23rd September 2011, 12:00 AM
Roshan808

Am I eligible for M.Tech in IIT or NIT through GATE having secured 54% in BE?

SIR,
I have 54% aggregate in BE.am I eligible for M.Tech in IIT or NIT through GATE.please reply

23rd September 2011, 05:03 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: Am I eligible for M.Tech in IIT or NIT through GATE having secured 54% in BE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshan808 View Post
SIR,I have 54% aggregate in BE.am I eligible for M.Tech in IIT or NIT through GATE.please reply

Information Regarding GATE Examination.

GATE exam is conducted by the management of IIT college for the admission in the M.Tech course at the IIT college. Many other college also take admission in the M.Tech course through the GATE score card. To appear in the GATE examination you need the following eligibility criteria.

Education Qualification = Engineering degree in any branch of engineering. The final year engineering student are also eligible for the GATE examination. There are some change in the GATE-2012 examination. So, please CLICK HERE..!!! to know the details information.

NOTE :- The Pre-final year candidates are not eligible for the GATE examination. Only final year and pass out candidates are eligible for the GATE examination.

There are no limit of age and percentage in the qualifying examination. Only pass the qualifying examination is enough to appear in the GATE examination. So, if you have pass the B.Tech course then you are eligible for the GATE examination. You can appear in the upcoming GATE-2012 examination. So, do preparation well for the examination.

The details information is available on the official website of GATE. So, for any more information regrading GATE-2012 examination please visit the official website of the GATE examination :- http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2012/

Regards
~Mukul~
23rd September 2011, 07:01 PM
dil-jale

Default Re: Am I eligible for M.Tech in IIT or NIT through GATE having secured 54% in BE?

hi dear,
offcourse you are eligible for M.TECH in IIT if you having secured 54% in BE
minimum marks should be 50 % for M.TECH in IIT

thanks
24th September 2011, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: thank u

thank you very much.....
24th September 2011, 03:26 PM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for M.Tech in IIT or NIT through GATE having secured 54% in BE?

Dear friend,
To appear in the GATE exam you don't have to bother about the following facts:-
(a) Percentage of marks
(b) Number of attempts
(c) Age limit
So, you can easily appear in the exam.
Even if you score high marks in the exam you are eligible to apply for the IITs/NITs
All the very best.
Keep preparing yourself.
27th October 2011, 10:35 PM
Unregistered

sir
i have 56% in b.tech. am i eligible for addmision in iit or nit???? how much minimum % should any1 have for admission in any iit
28th October 2011, 12:19 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible for M.Tech in IIT or NIT through GATE having secured 54% in BE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshan808 View Post
SIR,
I have 54% aggregate in BE.am I eligible for M.Tech in IIT or NIT through GATE.please reply

Eligibility For GATE

GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) exam is conducted every year for admission into M.Tech in the top colleges of India like IITs,NITs,BITS,IISc and many more..

In order to appear for GATE..you need to fulfill the following conditions :-

1) Either you should be a B.Tech final year student or B.Tech degree holder in any stream..

2) You can also be a final year student pursuing M.Sc. or dual degree program..or a degree in any of these..

There is no restriction of percentage or any age limit or any number of attempts for appearing in GATE..

In case you still have any queries..then you can visit the following website to clear all your doubts :-

Click Here

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
28th October 2011, 01:01 AM
ankitjajo

yes u are eligible for M.Tech in IITs through GATE as min. percentage required is 50%.
7th January 2012, 03:39 PM
chiknichameli

Engineering degree in any branch of engineering. The final year engineering student are also eligible for the GATE examination. There are some change in the GATE-2012 examination. So, please CLICK HERE..!!! to know the details information.

NOTE :- The Pre-final year candidates are not eligible for the GATE examination. Only final year and pass out candidates are eligible for the GATE examination.
There are no limit of age and percentage in the qualifying examination. Only pass the qualifying examination is enough to appear in the GATE examination. So, if you have pass the B.Tech course then you are eligible for the GATE examination. You can appear in the upcoming GATE-2012 examination.
11th May 2012, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

i got gate percentile of 97.07 and btech aggregate of 75.21 will i get into any of the nits and which ones are most preferable
7th October 2012, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

Sir I completed BE from vtu in 2007 in CS. I got 2nd class 58 pc in degree in which they consider only the avg marks of 4 semisters i.e. 5,6,7 n 8. But i got 61 pc aggregate through out all sems i.e. from 1st to 8th. So which pc wil be considered when i go for iits or nits etc. where 60pc is mandatory for Mtech.
7th July 2013, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have aggregate of 58% in my B.E Mechanical, can i get admission in IIT or NIT for M.Tech through gate? Please reply
20th July 2017, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

I have secured 54% in my BE from ST category , Am I eligible to study MTech in IITs or NITs through Gate??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?