ground duty branch is graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. Candidates studying in final year of bachelor's degree are also eligible for AFCAT exam. Minimum percentage of marks required to apply for AFCAT is 60%.

You can apply for AFCAT and are eligible for Ground Duty branch even if you have not studied Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level.
30th September 2016, 11:27 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can join IAF Ground Duty branch but after completion of your PG degree.

One who wishes to join Ground Duty branch of Indian Air Force has to appear for AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test). Through AFCAT, recruitment is made for Technical Branch,Flying branch and Ground duty branch of Indian Air Force.

Eligibility criteria for Ground duty branch :

-The candidate age should be in between 20 - 26 years .

-The candidate should have passed Post Graduation degree in any stream with at least 50% marks from a recognized university . .

Physical standards :

Height :

For Men : 157.5 cms

For Women : 152 cms

Selection procedure :

Screening Test

Psychological Test ,

Group discussion & Interview .
30th September 2016, 11:59 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Indian Air Force Ground Duty branch:

*Educational qualification required for Ground Duty branch is graduation in any stream from a recognized university. Final year candidates of bachelor's degree can also apply for this Air Force Common Admission test.

*Minimum percentage of marks in bachelor's degree is 60% for AFCAT exam.

You are graduate in Agriculture with 69.9%, you can apply for AFCAT exam without having studied Mathematics in 12th.
1st October 2016, 12:11 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible for Indian Air force Ground Duty recruitment without having Mathematics in your Class 12th and being a bachelor degree holder as for the same the minimum qualifications required are as following: -

I) You must have the citizenship of India.

II) You must have completed your bachelor degree course in any subject with at least 60% from a recognized university.

III) Your age must lie in between 20 years to 23 years.

IV) You must satisfy the physical fitness norms specified for the post.

Also if you satisfy these criteria then for your recruitment you will have to qualify AFCAT. And for further queries regarding the same examination you visit the link www.careerairforce.nic.in.
1st October 2016, 12:35 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. Also, there is no ground duties in IAS.
UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) conducts IAS examination once in a year.
Eligibility to appear in IAS examination
-Candidate must be a citizen of India
-Candidate must have completed bachelor degree in any disciple from any university recognized by UGC(University Grant Commission)
-Candidate must be of age 21 to 32 years(5 year relaxation for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC).
Number of attempts is limited which is 6 for general, 9 for OBC and no limit for SC/ST candidates.

Students have to qualify Preliminary, Mains and Personal Interview for selection.
Preliminary for IAS 2016 has been conducted already on 07th August 2016.
So, you should go for IAS 2017.
Registration for IAS starts in last week of April.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?